Notifications
Clear all

The Covid-19 Pandemic  

Page 9 / 58
  RSS

(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
02/23/2020 8:57 am  

@earthmuffin's referral to the British health professional John Campbell is a good one.  Time for everyone to get educated on how  to protect yourself and your family during this epidemic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkdPFCStA38

(@earthmuffin)

thebeast, RosieHeart, Michele and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Registered
02/23/2020 2:11 pm  

The coronavirus may have leaked from a lab according to a recent article in the Washington Post.

The evidence points to SARS-CoV-2 research being carried out at the Wuhan Institute of Virology. The virus may have been carried out of the lab by an infected worker or crossed over into humans when they unknowingly dined on a lab animal.

Whatever the vector, Beijing authorities are now clearly scrambling to correct the serious problems with the way their labs handle deadly pathogens.

https://nypost.com/2020/02/22/dont-buy-chinas-story-the-coronavirus-may-have-leaked-from-a-lab/

deetoo and Lenor liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
02/23/2020 3:03 pm  

@michele-b. I hope the possibility that COVID 19 was created in a bio lab experimenting with bio weapons  is wrong.  The NY Post is only claiming that there is some suspicious circumstantial evidence of it. But if it is from a bio lab, then we could have a more lethal pathogen.  There is evidence that the lyme pathogen was created in a bio lab off the coast of Lymes, Connecticut in a leaky Department of Defense lab.  

Lenor, Unk p and Michele liked
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Registered
02/23/2020 3:09 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

Good to know. It seemed possible but Washington Post etc. I know that conspiracy theories sell newspapers,  magazines, and books. 

If it is a bio-leak we have even bigger problems than this. Goodness knows a lot goes on and things happen in our own labs in the U.S. 

I did hear the theory about Lyme Disease. After the last few years I don't trust any government disclaimers to the contrary of anything anymore.

But a lot of interesting visits to Wuhan and a lot of panicking and segregation of Chinese citizens of all kinds 

May be tricky as things heat up for us to tell fact from fiction. Scary times.

Amazon has already had to super clamp down on products claiming to prevent the virus.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Registered
02/23/2020 3:47 pm  

And of course, as expected "Breaking News" in the media will hype up our concerns.

This just came in on my cnn newfeed as breaking news. However read this to the end and the whole story at my link-up.

One British man linked to at least 9 coronavirus cases has fully recovered - CNN
https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/europe/steve-walsh-uk-coronavirus-patient-intl-gbr/index.html

Concerns about his being a "super spreader" are unfounded. Nevertheless, it does show just how easily it can spread. As the article affirms:

"As fears over the transmission of coronavirus grow, WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said on Monday: "In recent days, we have seen some concerning instances of onward transmission from people with no travel history to China, like the cases reported in France yesterday and the United Kingdom today. The detection of this small number of cases could be the spark that becomes a bigger fire. But for now, it's only a spark. Our objective remains containment."

Being informed is important, sharing them is better than letting them fester inside but when news...any news..or any site or any opinion becomes an overwhelming trigger for any of us time to focus on the reality of our own lives, being positive, happy, and cheerful for the love and goodness we do have instead of wasting time bemoaning our challenges!

I'm taking big breaks from all media except music and books etc.and teaching myself to stay off line and only connected with my family and our lives where we all choose to focus on happy pictures of fun we're having cooking, being outside, with kids or grandkids or our beloved pets.

Keeps the happy in and the worries out 💜

Amyv, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
02/23/2020 6:05 pm  

We hear about the virus in South Korea, but what's going on in North Korea?

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
02/23/2020 8:51 pm  

@elaineg  North Korea reports no cases.  Of course they report no cases. 

ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
02/23/2020 9:21 pm  

@jeanne-mayell

I understand that some workers go back and forth between the countries so I don't see how they would be virus free.

thebeast, Lenor and Amy liked
ReplyQuote
(@saokymo)
Registered
02/23/2020 9:35 pm  

I’ve been closely following various subreddits about the virus since it first emerged in the public consciousness back in January. I recall seeing a couple threads about North Korea (5 confirmed deaths, followed by an immediate quarantine lockdown of the capital & media blackout) that were quickly scrubbed for not being verifiable. We very likely won’t have a clear picture of anything happening in North Korea for some time, if ever.

Lenor liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
02/23/2020 9:40 pm  

@elaineg According to 38North.org, an organization that analyzes North Korea, it's probable they are having an epidemic there, although can't be proven. They share a large border with China and there is a lot of back and forth traffic. 

Also they are doing a lot of education about hygiene around the country, which could be a sign that there's an epidemic there.  They also have a poor public health system, so afflicted people may not be getting the treatment needed and also with no public health system, it may be easier to hide the epidemic. 

"In addition to the control measures, there is also a notable breadth and volume of reporting in North Korea’s domestic media about COVID-19. Rodong Sinmun, the Workers’ Party paper aimed at a domestic audience, has carried regular (and surprisingly detailed) briefs on coordination of “anti-epidemic” efforts in different provinces, including the mobilization of volunteers and “medical workers” to travel to factories and farms to educate people about the disease and preventive measures as well as other information campaigns through loudspeakers and electronic displays. The outlet has also emphasized the need to practice responsible “hygiene,” including wearing masks. There is an air of accountability that appears novel to the current situation." -- 38North.org

thebeast, Lenor, deetoo and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Registered
02/23/2020 11:09 pm  

I dreamed about a week or two ago that I was running with a man in a city and I saw myself as if in a movie.  I looked like an actress, very pretty with dark hair.  I was running and sometimes hiding and I saw a man a short distance from me running also...he was thin with curly brown hair and pale.  I think he had on a backpack. We ran towards a group of people, just a small group which saw us and then they ran from us in fear.  I looked at the man and part of his face was starting to look the way the zombies do in the movies.  I suddenly knew that I and the other man had the coronavirus and the group of people knew this and ran from us in horror.  I was healthy looking in this dream, but I was scared, and upset that the people were so scared of me.  Zombies in my dreams have in the past symbolized the spread of viral infection.  In the past it was zombies I dreamed of before a bad influenza season that happened in the winter of 2017-2018.  At some point in those series of dreams the voice of Spirit told me, "the viruses are coming".

I woke up and was lying in bed thinking about the dream.  I realized in the dream I represented those people who are asymptomatic carriers of the coronavirus.  The man was a person showing symptoms but not bad enough to even be very sick or hospitalized.  The people seemed terrified simply by our presence but we felt alone and scared too.

I think that the dream means that since there are asymptomatic and also mildly sick carriers of the coronavirus it will spread.  It will be hard to control...also it may mean that the fear reaction to the coronavirus will be excessive and not taking into account that it is only deadly for a small percent of people.  Of course, any premature death due to the coronavirus makes it a huge concern to all of us.  However I think like many viruses the problem is we can't catch every person with the virus and quarantine them effectively.  Already there is evidence that the 14 day quarantine is not enough time to be sure a person is not infected.  I was lying in bed and thinking that the woman reminded me of Lois Lane (which sounded silly to me at the time).  Lois Lane could mean that in this case reporting of the coronavirus spread will cause more fear than it should.  The man's backpack could represent people who travel as tourists and students spreading the virus. 

Viral infections are a natural part of the ecosystem.  They take advantage of our behaviors to spread.  I feel like Spirit doesn't want us to fear them, only to take notice and change our behaviors as necessary to decrease our exposure and increase our immunity.  It may be a wake up call to get countries to work together to try and eradicate the threat.  It could prepare us for a worse viral threat in the future.

FEBbby23, seaturtle26, Marley and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Registered
02/24/2020 1:35 am  

@jeanne-mayell

THia is absolutely fascinating Jeanne!  Thank you for sharing.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Registered
02/24/2020 2:30 am  

@starpath

I am really impressed with your analysis or your dream.  Thanks for sharing.

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Starpath and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@starpath)
Registered
02/24/2020 9:53 am  

Thanks Lovendures!  I usually have to ruminate a few days to a week or so to get the dream meaning and most of the time it is obvious to me that I got some help figuring out the dream from Spirit in some way or another.  I was never going to figure out the zombie dreams until I heard the voice say "the viruses are coming" and that was a huge help.  They seemed to know when to help and how much to help me.  They are amazing spirit guides and I am thankful to them.  Sometimes I think I got the meaning right but later on I get a better perspective and realize that there are layers of meanings to everything Spirit shows or tells us--there is a simple meaning and a deeper meaning.  Often the deeper meanings are lost to me but sometimes I will get that too and that shows me how complex Spiritual messages are in dreams.

FEBbby23 liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
02/24/2020 5:56 pm  

Hi Community.  There have been some glitches in this thread so I have deleted the posts of anyone whose posts were awaiting moderation because that might have been related to the problem. Others please let me know if the thread is back and working.  If anyone is new, and thus posts will be awaiting moderation, please keep them brief until we figure out what happened.  Thanks! 

Michele liked
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Registered
02/24/2020 6:26 pm  

Thread is back and working for me! Thanks, @jeanne-mayell 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
02/24/2020 6:35 pm  

Boosting your immune system:

I took a three months course in Chinese remedies many years ago and one of the biggest remedies is Ginger. When coming down with a virus, home made ginger tea works wonders to boost your immune system.  Buy ginger root at the grocer and grate it into a tea strainer.  Grate a LOT.  Then pour boiling hot water through the strainer into a tea pot.  Steep it and you will have a tea post filled with strong ginger tea.  Try to drink it without sugar.  But if you must sweeten it, then good to use something alkaline, like maple syrup or raw sugar.  Ginger is a natural remedy that works for many ailment to bring your blood to a level of alkalinity that is closer to what the body wants.  

Lemon: Lemon tea made from squeezing lemons into hot water is also helpful this way.  Avoid highly acidic foods and drinks like sugary drinks.  Also avoid ice cream. 

Chicken or vegetable broth is also good.  I drink it all day long with  a lot of squeezed lemon juice when I have a cold.  

Avoid ice cream and junk food and dairy.  

Stay warm too. 

Rest.

Watch t.v. shows that make you laugh - very good for the immune system. 

Avoid the news. Read the comics.  

Kateinpdx, Michele, BlueBelle and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Registered
02/24/2020 7:19 pm  

Some recent economic news from the Corona virus.

United Airlines

United withdrew its full-year 2020 forecast citing the impact of the outbreak and said it was seeing a roughly 100% decline in near-term demand to China. Delta, American and United stocks fell today.

Paramount Pictures has halted production on its anticipated action film “Mission: Impossible VII” starring Tom Cruise in Venice, Italy, as a coronavirus outbreak continues to spread across the country.

Apple, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft and Google-parent Alphabet collectively lost more than $250 billion in value as part of a broader market plunge. The tech companies make up nearly one-fifth of the value of the S&P 500, which itself is down more than 3.6%. 

The average rate on the popular 30-year fixed mortgage hit 3.42% on Friday, according to Mortgage News Daily. This is due to US bond rates tanking due to Coronavirus fears

thebeast and Lenor liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
02/24/2020 7:19 pm  

@jeanne-mayell, I totally agree with your immune system recommendations.  Right now my husband and I both have Influenza A.  Before I got hit with the full flu symptoms, I had time to make chicken bone broth in my crock pot.  I've also been drinking lots of freshly squeezed lemon juice with fresh ginger.  (I don't mind the tart taste, but you could always add honey or stevia to sweeten it up.) 

And yes -- I totally agree that laughter is great for the immune system.

Michele, BlueBelle, Lovendures and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@thelovingdiet)
02/24/2020 7:42 pm  

@jeanne-mayell I think that was my post? Seems like it is best to not post any links? So sorry if it caused an issue! Is it okay if I share the supplements I am keeping on hand with no links at all? 

deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 58
Share: