Clear all

Robert Mercer

lisa
(@lisa)
Trusted Member Registered

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Thanks for posting, Lisa. He's trying to save his brand. Trying to distance himself from the bad reputation he has for aiding and abetting the likes of Steven Bannon.  It seems odd to me since he's as awful as Bannon. Two villains causing chaos and destruction. So distancing himself from Breitbart won't change his reputation, at least not in my neck of the woods. Besides he sold his Breitbart interest to his kids. How distant is that? 

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
 lisa
(@lisa)
Topic starter  

The article indicated he’s ‘come under scrutiny.’   Wondering if there’s a connection here to the Mueller investigation.  His retreat seems sudden and unexpected.  

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Lisa, good point. Hmmm.  

ReplyQuote
 lisa
(@lisa)
Topic starter  

I posted the article from The Guardian because they have done an amazing job of investigative reporting regarding Mercer's behind the scene impact on both the Trump campaign and Brexit.   In the 11/2  NYT article regarding Robert Mercer stepping down from leadership of his hedge fund, it is stated that Cambridge Analytica is facing 'new scrutiny for possible links to the federal probe into Russia's meddling in the 2016 president election.' 

Something is happening here and it seems important.  This is an excellent group of see-ers and thinkers.  Hopefully you all can ruminate on Mr. Mercer's backpedaling to see what's what.

I live in Baltimore, MD.  Our morning paper had an article stating the Pension Fund for Baltimore police officers and firefighters is 'seeking to withdraw $32 million from Mercer's hedgefund.'  Uh oh. 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: