Notifications
Clear all

Nature Being Resilient

(@grace)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi All,

Saw this lovely article and wanted to share. It states the tropical rain forests are benefiting from extra rain:

http://www.goodnewsnetwork.org/long-term-fate-tropical-forests-may-not-dire/

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thank you, Grace! I find it very uplifting as well as balancing to find the good in even challenging events and this article certainly provided this opportunity to see that happening with nature

On a personal note..my husband  and I were doing yardwork yesterday and noticed that some of our plants that we think of as perennials or biennials had failed to come up for 5 or more years, were suddenly exhuberantly up and blooming..bigger and better than ever. And after 2 unusual winters of cold and snow. I told him it was as if the excessiveness triggered a rebalance. Gives me hope for our environment in the decades to come.      

ReplyQuote
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

How wonderful about your perennials, Michele! It does give me hope, too.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Just thought of another amazing process. Every year we drive through the deserts of Central Oregon and right before there are mountainous areas over the pass where there are what once was high altitude stands of evergreens. With climate changes we are having more and more forest fires and to see the dense smoke even weeks later and then the charred skeletons of trees is heart breaking.

But my husband explained to ne that those same trees had been infested by diseases spread by bugs before, so while killed off, they would now have a chance to regrow healthy, stronger new trees.

Makes "draining the swamp" have a positive side after even the saddest, harshest challenges.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I LOVE this.  Okay now I want to list all the good things that have happened in my backyard because of warming.  

We have Carolina Wrens here in New England for the first time ever.  They are adorable little chestnut brown fat little tiny puffs of feather with a white streak across their faces.  They have a mighty loud and beautiful song that pierces the forest.  They nest in our garage on a shelf.  I love them. 

And last winter, my Kale lasted through the whole winter. 

Grace, Michele, Grace and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Very cool! I live in CO, and our benefits include a longer veggie-growing season, more flowers lasting longer, and a longer, more brilliant autumn :)

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Awesome!!! We love our birds!

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Fabulous Grace!!

Grace and Grace reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: