Notifications
Clear all

Earth Pole Shift

Doc
(@doc)
Reputable Member Registered

Zoron - yes, it is accelerating overall, with wide swings around the mean, yet accelerating nonetheless.

And yet the "face" our planet presents to the sun (regardless of spin pole and magnetic pole shifts) has not changed all that much. Eventually it will if we have a new central mean spin pole axis - right now that doesn't seem to be in the immediate future, although anything can happen.  After all, we're a water planet and simple gravity says we'll see some sort of adjustment due to recent water shifts/levels.

So I do not foresee a "runaway" exponential increase. My intuition doesn't support that, and neither does the science.

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Hi Doc, we are in runaway greenhouse now. The feedback loops on Tundra methane etc, and Arctic seabed methane, are now outpacing the absorbtion and breakdown rates in the atmosphere. The runaway will continue, until a new feedback mechanism kicks in, (none known at the moment) or the methane is exhausted.  There are 2km of permafrost, so this is not going to happen any time soon. We also have the problems of rainforest collapse, which is now inevitable. Because of interlinkage, when the Amazon forest goes, so does the American wheat belt rainfall. There are other feedback and connection loops like this all over the place, and it is undergoing huge change. At the moment I cannot see anyway out, and all the number crunching on the climate change, food production collapse, and population growth are dire. I was involved in a rerun of the old "Limits to growth" club of Rome model, using modern software, and interaction with the remaining original scientists. The original model did not have any climate change in it. W put that in, and it was disastrous. So I am not hopeful. At all. 

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share: