Clear all

Canada's Fate

6 Posts
4 Users
45 Likes
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Posing this question to Bright Opal or anyone else who, like I do, has a special interest in Canada. It came from Alison in the comments section of the World Predictions Page:  

I was wondering if Jeanne or anyone else could help with my question about Canada’s fate? It’s becoming more clear that Canada is becoming more isolated on the world stage. The silence and no support from Canadian allies in regards to China and Saudi Arabia, especially Trump who has done nothing to support Canada. But has in fact, made things worse with his attitude to Canada that it has sent signals to China and Saudi Arabia that Canada stands alone in the world against human rights violations and the world will ignore what they do. I really appreciate any insights.

My first thought is that as Trump fades in 2020, Canada's star will shine. However, we may be headed into world economic problems  in the west, which includes Canada.

Canada's long-term future, however, is very good:   it will become a mecca for people fleeing from  climate change. Land prices will rise. Don't get me wrong, Canada will suffer along with the rest of the planet from climate change, especially from excessive rain. But I feel people will be moving there.  

Anyone else want to weigh in?

Pikake, CDeanne, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

I want to suggest my American friends take the opportunity to watch the speeches that took place today in Canada's parliament.   I know the audience on this web site is decidedly more progressive, so consider this a small easter egg from us to you.

I am not sure when today's house proceedings will appear, but watch the leader speeches. https://www.cpac.ca/en/video-archive/

I think you may see a small beacon of hope in it in terms of North America.

I appreciate our body politic and the notion of "peace, order, and good government" is a bit different than in the US. Still, I would hope the goodwill you may see even as gov and opposition do their parts gives some much needed positive energy.

Happy Easter

PS @Jeanne we get through the rain by calling it "liquid sunshine' :) 

Grace, TriciaCT, lynn and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@jackofhearts. Thanks for thinking of us.  What is your favorite five minute clip to show the person who has too much news in her in-box.  Thanks! 

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jackofhearts)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Hi,

They didn't break the speeches up.  Our PM's speech was good, but I am biased.  Saying that I think the one I want you to see is Elizabeth May, who is the leader of the Green Party.  

Go to the 1 hour 2 and a half minute mark.  

https://www.cpac.ca/en/programs/house-of-commons/episodes/66184259/

Gabrielle, Jeanne Mayell, Gabrielle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@gabrielle)
Active Member Registered

Hi I've been lurking about this site after a reading Jeanne gave me awhile ago.  It was absolutely wonderful.  Still it took a while to have the courage to join and post.  I've been throwing the Witches Tarot for Canada in this time and I have repeatedly got the 9 of Wands, which I interpret as holding our own.  Not sure if other people see anything else.  

Also a big thank you to everyone on this site for their suggestions and kindness - it is absolutely inspiring!

Pikake, FEBbby23, JackofHearts and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@goldstone)
Noble Member Registered

I have a feeling that Canada is one of the few countries that could come out of the pandemic less tatted than most nations in the world. In fact the US will be more worst off after this, due to the huge loss of life.

I'm forseeing that Canada would have it's own border issues with the US in a few years, where there will be a lot of people wanting to move out due to stability and better conditions. Not just climate change, but also social conditions. Some might be willing to do desperate measures just to hop over the line for the sake of a better life. On the upside, they will gain potential talents that will help contribute to Canada, especially intellects.

The US on the other hand will have it's own brain drain crisis in a near future, especially after the high casualty rate with medical professionals. It ranges from the medical personels did not survive this pandemic, giving up their profession and running for the hills instead after a massive burn out from all of this or they simply move out of the US due to seeking greener pastures. Canada happens to be close.

Kathy Healey, Jeanne Mayell, Laynara and 6 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: