Notifications
Clear all

Brexit deal

(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

I'm seeing increasing chances of Brexit happening with an incomplete deal, that is, one that is so limited that significant disruptions happen beginning on Brexit day, affecting supply of goods. Essentials like food and medicine will be covered, but not other things, leading to massive disruption for many businesses. Scotland and Cornwall will be particularly affected. At this point, the chances are about 1 in 3 but they have been increasing.

Paul W and Paul W reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

I agree. It is going to get very nasty, from day one. 

I have a deep inner feeling that the UK Government actually wants a bare exit, without any links, so as to appease the extreme right of the Tory Party. They simply do not care about the impact on the ordinary people of the UK.

Celticwitch, Dina, Celticwitch and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)
Honorable Member Registered

I somehow still hope the miracle happens and this disaster goes away. I know highly qualified people who left already and planning to leave.

Small family businesses that wont survive outside single market without an equal deal, as most of their customers are from EU. Just sad :( 

ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Dina,

I am getting nasty visions from Scrying.......     post BREXIT, within two years, but probably sooner, the UK is going to be in an uproar. Extreme right wing policies, from the Government, and illegal minority rule, (no parliamentary majority, parliament suspended by constitutional abuse, (as it was for a while in Canada) and near war in Northern Ireland. political disturbances, mass protests, and PrinceCharles arriving in the middle of it as the new King......(protests about that. People chanting: "Who elected you king Charlie"? )

The country will hover on the edge of a state of emergency. There will be regular protests and disturbances. Police will struggle to cope, and the English "Deep state"  will be doing black ops and illegal things to maintain power of the establishment. It will get worse. Several outcomes, none of them good, but some worse than others. 

Paul W, Lola, Paul W and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)
Eminent Member Registered

Zoron, do you see bad job losses as a after effect of this? I think remain or leave voters can all agree this government is making a mess of the whole thing. I have a feeling the deal that we get at the end will be just pointless. How bad are these protests going to get, that is what scares me.

Laynara and Laynara reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Things are looking even trickier now. I see now a definite possibility of a hard Brexit, that is, Brexit with no deal at all.

To clarify, this will be a temporary situation, lasting for a couple of months. Negotiations are in deadlock, so in order to unblock the deadlock I see it's possible that things will be taken down to the wire, letting the deadline pass with no agreement. Then it becomes a matter of how long Britain can endure vs France and other EU countries. In this case, I see the Brits eventually getting their way - but only just, and at a great cost, and nobody, absolutely nobody, will be happy with the resulting mess, including Brexiteers.

Parliament will be in a mess but not suspended. (By the way, constitutional abuses are technically not even possible in Britain because there is no written constitution - whatever happens and is agreed, goes). The prime minister, of course, will resign. I get the impression it isn't May by then, I think it's Gove. The Tories won't call for another general election till the appointed time because they'll know they would lose, so they'll be willing to burn through as many prime minister and cabinets as the public demands.

Ordinary people will find ways to cope. Civil servants in general will be reasonable and willing to bend the rules when it makes sense to help common people. Eventually, things will settle down.

To make things clear, I don't think this is the most likely timeline right now, but it's a possible timeline, and one that it's best to be prepared for. If you live in Britain and have a medical condition, make sure you have plenty of the sort of medical supplies that you need by Brexit day. If you have a garden, this coming winter may be a great time to plant vegetable seeds, because fresh vegetables could be in short supply. If you live in Northern Ireland, make sure you are well prepared for potential power cuts. And if you are a woman that likes to look her best even in the worst of times - remember that cosmetics are always at the bottom of the priority list, so you'd better stockpile. Don't bother with obviously essential items - there's never going to be a shortage of potatoes or pasta - but focus on things that you may need or badly want that are less common.

RosieHeart, Celticwitch, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)

Are we looking at job losses, lorries stuck in Dover etc, or do you think the main stream media are over scare mongering things? 

ReplyQuote
(@celticwitch)
Estimable Member Registered

Yes to job losses and yes to lorries stuck at Dover.  Car manufacturers are already planning to pull Jaguar Landrover out of Britain and build cars in Europe. The borders will be closed, the right wing Tories and UKIP will use Dover as an example of stopping illegal immigrants coming over from Calais. It will be styled in the press as saving Britain.  

The press are putting fear into the UK just now with reports of stock piling and rationing, I'm trying not to read the news and to view what's happening next year.  The visions are all over the place and change from week to week. I feel like Dr Strange in the new Avengers movie where I can see 14 million outcomes! 

I detest the Tories and the damage they've inflicted on us BUT it's just common sense to stockpile food and medicines just now. Either that we could get to March next year and run out of food within days. There's no deal and no guarantee that the EU will agree to one. 

One of my recent visions is that I can't see Theresa May as PM on Brexit Day. I think she'll be gone before Christmas. 

ReplyQuote
(@ukisland)

Could we see big protests? as I keep saying no matter if you voted for brexit or not we can all agree the government are doing a shocking job. 

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I am an American and am closely following this thread  as my daughter will be attending University for a Masters program this coming Fall in England.  It is ironic how she is "trading" one government in crisis for another.  Thank you for providing some ideas of what might be in short supply.

I would assume there would be major protests going on if things are going poorly with Brexit.  I wonder what she can expect to happen on campus regarding protests and lack of supplies?

Thank you for updating this thread.  

As an aside, has anyone thought that perhaps Russia may have or will be involved with how things go with Brexit?  If they want to create upheaval, it seems Brexit would be a great choice.  If Russia is influencing some US politicians, perhaps they are doing something similar in the UK?  This may have been discussed previously, I am not sure but I would expect that they would LOVE to create more chaos on social media and such as March approaches.

Michele and Michele reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

In a hard Brexit, almost certainly there will be protests. In campus there shouldn't be much of an issue, except that students and uni staff may do strikes so she may miss some of her course, but if she wants to stay away from it all, there shouldn't be a problem. Even joining protests should be safe.

In terms of lack of supplies, I see the essentials being cared for even in the worse case scenario, but things that are somewhat less essential could be in short supply. Spare parts for computers and devices, for example.

It's been said that UKIP got some sort of support from Russia, and it fits with their positive attitude towards Russia. But I don't get the impression that Russia wants Brexit to go very badly. Russia want the EU to disintegrate, but that doesn't mean they want complete chaos in Europe. There are a number of trade relationships that they'd like to maintain as they are, and they aren't going to be maintained if things fall into total chaos. It may be tempting to blame Russia for a hard Brexit, but I'm not getting that. The reasons for a possible hard Brexit are certain uncompromising stances in Britain, France, Germany and Ireland, all of them incompatible with each other.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Thank you for this information about what to expect and your thoughts on a Russia connection. It is appreciated.

ReplyQuote
(@jamierose95)
Active Member Registered

After seeing zoron predictions about future of my country it's going to be scary hope things get better i do need hope. 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Zoron is good but he isn’t always right.

ReplyQuote
(@celticwitch)
Estimable Member Registered

There are so many psychics and intuitives having different visions.  One believes that Brexit will excellent for Britain and that it will be a success. Only because the Euro will plummet caused by an Italian banking crisis and Britain will be seen as a safe haven for money.  But he willingly admits he gets predictions wrong.  He predicted the Pope would be kidnapped in 2017.  Didn't happen. 

For me I see visions, but I'm at the mercy of others free will. They may do the exact opposite of what I've predicted. 

On another note people here seem oblivious that Brexit is going to happen next year.  People have been telling that they're already wanting to book their 2 weeks summer holiday in Spain for next year!  There's no talk of visa's or valid passports, just to book the holiday as if they will still move freely in Europe!? No one is talking about Brexit apart from the press,  there is no panic, no worries.   So much is off just now. 

Jeanne Mayell, Paul W, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Celticwitch, I don't think that Brexit affects the visa-free movement to EU countries. That comes from agreements that pre-date joining the EU. Even a hard Brexit, that I still see as a low likelihood possibility, wouldn't change that. I still feel an incomplete agreement is more likely - a deal that is so bare-bones that it leaves plenty of stuff out and still causes a lot of disruption.

ReplyQuote
 Blue
(@blue)

I did a reading on the 9th regarding the effect on the UK economy, which I'd like to share . I used the Zen Osho deck with a celtic cross. The question posed was 'What will be the state of the UK Economy in the 5 years after the UK leaves the European Union in March 2019'. I'm no Tarot expert but this is a rather consice summary of what I saw:

There will be a a period of tough times where efforts are made to keep the economy together which is 'exhausting' and with frustrating results, or the economy could be in a downturn. There will be a tendency to cling to the past ways of doing business and promoting economic growth (which could be the cause of economic 'exhaustion') rather than looking for new ways which might better serve it.

The UK will be operating from a friendly standpoint and there will be opportunity for friendly economic partnerships, but care needs to be taken regarding deception and manipulation from seemingly friendly economic overtures. There will be fears of not heeding good economic guidance in the country (maybe the government's not listening?).

The outcome is likely to be one of  making of hasty economic unions such as trade deals or partnerships which have no real substance and may be transient, rather than taking a more balanced, thought out approach to making these which would be more beneficial and long lasting.

I found the cards regarding exhaustion, deception and the final outcome the most interesting (and concerning!). I'm happy to post a photo of the spread or give the card names and positions etc. if anyone wants, but I didn't want to take up too much space in this post.

KB, Marley, Celticwitch and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Blue
(@blue)

I just remembered I missed a bit - the crossing/blocking card read that there would be those with wealth (and possibly power) clinging in a very miserly, selfish way to their wealth/resources, looking out for themselves and sticking to themselves, rather than working with the whole in the interest of the economy.

Marley, Celticwitch, Dina and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

Blue, that's a good question. And Jeanne said it would be good if I could have another look at Brexit - I live in the UK, which makes it easier for me to sense its future.

What I'm getting is that the timelines are very complex. The economic future of Britain depends on the economic future of the whole world. Some countries just depend on what happens to a few close partners, but Britain is definitely not one of those countries.

Some people worry whether Brexit will trigger the next recession. It actually goes the other way around. There's a recession coming pretty soon. We saw some tremors in August and the full-blown crisis will be at the beginning of next year, though things will start going downhill before that. The trigger will be Turkey and other emerging markets, and it will cause initially a lot of instability in the EU. In the main timeline I sense, this will make the final negotiations for Brexit rather tricky, and it's the reason it's going to be a fairly hard Brexit (a bare-bones, incomplete deal) but not an entirely hard one (no deal at all).

Initially, there will be a slump after Brexit, mainly because the world economy will be going down, but Brexit will make it ever harder for the UK. It won't be as bad as the worst fears of some people, but pretty bad. People will be clinging to the past, not so much to the old ways of doing things, but simply to old assumptions. Things that always used to be true won't be true any longer, and it will take a little time for people to get their heads around the new realities.

Then a period of chaos, but also decisive action. There are serious problems, but people are taking energetic steps to fix the problems at the same time. The initial plans to do trade deals with other countries will be thrown all over the place by changes in the world geopolitical situation. What will happen instead is a lot of ad hoc agreements, that much later will solidify into proper trade deals.

And then, towards the end of the five years, something like resignation. Everybody realizes that there's a limit to can be practically achieved, and people begin accepting that it doesn't get much better than that.

Jeanne Mayell, Snowbird, KB and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Dina
(@dina)

Thank you very much.  I am closely following this thread.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 7
Share: