Clear all

Positive Predictions that are Coming True

15 Posts
8 Users
54 Likes
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

While bad news dominates our world, the positive news gets ignored.  Yet it is here and is happening.  Two stories just this morning alone in the Boston Globe and the Washington Post, and many more happening every day.  You can help with this awareness by looking through our positive predictions and letting me know what's coming true.  You can also just post the positive developments you see going on. I know the list of positive developments is already very long and will get longer.  Let's make sure we are aware of it. 

1. We have predicted that women will take the reins in saving the world :

Boston Globe 3/19/18: In wake of #MeToo, a growing interest in hiring and promoting female executives: The #MeToo movement and resistance to President Trump have put the unequal treatment of women in the workplace in the spotlight. And as public outcry spreads, corporate America is slowly responding. According to a February survey of more than 1,300 recruiters nationwide conducted by the Boston recruiting marketplace Scout Exchange, 80 percent of recruiters said they had seen an increase in the number of requests for female executives over the previous 12 months. Since October, when the Weinstein scandal broke, there has been a 41 percent jump in cases in which women have beat out men for executive-level jobs, according to Scout’s analysis of thousands of hires during that time period. 

2. We have predicted that in the 2020's sustainability will move to the forefront of  public priorities. Again, just this morning, here's a surprising story:

Washington Post, 3/19/18: A major sustainable energy program is still doing well, with Rick Perry as a promoter! 

Energy Secretary Rick Perry last week called out a little-known energy technology incubator as one of the reasons the department “has had and is having such a profound impact on American lives.” At the annual summit for the department's Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy last Wednesday, Perry said the technology born in the nursery for energy startups is "impressive" and "simply a preview of our possibilities."

Tee and Tee reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi Jean,

I believe you have a hit on the prediction of the beautiful blond woman in the flowing white dress. A woman matching that description is featured being arrested at a protest. She sings , "Women going to rise like the water, gonna shut detention down."

ReplyQuote
(@melissa)
Honorable Member Registered

Jeanne and Ghandigirl, 

Thank you for reminding us to focus on the positive. I find it fascinating that nobody responded to your post, Jeanne, until now. And looking at our general response trends over these past several months, I started to wonder if humans have a tendency to be addicted to bad news. So I googled the concept and guess what....yes we do. 

https://socialhealth.blog/2018/02/20/addiction-to-negative-news/

ReplyQuote
(@melissa)
Honorable Member Registered

These all seem related to Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez's primary win.

• Progressive Democrats win primaries in many states. (Christopher)
  • A huge stop, something dramatic happening, we have crossed a line that represents the end of patriarchy, although it will continue for some time. The ending has begun. (Jeanne Mayell)
  • Females rising. (Bar) Women rising. (Jilli) Wonder woman to the rescue. (Meghan N) 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you, Ghandigirl and Melissa. I will post the hits in the prediction page. We need some good news hits.  I have already posted  some good news hits  this week.

The brain defaults to the negative. That’s a safety mechanism that keeps our species alive.  So when information is up to interpretation like so many of our visions/predictions, people respond in their minds with worst case scenarios.  

Watch a bird or a squirrel outdoors— they are constantly looking around to make sure the situation is safe.  Cave man had that same survival instinct and it is the reason we are here today.  

We do that too throughout our day,  only we have made our communities so safe that most of us don’t need to be so vigilant in our immediate surroundings . But when we read the news, our negative bias kicks in.

The media knows that people pay more attention to scary news so they promote scary news.  Many of our visions and predictions are of future news stories that have spread through he collective conscience.  

People tell me that they don’t read our positive predictions!  They don’t realize how much they should be looking to see the good that is germinating in our world.  Those positive predictions are the longer term future.  

I try to warn people that 99.9 % of our negative predictions will not directly affect them.  That they, that you will be okay.

Trump for example hurts us indirectly but if we don’t rise up and cry foul he could harm us all directly.  

He definitely hurts us all psychologically — keeping us in a constant state of anxiety and pain because of the horrible things he’s doing to people we read  about.  And together with the GOP, they are devastating our future in a number of ways, the worst is climate change. 

We will survive though.  And we always adapt.  And he and the GOP are catalysts for a better world.

They are bringing about their own demise.  They are burning down the house.  We will build a new house. A beautiful house. 

TaG22, Melissa, RunestoneOne and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Hi Jean! Two possible hits. A reader saw Paul Ryan speaking in a white button down shirt. Just saw Beto O'Rourke speaking out about Peaceful protest. He is also dark haired and handsome like Ryan.  Also I feel Beto may be the dark haired man who emerges in the election that was foretold. He feels similar to Obama. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi Gandhigirl, thanks for finding hits.

What are the words for  the Paul Ryan prediction? Can you tell me when it was predicted, who predicted it and for what month?  And the news story it is linked to? Thanks. 

ReplyQuote
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

A little known story: California's governor just signed a bill for CA to go totally carbon free by 2045. They are the world's fifth largest economy. This is a significant step toward sustainability. 

http://fortune.com/2018/09/10/california-governor-carbon-free-power-energy/

R1

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

R1 - it's a good bill, but many of us are dismayed by the timing. By placing these changes so far in the future, it puts them at risk of being repealed. 2030 would have been a better time frame.... that being said, at least it's a step in the right direction.

Jeanne Mayell, RunestoneOne, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Not sure if this was predicted but Netherlands Police have arrested seven men over an alleged plot to carry out what they describe as a major terrorist attack involving guns and explosives.

That is definitely positive news!

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45673221

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

BlueBelle, Marley, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Michele, this is wonderful news.  Thank you for posting. Amazing to be happening in Ethiopia.   ❤️ 

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

We are having a storm here, I felt kind of...  You know, winter is back and its tough for people like me.  And then, I just read this whole topic from the beginning.  I feel uplifted!  I think we are going through a moment like the suffragette around the world did during the late 19th and early 20th century.  Would it be a good idea to have a section on Women News and Achievement or something like that?  Just a thought...

ghandigirl, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

It was for around the time of his announcement of coming retirement. Someone had had a vision of him speaking at a podium with a white shirt and his face melting to a skeleton. I have memory issues so I'm sorry I don't remember more. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Good news: Today a poll showed a rise in youth activism for the midterms and a rise in the youth vote by fourteen percent, a rise which is primarily progressive. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/nov/05/youth-vote-democrats-midterms-nextgen-tom-steyer-trump?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

This was a prediction that Paula made for the midterms.

I have also seen a rise in a powerful youth activism over the coming years.  Watch out!  Those kids are sassy and strong - forging a new way. 

Sophie, Lovendures, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: