Notifications
Clear all

Holy War by the Saudis?

(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

I have long had the feeling that any "WWIII" would actually be a holy war of some kind, brought on by fundamentalist religious thinking combined with powerful theocratic government.

Today I saw that Rick Perry has given the OK for US companies to share nuclear secrets with the Saudis. Right away I thought of Kashoggi, and how his murder is linked to this.

I believe that if the Saudis develop nuclear weapons, they will use them to conquer the rest of the world and establish their long-desired caliphate. Perhaps more so now that ISIS is being vanquished from Syria.

They want to destroy Israel. Add to that the fundamentalist Christian notion of Armageddon/Apocalypse in which Israel gets destroyed in order to bring their messiah back, and I see potential for humanity-ending warfare.

I've had lifelong nightmares of nuclear devastation, which quieted down for a few years and are now increasing again.  The "villain" in my dreams changes from time to time, but the end result is the same: Earth goes on without most of us.

Anyone else feeling a similar "wave in The Force"?

ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

Laura, That honestly scares me more than anything thin k that there is a possibility i won't see my son grow up and watch everything in this world change. I have had so much hope for my future and his. I try not to let my fears follow me or take over my life, but he thought of thousands maybe millions of us dying makes me terrified.

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: