Immigration:  

Page 4 / 4
  RSS

(@jessi1978)
Registered
11/12/2019 9:03 am  

@deetoo

I hope that DACA is not taking away from the children and now young adult who were brought here by there parents. They did not have a choice. 

If anyone has Netflix, please watch living undocumented. I have only watched 3 episodes. I love how the attorneys give the law and explain why they can’t just wait in line to get a green card. It explains how long it takes and why that is also no longer possible because of Clinton. This programs follow immigrants of all race not just Hispanics and shows you what is going on in there lives. 

Lenor, TriciaCT and deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
11/12/2019 9:29 am  

@jessi1978, Thanks for the Netflix information.  I can only imagine what these DACA recipients are feeling right now. I'm sending lots of comforting light to them.

Here is some info that breaks down the past and current DACA legal battles:

https://www.nilc.org/issues/daca/daca-litigation-timeline/

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
12/05/2019 4:35 pm  

Propublica just published a video of this tragic death of a 16 year old Guatemalan boy held in a cell at a border facility.  He was diagnosed with the flu and 104 degree temperature and instead of being sent to a hospital which is what should have happened, he was sent to this cold concrete prison cell where he died.

In the middle of the night he tosses about restlessly in his concrete hard "bed" then collapses off the "bed" onto the concrete floor.  He must have been in agony.  There are fans blowing in the room. Another sick child is also sleeping there. No one checked on them for hours, at least that is what the video of his death shows. Then the border patrol lied that they had checked on him when the video evidence shows otherwise. It wasn't until the other sick child awoke and found him collapsed on the floor by the toilet and called the guards that they came in.  

There are four hours of missing tape. One can only wonder about that missing tape. The border guards say they checked on the room every hour.  Such lies.  If they checked on the room, they would have seen him lying there. They say that they found his body.  Another lie.  His body was not found by them but by his roommate. It is all on the video.  

IT IS DISTURBING so don't watch it unless you have the ability to handle it. Please don't hurt yourself that way.  

I had to post it because it needs to go viral.  We can't look the other way when our government daily commits atrocities like this.   I so want to save that child.  The best we can do from here is help Propublica spread this video around. 

Dina, Lenor, Lilinoe and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynnventura)
Registered
12/05/2019 7:31 pm  

I hope when this is all over, this terrible time in our country, that the people who committed these crimes against humanity are held accountable. I don't feel they will, but I hope I'm wrong. 

TriciaCT, Lenor, Lilinoe and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Registered
12/06/2019 7:33 am  

Thank you for sharing this, Jeanne. As painful as it is to apprehend, I agree that we should not look away. 

If you can write to your senators and representatives, please demand they take action. Mine are hopeless at present, but seeing this motivates me to do campaign work for progressive candidates--something that will not be easy for me, but I can't just stand by. North Carolina congressional districts have been re-drawn (though still gerrymandered in some places) and we now have a chance to defeat Mark Meadows, one of the flunkies who supports these horrific policies. 

Lilinoe and Lenor liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Admin
12/06/2019 8:25 am  

@herondreams

Thank you dear friend for your words and suggestions.   I keep thinking of how as a teen I learned about the holocaust, and one of the big questions was how could  the German citizens sit back and do nothing while it was going on?  The Holocaust is of course much worse, but the treatment of these poor people is sub human. We also learned with shame about the Japanese internment.  It seers in our history of shame.  This treatment of immigrants who are fleeing violence is worse than the Japanese internment.

Now I understand how it's possible to sit back and ignore this horror.  We are all reeling from Donald Trump's daily drama so we try not to think about what is happening with these children and parents.  It's just too much for people.  It is mostly hidden from us and we willingly acquiesce. Well, Propublica won't sit back. Nor should we. 

I put it on my FB page and noticed a stark difference between my posts and my "friends" who want to spread joy and fun in their posts.  They use FB to show their family gatherings and trips.  I understand. I love their posts.  Many probably unfollow me. I don't care.

FB is the biggest media giant in the world.  It is fastest way to spread a story.  I will also call my wonderful congresspeople. 

Lilinoe, TriciaCT, Lenor and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Registered
12/06/2019 10:28 am  

@jeanne-mayell

This story was in the network world news on ABC last night too - they showed the entire video!

ReplyQuote
(@jessi1978)
Registered
12/06/2019 2:38 pm  

@triciact

It’s all over the news channels and FB. I can’t watch the video it’s too hard. I have boys and I can see my 14yr as him. What I can’t understand is how Malaria gets all mad about her son names being mentioned as an example but not a kid dying or the kids in cages. 

Unk p, Lenor and Lilinoe liked
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Registered
12/06/2019 3:34 pm  

we all need to contact The Hague and demand something be done.

1575664458-the-hague.jpg

Unk p and Jessi1978 liked
ReplyQuote
(@lenor)
Registered
12/06/2019 3:49 pm  

@jessi1978

You have to realize that the t***** gang believe they are better than everyone else. They believe they are special, therefore deserve special treatment.  And we are indoctrinated to believe that the money dictates a person’s value.  Anyone who is poor, or an immigrant is beneath them and their lives are of no value . The t**** gang  believe they are “royalty”. But people don’t realize that royalty doesn’t exist. It is an illusion created on this planet by the ancients. Whenever I see anything on the news about the British “royals” I laugh to myself  that people still believe that these “royals” are any different than any of us. I have said to others, “You know royalty doesn’t exist” only to have them get all bent out of shape and then defend the “royals.” I believe in God’s Eyes we are all One, and the poorest is just as valued and loved as the rich.  Something many do not understand or believe. 

Jessi1978 and Unk p liked
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4
Share: