Kasick /Hickenloope...

Notifications
Clear all

Kasick /Hickenlooper:Independent 2020 Bid?

4 Posts
3 Users
16 Likes
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Ohio Gov. John Kasich (R) and Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D) have been making a flurry of joint appearances to talk about state-driven improvements to health care.

But there are signs that their partnership might be a part of an alliance that's gaining momentum toward a possible joint independent bid for president in 2020, likely with Kasick at the top of the ticket.

Hmm..a dark haired man running on an independent ticket....prediction possibility??

https://www.axios.com/2020-rumblings-gop-dem-combo-potential-emerges-2476905475.html

KB, diana11, Grace and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kcking)
Estimable Member Registered

A Republican and Democrat to run on the same ticket?  I love it!  Maybe that's the future of politics - that we actually vote for the best people with the best ideas rather than a party platform.  I know the Independent Party has a platform (one that I don't particularly care for) and I don't know enough about these two men to know if I support their ideas but the possibility that two different parties could come together is hopeful.  Maybe we need a "non-party" that doesn't have a specific platform but just has intelligent people with good ideas for Americans.  We need something different.

Dianne, KB, diana11 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@diana11)
Reputable Member Registered

I was reading the comments on the CNN feed about this and someone from Alaska said that their governor and lt. governor are a non-partisan administration (Rep and Dem) and that things have really improved for their state because of it. 

Michele, Grace, Michele and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Kasick and Hickenlooper add to bipartnership speculation with release of heath care reform plans and it sticks pretty close to the Affordable Care Act fixes Republican Sen. Lamar Alexander and Democratic Sen. Patty Murray will start considering next week — but with a broader range of practical changes to be considered after the markets are stabilized.  Their work may boost Alexander and Murray’s efforts to fund ACA insurer payments and increase state flexibility, but it also includes a menu of other ideas they could consider after the basic bill passes.

https://www.axios.com/kasich-hickenlooper-call-for-quick-aca-fixes-modest-reforms-2479918027.html?utm_medium=linkshare&utm_campaign=organic

ReplyQuote
Share: