Our Children and Grandchildren

19 Posts
12 Users
118 Likes
 Tee
(@tee)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm no psychic, but yesterday I took a long look at my children and their friends and I have a feeling all those little people coming in, they are going to be a no-nonsense generation. I think they are going to be very upset with us and the generations that have allowed to let the planet come to this. There is an explosive potential with them, in the most positive sense. I think it is going to be them that eventually will shatter corporate power and the old world order. Once they understand the power they have and combined with their good hearts, the healthy anger about the global devastation will give them the power to break out of the capitalistic brainwash that we old ones are still too entrenched in. Our children are so fun, sweet, innovative, strong and determined. They are going to be the warriors that will give the old order its last crush and with it they will usher in the new. They are the phoenix generation.

I'd love to hear what you psychic peeps have to say about that XOXO

Kim K., Michele, diana11 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@seyrin)
Estimable Member Registered

Not psychic, but I feel you! What a wonderful perspective!

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I feel you are right. I already see this new generation - strong, hands-out, farming, tough, free and independent and off the grid.

Jeanne Mayell, Kim K., Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

OK, Zoron agrees. i was debating this myself, in a private email I sent to Jeanne. The actual awesome Lincoln promise, in 1868, of "30 acres and a mule", made to the newly emancipated blacks,  was never fulfilled. I think the Black community should start a campaign: "Where is our mule, and the 30 acres?"  They call it reparations, for slavery. They are owed it. So are the poor whites, and everyone else who has been marginalised by the evil 1% ruling elite in Amerika. Except it needs to be a digital mule. Small land holdings, with autonomy, self sufficiency, and significant food production, plus digital connection, are the way to go. It might only involve 5% of the American population, but there is enough federal land. It would repopulate rural america, (which is almost empty, compared with 1914) and become a significant element of things.  Discuss?. I am picking stuff up. it could happen. New Black slogan: "Where is my Mule?"

javamyworld, Jeanne Mayell, Lola and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Zoron - it was 40 acres and a mule, and back in the 60s, that WAS a slogan! The director Spike Lee's production company he named "40 Acres and a Mule". The reparations movement has existed for a long time, but the elites do not care. And not just African Americans, also Indigenous People deserve them, since all that land was theirs originally.

Jeanne Mayell, Lola, Marley and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Tee
(@tee)
Topic starter  

Yass!! reparations!!! for working class whites but especially especially blacks and native folks! Try to inject that into current discourse, however, is like putting fuel on fire. The mentioned groups are perceived as lazy freeloaders, second class citizen. Democrats don't have the spine and Republicans don't have the heart to touch this issue... I don't know what has to happen to turn this around but I know it's not going to happen without the compassionately engaged white privileged majority actively supporting it. Still rooting for the phoenix generation! But excuse me now, i'm off to look for that digital mule and those acres...

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Our family practices this attitude...only not 40 acres maybe 1 or 2, and no mule...just chickens! But we have worked all of our lives to live as consciously aware of our Mother Earth and all of her gifts by having a thrifty, hard working, and do-it ourselves' mentality. We have gardens and fruit trees, small flocks of chickens and we share fruit, vegatables and eggs when we can, and support small farmers in co-operative community assisted agriculture programs where you pay for monthly boxes of produces for what you can't grow, we build things ourselves, repair things ourselves and what we don't know how to do , we learn. We get together and made and can applesauce and pears and dry prunes and make fruit leather in a homemade dehydrator. It's all hard work, trust me, but it's so worthwhile. 

All four of our families have wood burning stoves..we are lucky to live in a timber state and we are able to get logs from excavators who have more than they can use in their lives. We have huge piles of logs delivered to our 2.5 acres...a big chunk is a dedicated wetland and partially under water in the winter. My husband, our three children and their partners, borrow a big old heavy duty log sawer and then use our own power saws, and we all help out sawing these gigantic logs into usable firewood. Decades ago, when our 1970s solar panels failed, our furnace failed, and other luxuries were hard to come by, we lived for 5 years with only wood heat. The back rooms were chilly but the living portion of the house was always toasty warm. We live in the first house we ever built in 1979 and while it'd be lovely if it were a log cabin, it's just a regular modest house of the 70's and still live in without remodeling it..and we are home builders now. We just make do! 

When one of children wanted a woodstove put into their 'new to them' home, everyone chipped in and build the hearth for it by pouring a concrete slab in the garage, imbedding it with small river rocks from their creek, and carrying the heavy slab using support suspenders that help carry large windows etc. in themselves. It was a chore, but at the fraction of a cost of having someone else create something for many times the cost. Everything we can do, we do.. or at least we try! We are not live off the land homesteaders by any means..ha!... but we do what we can, with what we have and that's all any of us can do! From the simplest things on!

I look at my children and their  lives, how hard they work, how much they do, then I look at my tiny grandchildren already showing such determination, such intense drives need to learn as quickly as they can, and their 'me do it' attitudes already showing..even our tiniest crawling grand baby and I know you are right Tee!

This generation will be amazing in all ways, but all of us are amazing too...look at where we are now. Here!!

We can start now for ourselves in the very simplest of ways, we can teach our children and our grandchildren and support others. We can do this! And our children and grandchildren are learning in so many ways we aren't even aware of yet!!

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Bee and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lauri-h)

Kim K., BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Lauri,  great article. We all need to encourage each other to be change makers using empathy and a desire to make change for the good of all. Yay!

BlueBelle, Lauri H, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Tee, I totally see this in the young.  I realize there are just so many predictions a person can remember. But in the last two prediction sessions, I saw an empowered, no nonsense youth of today rolling up their sleeves in the future and working on all levels, many with their hands, to make the world that we need. Here's just a sample of visions we've had of the youth: 

Summary of predictions already posted:

• Almost all of us saw a growing population of progressive young people who are already busy carving a path to a better world. They pursue sustainability, farming,  and hard work.  They will show toughness and courage in the years ahead. They are spiritual, not religious. (Jeanne)

• Groups of young people getting involved. (Donna)
  • Television shows expanding in new movements off the grid and in other countries.
  • Young people creative and very  liberal (Jeanne)
  • The young are an incredible people. (Jeanne) 
  • The young people feeling empowered. (Christopher)
  • Rising awareness of animal suffering; many young people becoming Vegans. (Paula)

2019 Latest predictions:

• A lot of young people, and people just deciding to move to a better life. (Jeanne)
  • Lots of healthy, happy children well fed. Green growth. (Beccay)
  • Young people feel strong, robust, beautiful!  Working on the land. (Jeanne)

• The younger people have a whole different reality than we did, completely. (Kathryn)
  • Young people see new ways of doing things, they think bigger. (Kathryn)
  • The youth do not want to play the old corporate game any more. (Jeanne)
  • Many youth are leaving corporate world (Jeanne)
  • Children are growing up kinder. (Ginny)

javamyworld, Kim K., BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lauri-h)

Thanks, it fit so well with the predictions you and others have made about young people and youth in general.  It really lightened my day!  Love this site and all that everyone here contributes!

Jeanne Mayell, Kim K., BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Tee
(@tee)
Topic starter  

I am so so heartbroken about children killing children. These schoolshootings (19 already this year!!!!!) are one of the hardest things to stomach about this country. I want to cry and scream but I have to hide my tears from my children because I can't bear to tell them this violent truth... Children's hearts corrupted by this hatred and violence in the ether, children dying at the hands of other children, all this trauma and pain for the affected families and a government that's in the pockets of the NRA.

I feel very overwhelmed and sad right now. What can we do to stop this madness, it's unbearable??? Tell me guys???

Edit: A little step: here is a link to an non-profit that was born out of the terrible Sandy Hook tragedy, they are doing amazing community work to stop gun violence. I'll be getting more involved with this group...

https://www.sandyhookpromise.org/

and this group looks amazing, too:

https://momsdemandaction.org/

Kim K., BlueBelle, Lola and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminata)
Noble Member Registered

Tee,

I'm heartbroken as well - so very many of us are.  I can vouch for Moms demand action.  They have local chapters that specialize in changing laws at the local level and want to see that trickle up.  Don't forget to contact your representatives in Congress directly by phone.  If they respond to anything from their constituents, this is the action that prompts the most response from them.  

Most of all, spread some love today, and every day.  

Tee, Kim K., Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

All of our society's ugliness is exposed for the world to see.  We are living in a sick, depraved country from the highest office down.  We no longer have a government of the people, by the people and for the people.  Our government has been bought and paid for by the NRA, the oil and gas industries, the pharmaceutical industry, the big banks and the American oligarchs.  Our cowardly elected officials do Nothing to protect our children and our fellow citizens.   I don't want to hear any more holier than thou Republican hypocrites offering their thoughts and prayers.  These are days of reckoning and if we don't demand change, we are complicit. 

Tee, Paul W, Kim K. and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Tragedies like the one that just occurred in Parkland break my heart. These types of things hit too close to home for some of us. I found my voice in the middle of tragedy. I also found that many felt as I did, but there are few who were willing to put themselves on the line to speak up, and to try to do something. Only one or two percent of the victims or survivors actually became an activist. 

I took my young son with me when I went to testify in Washington, as I wanted to teach him that we have what it takes to effect change, even if it is a small change. 

Times are changing. Just on Friday my now adult son and I were having a conversation about how the students of Parkland were speaking to the media in ways we haven't heard before. They weren't just talking about what they experienced and who they lost. They are being advocates. They know that congress has done nothing. They are calling out politicians who take funding from the NRA. This gave both my son and I hope about the future. 

By Saturday there were widespread protests, led in part by the students. By Saturday afternoon the leaders of The Women's March added their voices and have called for a national school walk out on March 14, at 10 am for 17 minutes. The call for this walkout spread on social media, and gained enough traction that it was being reported on by news agencies like the AP. I don't know if it will make a huge difference in what this congress does about gun control, but these are future voters. They are becoming involved in greater numbers than we've ever seen. They see the corporate machine at work in our politics and believe that individuals matter more than entities, and they see who in government is perpetuating this.They are so composed and well informed in such short time after a life altering event. They are spot on.  Most won't be voting this November, but for those in high school now, nearly 3/4 of them will be eligible to vote in the next presidential election. 

They are the future, and they give me hope. 

BlueBelle, Kim K., BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kittycat)
Trusted Member Registered

Such a waste of precious life - the latest of the maddest country in the civilized world who worship guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who are the invisible puppets who pull these strings like a punch and judy show - then the 'we pray for you'.................WHAT...........................WAKE UP..........utterly heartbreaking to see innocents killed for what..................going to school.

Children in the Middle east and Africa wasting away from malnutrition, not enough medical supplies, being kidnapped into the world of the sickest depraved people trade in Myanmar Africa, all war zones......children are disappearing all over the world.

How do people of good will combat this?  If all the schools of the Gun Lobby nutjob's kids were wiped out - would that convince anyone of the 'Grown Ups' something was a bit askew.

Every week gun accidents wipe out children in suburban homes in USA............are their any lights on in the heads of Government and people supposedly in charge.

Hope to see and hear of all states organizing regular marches till the whole of USA is on the move to Sanity and the biggest bonfires of all guns in history  replace the heartbreaking forest fires that mysteriously seem to be coming out of nowhere.

Such a sickness of 'civilized' society is just mind numbing....................Thank goodness the students are mobilizing and demanding change.

Enough is Enough.......am cheering you on...........................Life is Precious..................Must be respected.

Some Amendment from some ancient document..........does anyone realize this is 2018 and time to get with it........time has really moved on from when it was the wild west - and how many went to hell or heaven in the Civil War.

My heart goes out to all the bereaved families yet again............may healing peace eventually come to you.

Laynara and Laynara reacted
ReplyQuote
 Tee
(@tee)
Topic starter  

I feel you! But there is something in the air, I feel we are reaching a breaking point. I think there will be more upheaval, depression, trauma and more gun deaths, but there is only so much a heart can handle! We are searching, fighting for the American soul here!

I listened to these kids pleads and look at their faces, this determination and low tolerance for bullshit!!! I feel so much incorruptible power and anger behind them and I am confident that they will channel this to change the world for the better. They will hold the older generations accountable and they will not forget. They are made of a different fabric than most Americans with their narrow mindedness, bigotry, illiteracy, ignorance and love for violence. The days of reckoning are only beginning. This is a new America emerging, an America that can truly be great not because of its world hegemony, that will be gone soon enough. No, it will be great because we finally will look at, listen to and love each other in all our glory and ugliness.

I feel a momentum of these young people emerging and I'll do anything in my power to help protect them, support them and usher a better vision for the future.

RosieHeart, Anita, Kim K. and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@waterislife)
Eminent Member Registered

The prophecies as told from the 6 nations of the Americas from Lee Brown in 1986, is incredibly potent and relevant in these times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3mzk__aa-o&t=888s  

Tee and Tee reacted
ReplyQuote
 Tee
(@tee)
Topic starter  

Thank you, waterislife, for this link. It's a treasure!

ReplyQuote
Share: