Clear all

A Gift from the Pope

3 Posts
3 Users
2 Likes
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

I hope this does not come across as disrespectful to anyone, but I have to say that I found the video of the gift exchange between the Pope and Cheetolini absolutely HILARIOUS. First of all, Melania looks ridiculous... but nevermind that.... Cheetolini gave the Pope a set of books of MLK writings. The Pope is all "Thanks for the books, now here's my letter from 2015 about climate change, you moron. Thanks for stopping by, here's the door out." Typically these gifts are usually more personal, a small precious object, etc. Just my laughtrack for the day.

diana11 and diana11 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@diana11)
Reputable Member Registered

Hahaa, totally agree Laura and I call him Cheetolini too :)

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

The real gift of the pope is that he can still love and give no matter what. In my heart Pope Francis and the Dali Llama are two very dear and great beings. The Dali Llama has the ability to see through our appearances to our original nature and soul and the Pope to forgive and pray for even those who appear to be destroying the good so many have worked for.

I can laugh at silliness and incongruity as humans we still have weird customs and odd traditions in our world and the required headcoverings and wearing of black for an audience with the pope still seems outdated. The ladies were probably even more uncomfortable looking at one anothers wear than we were. They tried but it was a bit of a fashion fail. The giving of books and papers are traditionally safe and often don't match either. I'm sure all sides were glad when it was over!

ReplyQuote
Share: