Brexit deal  

Page 6 / 6
  RSS

(@lovendures)
Registered
08/28/2019 6:13 am  

I am stunned. 

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Boris Johnson is asking the Queen to shut down Parliament for a few weeks ahead of the UK's scheduled departure from the European Union on Oct. 31.  The move is aimed at reducing the amount of time available for rebel lawmakers to pass legislation to block  his government from pushing through an abrupt split from the EU.

The Queen has the constitutional duty of opening and closing Parliament.  I am stunned because I can't imagine the Queen could be placed in the position of basically making a no-deal Brexit happen or not.   Does she even have an option of saying no?

Boris seems to have as big of an ego and Trump.  What a huge power play.  Now a group of MP's have signed a document saying that such a move would be considered an undemocratic outrage. Another group is writing a law which would block  a no-deal Brexit.  

I think we are living in the Upside Down of Stranger Things myself.

ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)
Registered
08/28/2019 7:34 am  
Posted by: @lovendures

I am stunned. 

The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Boris Johnson is asking the Queen to shut down Parliament for a few weeks ahead of the UK's scheduled departure from the European Union on Oct. 31.  The move is aimed at reducing the amount of time available for rebel lawmakers to pass legislation to block  his government from pushing through an abrupt split from the EU.

The Queen has the constitutional duty of opening and closing Parliament.  I am stunned because I can't imagine the Queen could be placed in the position of basically making a no-deal Brexit happen or not.   Does she even have an option of saying no?

Boris seems to have as big of an ego and Trump.  What a huge power play.  Now a group of MP's have signed a document saying that such a move would be considered an undemocratic outrage. Another group is writing a law which would block  a no-deal Brexit.  

I think we are living in the Upside Down of Stranger Things myself.

Hopefully Corbyn can become PM or John McDonnell or something, at least the opposition parties are all talking and will do anything to stop No Deal Brexit. Looks like Corbyn may well be able to topple Johnson and get caretaker Government until an election.

Lovendures, Celticwitch, Dina and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
 PamP
(@pamp)
Registered
08/29/2019 5:31 pm  

FWIW, I had an image of Boris Johnson suddenly engulfed in flames, starting with his pants, while people were laughing, then he was behind bars. Liar, liar, pants on fire! I don't think he'll last too long as PM. 

deetoo, Jeanne Mayell, Lovendures and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)
Registered
08/30/2019 9:24 am  
Posted by: @pamp

FWIW, I had an image of Boris Johnson suddenly engulfed in flames, starting with his pants, while people were laughing, then he was behind bars. Liar, liar, pants on fire! I don't think he'll last too long as PM. 

I so hope you are right!

TriciaCT and Dina liked
ReplyQuote
 Werd
(@werd)
Registered
08/30/2019 4:09 pm  

@pamp

So does the leader of the liberal democrats become pm I don't think Corbyn is a very good choice as pm,he was quite bad at  the eu referendum.

ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)
Registered
09/04/2019 8:36 am  

Oh dear, the Conservatives are trying to act like they are a new Government, trying to take a leaf out of Scott Morrison's book (Australian Prime Minister)

ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)
Registered
09/04/2019 8:53 am  
Posted by: @dcd2510

Oh dear, the Conservatives are trying to act like they are a new Government, trying to take a leaf out of Scott Morrison's book (Australian Prime Minister)

I get a really bad feeling. They are trying to act moderate, they are trying to act like Austerity is over and people will be rewarded. Not happening.

Dina liked
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 6
Share:
Blue
Pear
Black Emo
{blue}:grinning:
{blue}:wink:
{blue}:face:
{blue}:inlove:
{blue}:sweaty: