Notifications
Clear all

Military activity in the Arctic

(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm getting a feeling for something like guerrilla warfare in the Arctic next year, between August and October. Ships and harbor facilities getting attacked by unconventional means: electronic warfare, sabotage and unexplained explosions.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Maria, very interesting.  Is there any more you got with this? 

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

When I read Maria's comment yesterday , I went whoa! What?

Then I thought of that older post apocalyptic survival movie that had a band of young people taking on the enemy that had destroyed their/our country .

At one point they all wore completely white snow suits ..hmmm..think I once included that scene in a discussion here with Zoron.

I also remembered reading about Finland and Russian history and the army with arctic survival skills..believe it was Finland far surpassing the Russians because of that training .

So, now such training exercises are used far more often!

And in fact, I found this!

Fascinating the things that come up on this site just how much we can remember and learn from. 

Wonder where Maria's will take place and why...

“Currently, the Royal Marines conduct cold weather training in Norway on an annual basis, with around 800 due to deploy in 2019. As part of the new Arctic strategy, the Marines' training will become joint with Norway on a long-term basis and integrated into Norway’s defense plan, providing U.K. troops a unique opportunity to train alongside a key ally,” he said.

ReplyQuote
Share: