Notifications
Clear all

UK General Election!

stu
(@stu)
Honorable Member Registered
Topic starter  

Hi,

Theresa May has just called a snap UK general election!

Please can anyone give me any predictions on who will win the UK general election on the 8th of June?

Theresa May - Conservative?

Jeremy Corbyn - Labour?

a coalition government of smaller parties?

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

I might be wrong but my gut feeling is that Jeremy Corbyn is actually more popular than they make it out. Media is horrible to him, they keep saying he is very unpopular, unelectable etc. Very interesting what others think. 

ReplyQuote
 stu
(@stu)
Topic starter  

I expect Putin would rather Jeremy Corbyn won this election because he's anti war and would be less likely to use nuclear weapons.

Will Russia hack the UK elections?

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Subject: UK Election.

Outcome. Unknown at this time

Danger: High (RED)

Probability: 100%

Expansion. 

Announced an hour or so ago. This is going to be absolutely critical to the outcome of the UK. The Scottish Nationalists have almost total control of the UK Scotland seats for the London parliament. They will turn the Scottish part of the General election into a public test of the vote for Independence. it will be a Manifesto core issue. Prediction:They will win a majority of Scottish seats. End of UK if that happens, within a year. Much else will follow. Also, UK Labour Party will not win. Will post later, when have done some serious work on this. 

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Zoron thank you! Do you think coalition is possible? 

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Dina, too early to say. But at the moment, unlikely. The Labour Party will have huge internal struggles, as they try to eject the incumbent right wing candidates and replace them with left wing ones. Also there will be the usual dirty tricks, election rigging, etc, that we saw in the last election. This is going to be a disaster, I think. But will domserious work on all this. 

ReplyQuote
 stu
(@stu)
Topic starter  

this could be the shocking event we have been waiting for?

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Thank you very much for your thoughts on this. Goodness, sounds like terrible disaster. Can you see Liberal Democrats recovering after last election defeat? I hope young people turn out and vote tactically this time, but if you predict election rigging then conservatives probably will just grab more power :(

ReplyQuote
 stu
(@stu)
Topic starter  

how will it be rigged?

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Stu, I dont think this is the shocking event though. Globally unless conservatives lose and brexit is stopped I dont think it matters. 

ReplyQuote
 stu
(@stu)
Topic starter  

interesting 2017 predictions here.... this was posted in 2016

The UK sees the election of Jeremy Corbyn over Theresa May shocking the establishment and seeing a left wing turn come in vast parts of Europe.

https://knowitnextpsychicpredictions.wordpress.com/2016/12/21/2017-predictions-from-liam/

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Stu, thank you I will read this.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Update:

Conservatives are going to take the lead, initially. Labour are to weak and disorganized it seems. They strengthen in the campaign, and the result is close, but there will be crucial events in Scotland. The looming problem is the vote in parliament to approve the election. But Labour will vote yes

ReplyQuote
 stu
(@stu)
Topic starter  

yep the polls always narrow closer to the day of the election, Labour have said they support the calling of a general election.

ReplyQuote
 stu
(@stu)
Topic starter  

it looks like this prediction may come true:

May 2017

• A ruckus in the U.K. (Jeanne)

ReplyQuote
 stu
(@stu)
Topic starter  

i've just seen this...

Theresa May will not be taking part in any televised debates ahead of the election, Downing Street confirms.

and I find it very odd. 

either Theresa May is very arrogant or doesn't want to win?

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Subject: UK General Election. 

Probability: 70%

Danger: High. 

Outcome: Uncertain.

Expansion:

The sudden shock UK election is due to some powerful hidden forces and politics central to the Conservative Party in the UK. 

It is the result of power struggles, and the constant questioning of the legitimacy of prime minister May, as she has not fought and won an election as Prime Minister, but was internally appointed. Other issues are secondary. She is actually fighting for survival, here, and would have been deposed in an internal Coup. At the moment, the momentum is all with the Conservatives. The Labour Party is in internal crisis, split between left and right, and the leader, Corbyn, is subject to a huge anti-left media campaign. There will be an internal struggle inside the party that will make them look bad. Many old former members of the party, from the left, who left after the Right wing Blair gained power, have returned. They are joined by many young members, new to politics, but determined. Expect an astonishing campaign. Corbyn is an excellent campaigner. But he has no visible policies or manifesto. Yet. The Conservatives are well organized, well financed, and have changed the electoral districts and reduced the size of the Parliament, all of which will go heavily against Labour. The result is at the moment, going to be close. But Conservative scandals, will make a difference. The issue of Scotland will haunt this election like a ghost at the feast. The nationalists there will win a great victory, in the Scottish seats for MP's, even better than the last one. They may then confront the UK Government with a strong campaign in the UK parliament, to obtain reforms, but will be sabotaged. I see the whole block of Scottish MP's walking out of Parliament in protest, and meeting separately. Independence for Scotland, is now inevitable. The events of 2017 will make it so, late  next year. The present UK is breaking up. This election is the catalyst. Northern Ireland faces a very bleak future, after BREXIT, with a hard border with the South, imposed by the EU, and social, political, and economic isolation. Conditions there will sink very low. The present peace agreement and process, will be seen to fail, and the present local Government is effectively over, with the refusal of the Nationalist community to take part in the Assembly, due to racial and social discrimination against the Nationalist Community. Eventually, the North will be forced, in several years time, to reunit with the South, as it will be bankrupt and abandoned. In Wales, there will be renewed efforts by the Nationalists to follow the Scottish route, and they will succeed, gaining more seats in this election. UK is effectively over, within a decade, and all of this, is due to the present election and its effects, coupled to BREXIT. The remnant state of the lost British Empire is committing suicide. 

The actual electoral outcome is too early to call. At this stage, events have to solidify. My hunch, at this stage, is a very very narrow Labour win, and a coalition Government with nationalist and small party support. It will be very weak. But we will not know, for a month what will happen, from now. Will post updates, as and when things are scanned.  

ReplyQuote
 stu
(@stu)
Topic starter  

yesterday you said the labour party would not win?

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Zoron, thank you very much. Apparently Greens are calling for talks with Liberal Democrats and Labour to form anti conservative alliance, so you might be right about the coalition. Everything a bit wobbly right now.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)

Hi Stu,

Please read my post. If Labour win, it will be by a very narrow margin. At the moment, it is too close to call, and the outcome unclear, but expect the situation to develop. I fear the worst. The whole situation is very fluid, but not at all hopeful. It is only 24 hours from the kick off of the election being announced. It is going to look clearer in a few days. 

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 4
Share: