Notifications
Clear all

Women Rising, Women role models  

RSS

(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
02/26/2020 10:48 pm  

A female high school wrestler beat the boys to win the state wrestling championship in South Carolina!  Watch her flip her opponent in a final moment.  Remember this is the finals of a State championship - the best of the best. Women are breaking out of gender roles everywhere.  So good for the girls of South Carolina. 

A teen girl beat the boys to become the best high school wrestler in her state. 

1582775532-Girl-state-wrest-champ.jpg

BlueBelle, Coyote, TriciaCT and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
02/27/2020 1:05 am  

@jeanne-mayell

That is amazing!

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
02/27/2020 2:20 pm  

The last time I checked, southern high schools' girls sports were big on cheerleading, not so much on what have been traditionally boys' sports. So the culture seems to be changing. 

Lilinoe liked
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Reputable Member Registered
02/29/2020 7:31 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

It gets even better when you read about her season record: 54 wins and 4 losses. I love the look on her face. She knows she deserves the attention.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
03/01/2020 1:33 pm  

When  my children were growing up, my boy played hockey (among other sports.).

In the northeast, hockey is a macho sport and the boys  play rough.  

Well the best  hockey player on the team which was the A team, when they were eleven was a skinny blond girl named Christie.   

During one game she tripped and fell hard on the ice.  The  game stopped while the ref and her coach checked  her out,  at which point the coach of the opposing team yelled across the ice in a loud sneering voice that everyone could hear, “She shouldn’t even be OUT  there!”  He had a thick Boston accent which seared itself in my brain so that I can still hear it today. All of the kids on the ice and In the stands, boys and girls alike, heard him loud and clear. 

But Christie  popped up and stayed in the game and later shot a bullet into the net right between the goalie’s legs to score the game winning goal. I wondered how that outcome affected all those kids. 🙂 

herondreams, FEBbby23, TriciaCT and 6 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
03/05/2020 8:58 pm  

Today "Rosie the Riveter" passed away at the age of 95.

She inspired generations including her own during ww2.  She became a lasting symbol of womanhood and of breaking down barriers.  Thanks "Rosie".  

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/obituaries/rosalind-p-walter-original-rosie-riveter-dies-95-n1151031

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23 and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
03/07/2020 12:43 am  

This news is fantastic and should be shouted from a mountain top for a multitude of reasons.

An 11-year-old Syrian female table tennis player, Hend Zaza, qualifies for Olympics.

Lilinoe liked
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Estimable Member Registered
03/07/2020 5:36 pm  

This story made me happy!

A teen girl beat the boys to become the first female wrestler to win her state championship

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/26/us/first-female-wrestler-state-champ-trnd/index.html?fbclid=IwAR1879H31GYC1ihSas8MzwpoGMWufVa4neU6VGbF6j6t-xIWNdaYmFw9BoU

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
03/12/2020 11:00 pm  

Congresswoman Katie Porter. She is the best of the best and is meant to be here with us at this time.

What she did to the head of the CDC was amazing.  She was Brilliant.  She may have just saved lives.

She questioned him relentlessly until he agreed to have the agency pay for the the COVID-19 test(which is over  $1,000 per test, a family of 4 would be over $4,000.  She is brilliant. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/12/politics/katie-porter-cdc-coronavirus-testing-white-board/index.html

ReplyQuote
Share: