Notifications
Clear all

Zoron Awakes! - Challenges We Are Facing Over the Long-Term

(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

KB, It's a wonderful response! It shows a connection between us that is very meaningful. I too remember the era of the 60s and 70s.  from the earliest years of civil rights to the women's movement to student activism as I entered college in the   late 60s.  It was all a part of the fabric of my life. All of the huge changes that were beginning then... Vietnam, Berkely, Kent State... my then boyfriend, now husband's college roommates had really low draft numbers, other friends were protesting, burning bras, marching for peace. We all gathered and heard speakers, read student newspapers, kept up with the war. Our fears were intense, our passion for taking the best of Flower Power and raising up from repression and wanting better lives for everyone, not just the elite ...so strong.

It was a challenging time, working multiple jobs to pay for college, never knowing what the next semester much less year would bring. So much like now in so many ways. We had Black Power, Malcolm X, Black Panthers, the Chicano movement on and on. Our generation is already forged by those fires and catalyzed with the knowledge that we can endure and still follow our dreams through social upheaval and change. You have blessed me with this re-membering of some of my own memories and I know,  deep inside, we can make things better...for all of us,  again. Better and better in every way.

diana11, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Does this "new framework" include educational and criminal justice systems designed to lift "this large, polarized underclass" of people of color from the remains of "the fire next time?"  What are we going to do to keep all of our chemical and radioactive waste out of our declining fresh water resources?  Are we going to consider the diversion of flood water into empty aquifers necessary infrastructure?  Are beef cattle going to be a done deal?

MizMargo and MizMargo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Where was my mind ... just want to take a bit of white out to breaking up what was a beautiful missive stream.  Poof!  Sorry.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: