Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] If you see a hit (prediction made on this site that has come true) please post here

1,838 Posts
136 Users
17795 Likes
154.6 K Views
(@polarberry)
Illustrious Member Registered

Wayne's prediction of "Trump can't reach agreement with his people" may have something to do with some Republicans now balking at supporting his ridiculous emergency border declaration.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
(@polarberry)
Illustrious Member Registered

Also, I thought this was very interesting-under March predictions, Muriel said, "Beware the Ides of March"

Ex-CIA director John Brennan said on TV last night that Mueller might unleash indictments before the 15th to avoid the Ides of March frenzy that the media would seize on.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Polarberry, thank you for these posts.   Wayne's was predicted January 2018 (15 months ago) and Muriel's was predicted in September 2018 (six months ago). 

Two days ago the papers announced that the Senate had enough votes to overturn Trump's emergency declaration so that fits Wayne's prediction.  The Ides of March happen to be the day that the Senate is in session for at the moment. 

For anyone wondering, the Ides of March come on March 15th and refer to the day that Roman senators turned on Caesar and assassinated him.  Shakespeare's Julius Caesar focuses on the event with brilliance.  They turned on Caesar because he had declared himself Emperor and threatened their democracy. 

BlueBelle, CDeanne, mariad and 5 people reacted
(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

Economy nervous. Tax transfer made. Deficit can’t balance. (Jeanne Mayell) Predicted 9/17/18

From Politico: https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/01/trump-deficit-democrats-1198671

American taxpayers have lost $323 billion in tax deductions due to Donald Trump’s GOP tax scam. The new tax law was passed in December of 2017 and went into effect for the 2018 tax year.

CDeanne, Aheartbegins, CDeanne and 1 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Deborah, thank you for this post and for finding the hit. Yikes. 

(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

Cold weather.  (Anon) Predicted 8/20/18
The Polar Vortex
The frigid outbreak, which has already begun in parts of Minnesota and Wisconsin, will be life-threatening and disruptive for tens of millions of people this week. Wind chills on Wednesday morning in parts of Illinois, Wisconsin and Minnesota are likely to approach the minus 50s°F to minus 60s°F. Such conditions can cause frostbite in just minutes, and will likely force the cancellation of schools across the region.

(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

Greenland is losing ice.  A big iceberg is moving south. Could be due to the poles shifting.  (Bright Opal) Predicted 8/20/18

January 22 · 

"Greenland is melting faster than scientists previously thought -- and will likely lead to faster sea level rise -- thanks to the continued, accelerating warming of the Earth's atmosphere, a new study has found"

"We're going to see faster and faster sea level rise for the foreseeable future," Bevis said. "Once you hit that tipping point, the only question is: How severe does it get?"
January 21, 2019 - from Ohio State University

The magnetic “north pole” is moving 40 miles-per-year toward Russia, signaling the beginning of a total pole reversal, scientists warn.

The magnetic north pole is currently shifting at the fastest rate in human history.
Scientists say it might be a sign that Earth’s poles are about to swap places.
<a href=" removed link ">“Throughout most of recorded history, the pole has been positioned at or around Canada’s icy Ellesmere Island, but if it keeps moving at its current rate, it won’t be long before it sits above Russia instead,” MNN reports.

(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

Blustering winds and flights cancelled in Europe. The wind is very strong. Very strong winds affecting all the flights in Europe. (I can hear the wind as I write this) (Paula) Predicted in September 2018.
Flights delayed due to a storm. (Doris) Predicted in September 2018.

Associated PressBERLIN — Jan 8, 2019 8:55 AM ET

<a href=" removed link ">Deadly winter weather blasted Europe for yet another day Tuesday, trapping hundreds of people in Alpine regions, whipping up high winds that caused flight delays and cancellations and raising the risks of more deadly avalanches in the mountains.

Heavy snowfall and strong winds were reported Tuesday over central Scandinavia, hampering efforts to restore electricity that had gone out after a hefty storm swept through northern Europe on Jan. 2.
<a href=" removed link ">In Greece, schools in Athens and many surrounding areas remained closed after snowfall blanketed the capital and temperatures in some parts of the Mediterranean nation plunged well below freezing. Some rural mountain roads were closed.
<a href=" removed link ">Dozens of refugees housed in tents in a camp in northern Greece have protested living conditions as temperatures sunk to minus 20 degrees Celsius (minus 5 degrees Fahrenheit) in some areas. Even many of Greece's islands have seen snowfall.

(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

In a vision I got in 2013, the melting of the Arctic will coincide with greater nor’easter storms for the north eastern U.S., greater in frequency, in speed of genesis, and size.(Jeanne Mayell)

• CNN March 7 2019: Intense bands of snow -- Called a "deadly bomb cyclone--in the Northeast, the second nor'easter in a week. 38 million people affected, 2600 flights canceled. Worst flooding in years. 
  • 15 feet tide in Boston Harbor, only seen twice before in a hundred years (the blizzard of 1978, and January's bomb cyclone storm)  
  • A nor-easter's cold front stretched all the way southward to central Mexico, a distance of more than 2,500 miles.
  • It's not just the East coast--The West coast is getting hit too. Tens of thousands of people in Southern California have evacuated, getting out ahead of a storm that's feared to be bringing flash flooding and possible mudslides. Meanwhile four to six feet of snow is expected in Northern California's mountains.

Jeanne Mayell, CDeanne, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Deborah, Thank you for posting all of this. It's a miracle, really, that you pulled it together for us.  

I live in this region of the country and have been going through it. I forgot about my prediction but I will never forget the dream I had back in 2013 from which the prediction came.  In the dream, I was high above the eastern Atlantic Ocean looking up the Maine and Canada coastline towards the Arctic.  I Saw that all of the ice had melted and people were leading kayaking tours to the North Pole.  But as I watch them, I saw monster cyclones spiraling down from the north eastern Atlantic, and the kayakers and boaters had to quickly go for cover. 

BlueBelle, CDeanne, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

Whales coming to surface more to try to communicate with us. (Michele L.)
Laura Poppic writes in Scientific American: 
New studies show oxygen levels lower in oceans, a trend linked to climate change. 

It is no surprise to scientists that warming oceans are losing oxygen, but the scale of the dip calls for urgent attention, Oschlies says. Oxygen levels in some tropical regions have dropped by a startling 40 percent in the last 50 years, some recent studies reveal. Levels have dropped more subtly elsewhere, with an average loss of 2 percent globally.
From Phys.org:
What has been debated until now is exactly what made the oceans inhospitable to life—the high acidity of the water, metal and sulfide poisoning, a complete lack of oxygen, or simply higher temperatures.

New research from the University of Washington and Stanford University combines models of ocean conditions and animal metabolism with published lab data and paleoceanographic records to show that the Permian mass extinction in the oceans was caused by global warming that left animals unable to breathe. As temperatures rose and the metabolism of marine animals sped up, the warmer waters could not hold enough oxygen for them to survive.
The study is published in the Dec. 7 issue of Science.
From International Business Times:
record-breaking events related to global warming have started becoming “normal.”

A Rutgers-led study in the journal Science today supports this as researchers found that climate change has profound effects already on fisheries across the globe. The study claims that as much as 15 percent to 35 percent decline in fisheries swept the East China Sea and the North Sea. Similarly, ocean warming also contributed to a drop in sustainable catches. From 1930 to 2010, the estimated decline is around 4.1 percent for many species of shellfish and fish.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, CDeanne and 3 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you again, Deborah, for sharing not only the hit but the important information it brings up.

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

I see people in a chair lift at a ski resort or some kind of resort. This will be in the news for some reason. (Jeanne Mayell)        

Wpanews. Teen saves 8 year old skier from falling off a chair lift. 

March 3 at 4:45 PM · 

BlueBelle, Bee, mariad and 5 people reacted
(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

There are wild winds now, but wildflowers are coming. (Bluebelle)

AP News  March 8, 2019     BORREGO SPRINGS — It started with the desert lilies in December. Since then a wave of wildflower blooms has been crescendoing across Southern California’s Anza-Borrego desert in a burst of color so vivid it can be seen from mountain tops thousands of feet above.     Two years after steady rains followed by warm temperatures caused seeds dormant for decades under the desert floor to burst open and produce a spectacular display dubbed the “super bloom,” another winter soaking this year is expected to create possibly an even better show by Mother Nature.     

In super blooms you can get flowers, which in some cases, are thought to be extinct," Richard Minnich, a professor of earth sciences at University of California, told KQED.

Paul W, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

Women are increasingly empowered and are facing off with the tough stuff. (Jeanne Mayell)

UN News March 8 2019

Under the theme “Think Equal, Build Smart, Innovate for Change”, the United Nations hosted its

flagship event celebrating International Women’s Day on Friday to recognize unsung women

from across the world, and encourage innovation to transform lives.

United Nations Observance of International Women's Day: , by UN Photo/Eskinder Debebe

Despite women’s achievements and successes, their voices are still routinely overlooked,

and their opinions ignored, with everyone paying the price for inequality and oppression. 

General Assembly President María Fernanda Espinosa Garcés told the event that she had mixed

feelings about the Day.

On pretty much any measure of development, women are behind, she said.

“Every woman and girl knows that her lived reality is very different to that of her father or brother”

Ms. Espinosa said, adding: These statistics are shocking”.

We are sitting centre-stage and we have absolutely no plans to lower the volume Geraldine

Byrne Nason

Noting that just 11 years remain to reach the Sustainable Development Goals, she spelled out:

“We desperately need to close the gender education gap and get more women into science and

technology”.

The Chair of the UN Commission on the Status of Women, Geraldine Byrne Nason,

recalled the early days of the UN, when “women were few and far between”.

“It took us quite some time for our voices to be heard and for our messages to register”,

she stated, but today “we are sitting centre-stage and we have absolutely no plans to lower the volume”.

BlueBelle, mariad, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Wow Deborah, so many wonderful stories you are finding and posting. Thank you.

When I read the story you posted about the heroic efforts of a teenager to save an 8 year old on the ski lift, I sobbed with happiness. 

Bluebelle's vision is a beautiful metaphor and yes, is literally true as well. And women are dealing with the tough stuff!  Yay.

BlueBelle, mariad, CDeanne and 3 people reacted
(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

The press focusing on the reason people need to flee Central American violence. Compassion for their situation is rising.(Jeanne Mayell)

This is an outstanding article on the worldwide refugee crises, an interactive tale complete with great graphics. Its long, detailed and very informative I have included the link because it’s a bit long for this form.

Council on foreign relations an interactive article published March 9 2019

https://www.cfr.org/interactive/refugee-crisis/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA5Y3kBRDwARIsAEwloL6BVTK_hDN0ypChX_Kuroj2sdnFk5lrId1zPybCZQPKlLoqaa_7YXgaAqJ7EALw_wcB#!/a-system-under-strain

BlueBelle, Bee, mariad and 5 people reacted
(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

thanks, I have been accused in the past of being quite wordy.. I fear it is all true.. Research is my joy, sharing is my passion.

BlueBelle, CDeanne, mariad and 3 people reacted
(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

• Some progress with gun control! (Jeanne Mayell)

NY times Feb 27 2019. WASHINGTON — The House voted on Wednesday to require background checks for all gun purchasers, including those at gun shows and on the internet — the first significant gun control bill to clear the chamber in a quarter of a century.

BlueBelle, Bee, CDeanne and 5 people reacted
(@deborah-carey)
Noble Member Registered

Medical breakthroughs. (Caroline)

I saw this last night on 60 min, and thought of you .. this is great news.

60 minuets 3-10-2019 A cure for Sickle Cell Anemia

"I believe that this looks like a cure. I gotta be careful. But from every angle that I know how to size this up, this looks like a cure."

Jeanne Mayell, Coyote, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
Page 2 / 92
Share: