Notifications
Clear all

JZ & Beyonce: Seeds of Matriarchy?

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

In 2014 I had a vision of a coming matriarchal age that would begin in the late 2020's.  The maternal drive to care for each other and the earth would dominate civilization. Along with it and probably because of what we've done to the earth, farming will rise in importance as we seek ways to grow food in a hostile drought- and flood-ridden earth.

The ancient Kali Yuga prophecy, I later learned from Asian, a member of our community, also predicts this coming matriarchal age. Kali Yuga says it begins in the mid to late 2020s and will take 300 years to mature. 

I have also foreseen that while this new way of life emerges in the late 2020's, its seeds are now germinating.  I see in my clients and friends a struggle to forge a new kind of relationship with their partners or potential partners. They don't want sexism, dominance, and fighting anymore, but they don't know what a truly equal relationship looks like, one in which both people prize nurturing and respect for all of life above all else.  Women also need to forge a new relationship with themselves--kinder self talk, more confidence and higher self esteem .  End co-dependency. 

We will need role models.  I look for them in friends, clients, and public figures.  I saw one emerging today in, of all people, Beyonce and JZ. 

Last January, Beyonce performed in the Grammies as a mythic goddess. She was pregnant, large, something ancient.  She resembled an ancient icon. I was riveted.

Then today a young friend texted me some lyrics in  JZ's new album, just released:

"I apologize, often womanize. Took for my child to be born to see through a woman's eyes," JZ admits in the song's first verse. "Took for these natural twins to believe in miracles/Took me too long for this song."    Words, coming from a man who once rapped, "I got 99 problems but a bitch ain't one of them."

I know that many men evolve when their children are born. Nevertheless  I took these lyrics and the Grammy performance as a sign. 

What will  matriarchy look like?  Would it be a time when women would rule and men be subservient? I don't think so.  I think it would be an age where the notions of caring and nurturing will rule above all else - above domination, wars, and personal profit. Women's role as mothers, nurturers, and the doors to life will be held in highest esteem.  The earth will be given the respect it deserves. 

ReplyQuote
 mhb
(@mb)
Prominent Member Registered

One of the other psychics (male) I follow talks about a humbler time coming along with a lot of the other changes that have been discussed.  That could be another way to view matriarchy.  His guides think this is a very good thing.  :)

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

I've always seen celebrities as symbolic of the energies of the current time, whether as our own cultural shadows. (repressed and unacknowledged parts of ourselves) coming to view through our own projections pushing outwards, into awareness and healing....or as harbingers of energies to come.  So, all of the strong female figures now are so important.

Besides Beyonce and JZ,  we also have George and Amal Clooney. George, while highly accomplished as an actor and steward of the earths peoples,has also been a major player. A womanizer who appeared to toss away one beautiful woman after another.  Everyone from pro wrestlers to reality tv stars. Now, he suddenly falls deeply in love and commits to marriage after saying it wasn't for him! And to a  brilliant world-class humanitarian lawyer..a very strong and powerful female figure. And He also commits to having children, something he said he never wanted to have. And Amal also became pregnant with twins.  One girl, one boy and a lot of lovely baby created major life changes...and he is reportedly loving it.

Interesting times to watches the "stars" for signs of things to come.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Michele, true and beautifully stated - the celebrities as reflections of the collective conscience, where we are now and where we are headed. And the twins!  In the Tarot, the lovers card which is an archetype of a marriage is ruled  by Gemini, the twins. So our modern day heros are embodying ancient myths. 

ReplyQuote
(@asian)
Honorable Member Registered

Jeanne, the transition has been occuring for a long time. Probably from start of the industrial society. After industrial evolution west has seen woman getting economic freedom thus securing their rightful place in the society. The process is still ongoing. However, I would not use the matriarchy for the coming society. It is about balance of nature being restored.

Patriarchy/matriarchy tips the scale on one side. For the last 5000 years we had patriarchy. Before that there is evidence that society was matriarchal. 

http://googleweblight.com/i?u=http://www.matriarchiv.info/?page_id%3D34%26lang%3Den&grqid=PoUe0t_U&hl=en-IN

https://googleweblight.com/i?u=https://ericwedwards.wordpress.com/2013/07/07/matriarchy-mother-right-and-vindication-of-the-female-principle-3/&grqid=nR_58Arb&hl=en-IN

That was downward arc. We are now on the upward arc. That's how slowly balance ran out of society. So, we will see balance in both nature and society being returned.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Asian,   I'm so glad you made this point because I was noticing last time I was writing about it that I didn't feel matriarchy was the right word. I agree completely that we aren't headed toward matriarchy in the traditional sense.  We are evolving, not moving in a circle.  I agree with the way you put it -- we are going to restore balance. So is there a word for the new direction?  

I haven't yet read the articles you attached, but look forward to them. 

Grace and Grace reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asian)

The new word for the new direction - I don't have it, restoring the balance is what I have closed to it. But the reason we are taking new direction is returning of dharma in our world.

I however have an idea about coming nature of the coming ages, couples will see themselves as a part of society and later humanity in general. The sense of family will expand to include community in it. The goal of families as a unit won't be surviving in a competitive society, rather everyone will work together and would help each other to accomplish greater societal goals. Relationships will change as well. Though this will take centuries fully develop this. So, in distant future there won't be any gender bias which will impede the progress of our society. This will increase our potential as a society much in greater sense.

Grace and Grace reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

I have been reading about what I believe the evolution into what you are all describing is in Leah Gunning Francis’ book, Ferguson & Faith:  Sparking Leadership & Awakening Community.  The work describes the positive transformation that occurred when clergy of different faith traditions became present to youth protesting the police shooting of Michael Brown in Ferguson, Missouri, who, in turn, gave birth to the Black Lives Matter Movement.  What’s so lovely about the book is its description of what new forms of engagement can look like when distinctly different groups of people come together to serve the greater good by creating a “leaderless” community of presence that is stronger than that offered by traditional leaders and their flocks.  For example, Shaun Jones, assistant pastor of Mt. Zion Church Complex in St. Louis, explains:

The ministry of presence, I think, is something that the church needs to understand.  They may not come to you, but if you go to them, not on your high horse saying, “I offer you this,” but say, “I’m here for you.  I want to get to know you.  What can you offer us?” We, the clergy who met people in the street repented when we met and spent time with our young people.  We apologized for not getting it.  We apologized for the inconsistent presence of the black church in the community before this movement.  We approached them with humility, not with position, not with title.  We came with the idea that we’re not better than you, but we want to learn from you.  Your passion, your commitment, your sacrifice has inspired us …. By no means have we, as a church, tried to own this movement.  We’ve tried to say that we can be a part of this movement, and we have a part to play.  They have a part, but we can work together with them, and so I think the idea of working together and connecting with one another is when I believe churches in St. Louis became active participants in the ministry.  (49-52).

Youth involved in the protests responded to the ministry of presence in similar appreciation such as:  “They show up, and they lend us their bodies and their strength and their prayer, and they let us take actions and push things in the way that we felt it should go.  To me, it showed a shift in consciousness.” (66).

And:  “Once I saw that they were willing to get locked up not just with us but also in our stead, once me and twelve other people were wrongly arrested one night—I’ll always stand that we were wrongly arrested because we were protesting standing on the sidewalk.  We got transferred to St. Ann …. And the next day, the clergy took it upon themselves to negotiate the terms of our release, and it took a lot of work on their part, and that’s when we … started developing personal bonds with the clergy because that was—like, that was a beautiful thing.  It really showed that there were-they were trying to initiate the passing of the torch and the shift in consciousness, so people could get more involved, yet accepting of the fact that our position is just here to support.  And a lot of people don’t really know what support is or looks like, but the clergy demonstrated that by giving us the strength to do what we felt was right.  They didn’t come with any terms of conditions.  They didn’t try to impose what they thought on any of us.  It was sort of like a blind trust you can get energy from.” (69-70).

And:  “Being young, with this generational gap that exists in this movement, being young and black—not upholding respectability politics but just being unapologetic and wanting to be accepted.  Just wanting to just be respected for you existing as you are.”

A female pastor explains: “At this time in history there’s a strong need for a woman’s voice.  There’s strength in a woman’s voice but it’s tinged with compassion and understanding and a desire to move to a place of resolution.  I think women aren’t so entrenched in being right.  I think we’re more entrenched in ending with a right outcome.  We don’t have to be right.  But we want the right outcome.  And we’re very clear about what the outcome is.” (79-80).

As with the later Women’s March on Washington, “one of the questions that has routinely arisen since Michael Brown was killed is ‘Where are the leaders?’ Folks near and far questioned the ‘validity’ of the movement because they didn’t see any ‘leaders.’” (p.79) 

A young adult activist and seminary student explains that the transformation is about dissolving hierarchy to create community:  “I hear from my classmates sometimes.  They’re confused, and they want to know who the leaders are that can answer for us, and the thing, with the growth of coalitions, I think that’s a beautiful thing.  And it’s not to say that there is no leadership.  It just means that we are realizing hierarchy does not work for us.  Kyriarchy is not working for us.  Collaboration is what will work.  The beloved community, where we’re all holding hands and marching together, where we’re linking arms and marching together on the same level—that is what will work, where our reverends are not in our pulpits up high anymore and, if they are, that they’re coming down and climbing down to be with the people.  That is what will work … it’s beautiful that collaboration and cooperation is the norm rather than hierarchy.” (87).

Michele, Grace, Michele and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@asian)

Forgot to add, restoring gender equilibrium in whole planet will take many decades. So, after equilibrium is established, society will work to restore balance.

ReplyQuote
Share: