Notifications
Clear all

Brexit deal

(@winkrainbow)
Estimable Member Registered

I sincerely hope it’s not ‘no deal’, starting to get VERY worried.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

1- Can there be a delay of leaving the EU, like more months or years?

2- How does this go along with what our members have been seeing.  I have been trying to follow this as I have a daughter attending Grad school there however it is a bit confusing.

Dina, BlueBelle, Dina and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 stu
(@stu)
Honorable Member Registered

The UK would need to ask the EU for an extension to Brexit, it would be up to the EU to allow it or not, it might be the EU only allow it with conditions attached such as holding a 2nd referendum. Also an extension causes problems for the EU as there are EU elections coming up in the summer.

An extension would be very unpopular with anyone who voted to leave the EU. There is also a date set it law 29th March 2019 that the UK leaves the EU on this date at 11pm. This law would need amending or repealing. which would require a vote in the house of commons. 

Another other option - the UK could cancel Brexit by revoking article 50, but this can't be used to delay brexit only completely cancel Brexit. Again it would require a vote to be won in the house of commons and would be very unpopular with everyone who voted to leave the EU.

10 weeks to go until the 29th March 2019.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Dina and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)
Reputable Member Registered

Does anybody know anything about how Jeremy Corbyn will do this year or in the future?

ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)
Eminent Member Registered

Totally agree with the above points, plus delaying would only fuel the divide and anger that is out there already.

And if by some chance there is a second ref, would only be fair to offer whatever deal EU put forward or leave with no  deal.

Remaining in EU should not be option on it, that would be only be fair to what the leavers originally voted for.

Sorry to say but remainers can't have it both ways. 

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

I wonder what others see. Praying this disaster just goes away. If there is another referendum the questions should be crush out without a deal or remain. Now people can make informed decision and know very well what it means. If the vote is leave again at least businesses that rely on eu trade can make plans and leave to another country perhaps Ireland. Why would we lose 10 years of hard work just because someone dislikes foreigners. 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)

Sec ref okay, but no remain option that choice was already made in 2016.

It only fair let's be honest, otherwise this division we now have will get worse. 

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

It would be fair if the majority of the referendum was overwhelming not 3%. So many of the people that voted Brexit are gone already and so many young people that didn't have a voice can vote now and it is their future we are talking about. On top of everything leave campaign was based on lies and false promises funded by foreign money. 

Jeanne Mayell, CDeanne, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)

I have to totally disagree, it seems no one is willing to comprimise. 

How would remain voters have felt it remain won, and vested interests where trying to force the UK to leave and calling for a second ref without an option to remain. I personally would fine that very unfair.

Also leavers are labeled racist just because "The TV said so"

I am finding this whole thing very upsetting as they keep calling us far right.

What is worrying is the government are creating that very monster itself. 

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Those are facts weather we like them or not. Farage said if remain wins he will campaign for another referendum. This is how democracy works, people have rights to change the mind, thank God for that. There is reason why we have elections every few years. Listening to brilliant podcast by James O'Brien on LBC, so many people ringing in who didn't have the idea what they really voted for and really regret their choice now, as they understand the implications of this. The only ones standing by their choice are right wing unfortunately and the ones that would benefit financially from it. 

Anyway I hope someone with the abilities can give us some insights of what might happen. 

I remember Zoron predicted crushing out without a deal and eventually Scotland going independent. 

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)

Disagree on some of these points. Yes people can change their mind but you normally have to wait so many years until the next chance. We'll that is how our so called democracy used to work. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I get a feeling surging from the collective to give people another chance to choose without an avalanche of deception influencing their decision. 

I know you disagree UKisland as you have done a thorough job at articulating your position. 

I also see that Brexit is complex as so many are learning. 

But I would be remiss if I didn’t express the  sentiment that wells up from that  collective whenever I think of Brexit, which is that the majority of people don’t want it and feel they hadn’t understood what it meant when they voted for it.

RosieHeart, BlueBelle, Dina and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)

Posted by: Jeanne Mayell

I get a feeling surging from the collective to give people another chance to choose without an avalanche of deception influencing their decision. 

I know you disagree UKisland as you have done a thorough job at articulating your position. 

I also see that Brexit is complex as so many are learning. 

But I would be remiss if I didn’t express the  sentiment that wells up from that  collective whenever I think of Brexit, which is that the majority of people don’t want it and feel they hadn’t understood what it meant when they voted for it.

Do you think the no-confidence vote in the current Conservative Government will succeed or fail?

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)

It will fail

ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)

Okay I propose second ref, but only two options take EU deal or no deal. 

Having a remain option is  not simply not going to work with leavers.

For 17.5 million people to just be discarded to  one side is ridiculous.

Sorry to rant but a lot leavers feel they are having the wool pulled over their eyes. 

ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)

Is that with simple math or is it a vision, or is it just a prediction?

ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)

Prediction, one thing I do agree with is we need Tories out. But doing so now would just cause more chaos.

I vowed never to vote again after all this and I am sticking to that. For me a spoilt vote will be done going forward. 

ReplyQuote
(@dcd2510)

Posted by: UKisland

Prediction, one thing I do agree with is we need Tories out. But doing so now would just cause more chaos.

I vowed never to vote again after all this and I am sticking to that. For me a spoilt vote will be done going forward. 

Apparently the DUP are looking at supporting Labour in the next vote if May doesn't give them what they want.

ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

More people voted for Hilary Clinton, yet Trump unfortunately is a president. Democracy isn't fair always. Old people voting for the future of the young  is plain wrong, because of such serious implications voting age should have been reduced to 16 not 18 as by the time Britain leaves the EU they would have been able to vote, their future has been affected not just for 4 or 5 years but possibly decades. British people living in Europe were denied vote, yet they and their families are directly affected. It amazes me how right wing manage to blame the world for not seeing their point of view when it's  simply wrong. 

ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)

• Democracy is an illusion I firmly believe that now. 

Muriel and Muriel reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 7
Share: