Clear all

Russian Virology lab explosion

12 Posts
7 Users
46 Likes
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

This story was posted on the prediction page but I thought it deserved a post here because it could become a big story,.  

A gas explosion has sparked a fire at a Russian lab called Vector that houses viruses ranging from smallpox to Ebola, authorities have said.

Russian authorities insisted that the room where the explosion occurred was holding no biohazardous substances and that no structural damage occurred. It did blow out the building's glass  windows however.

The only other place on earth that has the live Smallpox virus is the CDC.

My first thoughts.

1.  Again?  What the heck is going on in Russia right now?  First the nuculer accident and now this.

2.  Russia says everything is fine which means absolutely nothing.  As I pondered this thought,  it dawned on me that the U.S. is now as trustworthy as Russia .  This thought sucks. (When the US  said Iran bombed Saudi oil fields with drones my first thought was that no country will believe us without doing their own investigation first.)  

3.  Everything mentioned above could be the plot of a movie thriller. Separate thrillers.  And this all happens in the span of a few weeks.  I can barely keep up with all the things that happen in our own country let alone international news.  Brexit alone could be its own movie .  Oh and the Cat 5 hurricane in the Bahamas which didn't move for 2 days.  

Seriously!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/sep/17/blast-sparks-fire-at-russian-laboratory-housing-smallpox-virus

LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I agree that it means nothing that the Russians say they have contained the situation. I threw cards asking if the situation was contained.  I got the only card in my deck that has been chewed around the edges by my little dog when she was a puppy. It shows the lab became leaky around the edges, mainly in one spot.  All it will take is for someone who is unprotected to carry the virus out, or an animal who can be a vector, like a bird or mouse,. Or an insect.

My cards say the small pox virus they have there is weak or perhaps it means that the leakage is weak, at least for now.   I see an image of a vulnerable woman with a child. Babies and elderly are most likely to contact disease.  There will also be secrecy surrounding any cases that emerge, so by the time anything spreads, it could take decades and will be hard to trace back to the leaky lab.   I ask if this will set off a global pandemic. I do not get a clear answer except to see a rising powerful woman figure, which makes me hopeful.  She is probably a symbol of a woman's movement that will stop bio weapons testing altogether at some point. 

I'm optimistic that it will be okay.

Lilinoe and Lilinoe reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

I saw something else in regards to that. That is one of the things I lost while transcribing my voice reccording into the document.   I think mentioned in the forum somewhere, somehow. There is a big sinkhole in central northern Russia (Siberia), man made, it is getting bigger and more dangerous. I then saw Arctic seas pouring into Russia going further south. When I say pouring, imagine a pitcher pouring water into a bowl. The water is spreading throughout Russia: south, then east but it wont be talked about much. When it goes west we will know about it. I just had a look at the explosion you are referring to, it seems to be located in Siberia.

The bubonic plague has not been eradicated from the world but it is treatable with antibiotics.  We are getting better with ebola, but it is still a threat.  But small pox, anthrax, etc?  Didn't they stop giving that vaccine in the western world in the late 60s for small pox?

As I was writing this post, this came to me:  "But there were other viruses there, bacteria and viruses from the permafrost we haven't been exposed to.  The research on that was not only humanitarian but also weaponized.  That is the water pouring from the arctic sea"

Fun! {blue}:suspicious:  

{blue}:serious: {blue}:suspicious:  

ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

One thing I forgot to mentioned is Putin.  For a while, I've felt him stressed out, he doesn't know what to do.  I feel he is in danger, his  life or his position as leader of Russia.  The people and the oligarchy is losing confidence and patience with him.  I keep feeling something will happen in April.  I'm not certain of what year.  It could be 2020 or 2021...

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@bright-opal

An aside to your important posts:  Are those the modicums I just bought for the forum?  I had thought they were going to show up with the "like" button so we could make a range of faces rather than just "like".  Back to the drawing board on that. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@bright-opal Your intuitions about Putin  are already proving correct. Masha Gessen, the prize wining Russian journalist who probably knows the man more than almost any other journalist, wrote in the New Yorker that this summer of escalating brutality against protesters  comes from his escalating fears of downfall. 

Sophie, LalaBella, Sophie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Blue
(@blue)
Honorable Member Registered

I saw the story about this explosion today too, and the first thing I thought was, how can we trust the Russians that it is really contained? There have been enough incidents in history to know that governments cover stuff up. Maybe I'm just being too cynical...I really hope so!!:(

TriciaCT, Sophie, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

@blue

The Russian Gov't doesn't exactly have a stellar track record on these things.  And now this is explosion #3 (the deep dive sub, the nuclear powered missile engine, and the virology lab).  The American Gov't is becoming much more like the Russian gov't (if the current administration has its way, it will duplicate it, lock step), the war in Iraq was a big step in that direction, and now "we" seem to believe that we need to blame Iran for all of Saudi Arabia's woes.

Ugh.

ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

I echo Bright Opals prediction. I've seen in meditation consistently over the last 2 years that Putin would be removed before 2025. My last impression gave me the year 2022 very clearly. It's always the same - someone close to him does him in. 

TriciaCT, Dina, Sophie and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Silver lining: bacteria and viruses can't survive a fire or explosion, nor extreme temperatures either way, so I wouldn't worry too much about containment. Small pox is not airborne anyway. Measles is way more contagious (scientists refer to measles as "exquisitely contagious").

More concerning: the explosion was a diversionary tactic so some whatever could be smuggled out when everyone's eyes are focused elsewhere. This could mean development of bio-weapons.

Re small pox: In the western world, children and people traveling to or from certain countries got that vaccine up until about 1980. Since the first Gulf War only military members get it. I think in the mid 1980s is when it was declared "eradicated". I remember at the time worrying about the samples kept at our CDC and in Russia, but I knew from readings I did that these viruses all exist somewhere in the environment, and so best to keep a couple of samples handy just in case you have to ramp up vaccine manufacture.

Re Putin:  I agree with what Natalie and others have said, I too think it will be a sudden end/not natural causes from someone close, BUT I also think that whomever takes Putin out will do the very Russian thing of taking his place and being even worse.

TriciaCT, Sophie, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

@jeanne-mayell

The moticons are the ones I found here so you must have bought them...  I like them

ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

Laura it would make historical sense that Putin's replacement will be worse or just as bad. But I don't see that - I keep trying to see what's going to happen and I never get that. I could be 100% wrong but consistently I get a sort of thaw coming - similar to what happened when Stalin died - and after that a more peaceful rebuilding process. 

TriciaCT, LalaBella, mariad and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: