Notifications
Clear all

Canada's Conservative Leader

(@kim-k)
Reputable Member Registered
Topic starter  

I am a Liberal, and when I look back the history of the Conservative's such as Harper and Mulroney, they did not do a service to Canada. They both did more harm then good. Andrew Scheer won the leader of Conservative Party, I really don't have a good feeling about him. He kinda reminds me of combination of  Ryan and Kushner, but can not put a finger on it. Does anyone pick up anything on Scheer?

ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

I haven't done a real meditation on him but I still get some sense of him. I feel that he is somewhat marginal, not a big time player, politics is not easy for him. There is some cruelty in him, not a lot, more the cruelty of indifference or a feeling of moral condescension. He is scared, I get that feeling a lot, it keeps coming that he is scared. He is not ready to do this job, he wants to be forceful but isn't really, at least not enough. He has a good idea of what he wants to achieve, but doesn't know how to make it popular with the country. He wants to be liked as much as Trudeau is,  but he is scared that he won't be. His message is off kilter, he doesn't have a clear sense of it himself yet either. The people behind him, those who elected him to the leadership expect him to take a hard line stance, but he can't because it would alienate the rest of the country. He represents a far right insurgency in the government that would like to take control and will try to use smear tactics and even what I keep feeling is criminal methods to undo Trudeau. This far right faction is both scared of Trudeau and passionately hates him, they will sink him with fake scandal or some criminal misdeeds if they can. Andrew Scheer will not want to go along with this, I feel he is more honest, but he is not strong enough to put a stop to what might happen. Trudeau and his people are aware of all this, there is some fear there, but it isn't strong. I think the liberals are taking active steps to protect themselves, behind the scenes. They are keeping close track of what is being said and done on the conservative side, I think they have some moles as well. I also think the conservatives have something on Trudeau, or that Trudeau is worried that they can blackmail him somehow. He is afraid, but the people around him are strong, determined and will take down the conservatives themselves if they try to take him down. This feels like an undercover war being fought behind the scenes. The conservatives won't win. I think the long term winner will be progressives of all stripes, I see a resurgence of support for the greens and NDP and a further sinking of the conservatives, although I think Trudeau will win another majority next election. 

Phew this is me sitting at my office, closing my eyes for moments at a time and focusing my attention. I could be wrong, but this is the feeling I get. 

ReplyQuote
Share: