Notifications
Clear all

Technology Predictions thread

(@mizmargo)
Estimable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hiya -- I was thinking that a Technology prediction thread/topic would be helpful in the forums -- I wasn't sure where to post my question.

Reading the future predictions about so much dismantling and climate chaos has me wondering how technology will play in the future. With visions of "going local" and houses on hills like in Japan, and a return to nature -- which seems to be the gist of the 2020s and beyond -- I wonder how our tech will fare. Will there still be an internet? Will cell phones and VR and all of our medical and entertainment gadgets still be moving forward? Will reality TV finally come to an end? (Here's hoping!). It's hard to imagine a "back to nature" future when everyone is so wired to their phones. Would love some predictions.

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
Topic Tags
(@seyrin)

Re: Future Technology

Probability: High

Expect our tech to improve yearly. Also, I don't think we will be going back to an agrarian lifestyle like you might have seen in the past. Rather you will see people being more "in touch" with nature. What I believe Zoron or Jeanne were seeing was an integration people back into nature. What I see happening is an heightened awareness and desire to be closer to nature. Instead of building a vast suburbia with cookie cutter homes and nonstop schedules, I see people moving away from the cities. This will occur for various reasons, 1) it will be cheaper, 2) people will want to get away from crowds and the "rush" and 3) a new mentality of "I work to live, not live to work" will arise. I see people living in homes that bring nature in with large windows, open living spaces, and lots of natural aesthetics.  I also see cities transforming from gray metal monstrosities to glassy green oases. Life will be less about riches and more about minimalism.

There are other things that will occur too.

1) the job market is going to change...

...and it will change soon. Automation is improving every day. By 2020 expect many manufacturing and mining jobs to be obsolete. It will all be done by AI. There will be automation in logistics, shopping, medical procedures, construction, basic legal procedures, etc. The best forecast job markets are medicine, administration and management, information processing, computer and software programming, law, education, and analytics. 

2) integration of AI with the human mind...

...Elon Musk is already working on a way to integrate the human mind with computers for various reasons. The first and most prominent it to give amputees an opportunity to have full motor control of a prosthetic limbs. Another is to help the blind see by having cameras work as eyes. These both are amazing advancements that are very close to being possible. In fact, I see them being legitimately operational medical procedures by 2025. A more abstract possibility is to have instant communication, a sort of telepathy (this I don't see being possible until after 2040).

3) driver-less cars...

...this is already possible, but by the end of 2020 expect to see an uptick in their usage in cities. By the end of 2025, expect to see them moving into more rural communities as baby boomers become less prominent that millennials. By 2030, you will be hard pressed to find a car with a steering wheel.

4) hybrid cars and alternative transportation...

...as people begin to realize that the government is not going to step up to compact climate change, more an more people will do it themselves. The first thing people will do will be to by hybrids. You can already see this happening. More and more people are buying these cars vs. gas-based automobiles. But by 2025 expect people to be buying them and other renewable forms of transportation almost exclusively. Also expect for towns and cities to replace all of the gas-based systems with renewables.

5) longer lifespans and replaceable organs...

...there is a scientist, Aubrey de Grey, who believes she has found the cure for aging and is in the trial stages for proving her theory. Thus far she has been able to extend the lives of rats to an extra 10 years, in one case almost 20. If it proves possible in humans, her gene therapies could have us living to 150-200 years (maybe even longer). She thinks her therapies will be available by 2045. I see it being highly possible by 2060. Moreover, scientist are working on cloning individual organs, which I see as a viable possibility by the end of 2030. So instead of waiting for a donor to come around, a doctor would merely make a person another organ within a few months, and eureka you're cured! This would lead to better health and possibly longer lives. 

6) mission to Mars, discovery of better space flight, and beyond Mars..

...The first expect mission to Mars is to occur in 2023 (if there is no delays). This will likely be accelerate as Trump wants to have another space race. This, in no way, will hurt these ventures. However, by 2025 I see a global committee of experts coming together to arrange a new form of space exploration, likely to be headed by Elon Musk whose vision is to open up space for the next great field of exploration. But, while his aim is exploration, the committees will be for mining. The first prototype space vehicles will likely rely on nuclear power (in which there are many forms this could take, but the most likely is nuclear propulsion). I don't see antimatter even being remotely possible until after the 2100, unless there is some unforeseen breakthrough. Once we get the nuclear propulsion ships working (likely by 2050) humans will be seeking out moons with high mineral contents. Expect Jupiter's moons and Saturn's to be prime targets. Also it's very possible, that by this time we might also seek to colonize Venus's upper most atmospheric layer, like a cloud city (if I'm being fanciful).

There is so much technological that I see coming, I almost wish it would come faster! :D  

TriciaCT, lenor, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@mizmargo)
Topic starter  

WOW -- thank you so much for this. Makes the future seem much brighter than Einstein's "sticks and stones" after WWIII scenario. I, too, wish it would come sooner -- I'll be dead before they learn how to extend life! lol (I might make it to 2060, so, I'll get to see many things, at least. ;)

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
 stu
(@stu)
Honorable Member Registered

what will happen in the developing countries like China / Bangladesh where a great number of  jobs are in factories, those jobs will be replaced overnight by robots / automation. These are people with little education and will struggle to transfer into high end service jobs so quickly. China wouldn't be able to support so many unemployed people who have given up on farming and have moved to the cities to look for work, maybe they will move back to the country side to farm again and feed themselves but I can't see this happening without massive political turmoil.

If automation / robotics is the future then the manufacturing process will move back to western countries to be closer to the buyers, products will be made on-demand, there will be even less jobs in the developing world.

if the developing world economies start crashing it is likely to take the western world economies with it. Everything is inter-connected in the global economy.

what's worse is that it doesn't require all manufacturing jobs to be automated, just a 20% reduction in manufacturing jobs in China would have a devastating effect on the Chinese economy. Not just for China but the world economy.

If you layer on top of this that western world high end service jobs like accounts, programmers, doctors etc... are going to be replaced by AI & automation. Then it creates another problem - that nobody will have any money to spend on products! 

Governments will have to give people a minimum level of money just to keep the system going. (some government are already looking to do this). 

But this then leads to the question, what is money? why do we need it? does it have any real value if you're not working for it? money only has value if everyone believes in it. If people don't have confidence in money anymore then the whole global system and society will collapse.

and we will be running around with sticks and stones.

maybe we won't be I don't have any confidence that the governments will react quick enough, they move so slowly they can't keep up with technology. We've been here before with the Luddites who destroyed the mechanical cotton and woolen mills in the 1800s.

I don't see any of this in the predictions tho which is odd. So maybe I'm wrong :)

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seyrin)

Stu, 

Your thoughts are not impossibilities. 

It's possible that governments don't act fast enough to close the gap between AI and human manufacturing. 

I don't see this happening tho, but I am not anywhere near Zoron or Jeanne in skill. 

AI, just like an immigrant, is not a threat to all job markets. It's possible that one day doctors and programmers and managers and nurses and augmented reality developers be replaced by robots. But it's also unlikely. Until we can give a robot a brain like our own, it won't be able to accomplish tasks that require a "human touch". And since we have really only begun to scratch the surface of the human brains physiology, we are therefore no where close to having AI be even close to human. So, when it comes to service jobs, medical professionals, teachers, artists, lawyers, engineers, military officers, businessmen, information analysts, politicians, administrators and managers, etc. You won't see AI there for a LONG time. The result: these jobs will just become more prominent whereas manufacturing jobs will slowly die off. In China, this might hurt their population for a time, but it won't cripple them forever. As manufacturing items "right in your home" becomes more realistic, you'll see society following the curve. Things will just be easier to get a hold of so long as you have the capitol to purchase them. For those who don't, it will be a struggle. There will be more homeless and hungry, but societies as a whole are very touchy about showing that side of their world. So either there will be a major divide in population where you have the ultra rich living so lavishly that that is no possibility that a third world could catch up, or society will meet the steep curve. (Either option is possible at this point, as both are far enough away that the future has several possibilities.)  The curve will require that people obtain a higher education to meet the demands of the changing job market. Affordability won't be an issue (in this possibility). As educational institutions will change to meet the demands. I would expect, that as time goes on, more and more educational institutions will become free and possibly mandatory.

As for money, it will become credits. The things you do, will earn you credits. The things you buy and sell, will earn you credits. The things you advertise will earn you credits. The things you own, will earn you credits. Etc. Money will not go away, it will just change forms, as it always has from the very beginning when a man traded crops for a pig, a daughter for land, an estate for gold, cash for an electronic. Stick and stones is highly unlikely, unless we blast ourselves back to the bronze age.

Humans will just adapt. That is what makes us unique.     

There is a darker reality, one where we get out of touch with the human aspect of reality because we are too focused on the virtual world. This is a cold world, one where the life descends into a dark age dystopia. But money doesn't go away, neither does the knowledge of past technologies. It's just a different type of struggle. 

But, that reality, is not likely.  

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

It's not likely we are going to get lost in technology because Mother Nature will become dominant. I'm not thinking we will become agrarian again but people are going to be much more focused on getting food in an increasingly hostile climate.  

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seyrin)

Jeanne,

I'm no where near your skill. Maybe you could she'd light...

How I see time is convoluted. It only comes in dreams and at first its like I'm floating in a vast ocean. Different images cycle around me. I can swim to these images and see vague things, but they're not super detailed. I CAN'T see faces. I have no idea why. All these "images" are is a quick blurb, sometimes a sense. At first, I seriously didn't take them for futuristic. That changed when I saw a bad experience, then lived it. 

What I have been "seen" is manifold. I've seen society collapse. I've seen it prosper. I've seen people growing crops in their own home (on walls) and major hunger on the streets. I've seen wealth beyond our imagining, but also severe abject poverty (an I'll Ilisium future, but different). I've seen surreal social equality and almost paradise. 

I don't know if these connect. I take them as different "directions". 

Would you be able to better explain? I'm not as capable as you, I'm just a person who grew up seeing these things, thought they were dreams, had something happen to prove otherwise, but still distruts them.

ReplyQuote
(@asian)

The great chronocrator will happen at 2020. Then the next is scheduled for 2219 AD. So, our technology will change and the pattern will dominate for upto 23rd century. But, it's a long process. Change of technology will effect society and vice versa. We are at the twilight of an era. We will see the societal structure collapse and begining the foundation of new aquarian age.

lenor, BlueBelle, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Thank you Asian, very interesting.

I dont want to sound silly but what is the importance of aquarian age? My husband mentioned it few days ago, I have never heard of it before. 

ReplyQuote
(@asian)

It takes earth 25800 years to travel around huge central sun through precession of equinox. Because of this earth passes through 12 signs of zodiac. According to astrologers every age lasts through 2150 years. It is the avarage time for vernal equinox to move to next constellation of zodiac sign.

There several opinion about when it started. Some maintain it started around 1447, some places it's starting date at 1844. You can search wikipedia. One astrologer said it will start at 3797 ! 

Anyway, first 150/200 years are transition age. For me it's transition phase started around mid 18th century. Aquarius is associated with freedom,democracy,electricity, computer,humanitarianism, knowledge,brotherhood, integrity,love,equity etc. These ideals will flourish upto approx 3300 AD.

Piscean age refers to the centralized system. Thats why centralized religions like Islam, christianity flourished. Political structure was structure built around roman empire. It also emphasized fear and duality. Thats why fear about satan in religion and sect vs sect, religion vs religion, empire vs empire, even ethnicity vs ethnicity clashed. Every one thought he is on the side of truth. But it also emphasized idealism and sacrifice, so people sacrificed for country, religion and society. But, sadly due to centralized system elites dominated every sphere of society and common man suffered.

After 2025/28 aquarian energy will push out piscean energy which is in retreat. That's why there is so much instability. And domination of right wing forces who emphasizes religion, nation etc. It's the last phase of pisces. On positive side due to conflict common people will rise up and bring down the old order. But new society will be built with aquarian ideal.

That was one long post ! But, I hope you got your query's answar. Also kaliyuga is also ending in 2020, but thats an another matter. 

TriciaCT, lenor, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Oh wow, how fascinating, thank you so much for explaining this to me. All of this makes so much sense. Im very tempted to ask about kaliyuga  ;) but I don't want to bother you, I will try and google about it. Thank so very much

ReplyQuote
(@asian)

No problem! I'm always happy to answar questions limited to my ability.

See, kaliyuga means dark age. Because people in kaliyuga loses their connection with their inner light and becomes materialistic. They try to find happiness in consumption, needless to say they fail. Also, people identify themselve with nation, religion, ethnicity etc. Because people aren't spiritualy advanced they clash with each other (identity against identity). For territory and control(materialism, they are not happy with what they got. They believe winnings of war will brings happiness). So, conflict happens all the time in society. No peace.No respect to others belief. Because everyone don't see, that the truth is present in every belief system . Also because of materialistic tendency and animalistic tendency(lack of spiritual guidence again), they also cause harm to each other(greed,selfishness rule in every day life). Profit is the goal for business man, rulers are dishonest they want to suck subject's resouces(again matirialistic tensency, they think consumption is the goal of life), they also misguide common people under them  to go against each other for their own benefit. Because ruler do not want to protect their subjects from harms way many people die from hunger, disease. There is no equality, true knowledge and wealth is in the hand of few people. But common people do not questuon their masters. They fight between themselves. Masters remains untouched.

See, the current situation. People are not cronfronting their actual cause of misery. Right wing leaders are the new 'elite' who will exploite them and misguide them for their personal gain. From one slavery to another.

Why this is happening?

Because, those who are being seduced still indentify themselve with nation, caste, religion, nationality. And hate 'others' for their misery. But people who are spiritualy advanced like you who can see the truth behind the facade will not fall for this. So, the awakened people are resisting. A divide is being created. On one side it is spiritualy advanced people who emphasize 'global brotherhood' errespective of nationality, race or borders on other side and on the other side it is people who believe in 'old' world order. They are not spiritualy advanced so they got caught in this web. From a redneck to a jihadi. They may be poles apart, but they believe in society in conflict. That's conflicts divided even families. It will intensify in the coming days. You can say it is a fight between "good and evil/angel-demon". Main reason is spirituality.

Of course, forward thinking people will win. Because, old model will not suit new age. It served it's purpose.

TriciaCT, lenor, diana11 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asian)

Oh! sorry for the missing words and repeats. I didn't checked it before posting.

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Thank you so much, all of this makes so much sense with everything that is happening in this world  right now. This is very fascinating to read, thank you so much again. 

ReplyQuote
(@asian)

I'm happy to help. Event's between 2017-2021 will leave common people bruised and demoralized. Those who are missing the pattern of current events will be caught very surprised and unprepared. So, it is nessecery to to be prepared if not for anything then survival.

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I'm very interested in forecasting how technology will react to the challenges of climate change. I guess I should start a thread. Okay will do.

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asian)

If you do that, I'll post how the technolofy will change and the role of the chronocrater. I have it in my notes.

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: