Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Warning: Skip this thread at your peril!

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Hi beautiful community.  

Did those words "warning" and "peril" get your attention?  That's because the human brain defaults to the negative. We love dark scary stuff.   But we need to become more positive to push through the chaos we are in right now. 

Humans are programmed to pay more attention to danger than positive news because that ensured the survival of the species.  

However if you want to survive the debacle we are watching unfold now in our world, we need to ramp up the positive thinking.  

Research shows that optimists are far more likely than pessimists to beat the odds. 

This is not new thinking. My old boss, Ed Koch, Mayor of NYC, used to have a golden plaque on his desk that read:

If you think it can't be done, you are right. YOU can't do it. 

But beware of  living in a pink cloud.  When I coached kids soccer, I noticed quickly over confidence going into a match is a huge disadvantage.

Our  optimism must not be the blind kind. We must be awake, and aware of our situation, and we must also believe in the possibility of positive outcomes.

The story about the Thai soccer boys’ rescue is worth reading from start to finish to understand how unlikely they were to survive.  When their head coach first realized the assistant coach and the boys were trapped miles away inside a mountain filled with a labyrinth of narrow passageways, I wonder if he believed they would all die. Any rational person would not have had hope.   But he set in motion a miracle of actions that spanned the globe and brought in thousands of light workers.

It was a perfect storm of miracles and determination.  

And we can do this too. 

Four  years ago I had a  timeline vision while on a meditation retreat.  It showed the onset of chaos in 2017, an economic crash sometime between late 2019 and 2020, and turnaround and recovery not until 2028. I saw that the dark forces that crash our world will give rise to a gathering of light workers who will brings us back to humanity and life. So in the end, it turns around. 

But we need to turn it around sooner if we are to save ourselves from the fate that the Thai boys faced in that dark cave.  Because we need climate action now. 

To turn it around, we need three actions:

(1) We need to understand how dark the perpetrators will go. I can't overstate this enough. They will use every means a crime family would use to win. 

(2) We need to know we will win. Dose yourself with stories of winning against all odds. Saturate your brain with stories from ancient myth, modern accounts, and history so you are both awake to the darkness before us, and see the possibility of winning. 

(3) we need to support each other and those on the front lines now.  

In short, we need to know how dark our adversaries are, and then push through to win.

Would love to hear your thoughts about this. Also:

1. Do you have miracle stories you've seen in the news?
  2. Can you help me go through the positive visions and track which ones have come true? That will help people see how the light is germinating now.

Ms. C., Kim K., CC21 and 13 people reacted
 Tee
(@tee)
Honorable Member Registered

To turn it around, we need three actions:

(1) We need to understand how dark the perpetrators will go. I can't overstate this enough. They will use every means a crime family would use to win. 

(2) We need to know we will win. Dose yourself with stories of winning against all odds. Saturate your brain with stories from ancient myth, modern accounts, and history so you are both awake to the darkness before us, and see the possibility of winning. 

(3) we need to support each other and those on the front lines now.  

In short, we need to know how dark our adversaries are, and then push through to win.

Thank you! Jeanne, that's beyond just positive thinking, that a stance of the light warrior, someone capable of (1) looking clearly at what is going on in all its ugliness. A witness.  (2) Defiant and strong willed while believing in the power of positive change within each individual and the collective. (3) We need to connect and built compassionate communities. Listen, connecting, witnessing, action, resistance, honor and love for life and all sentient beings.

You know what I would like included in this discussion? The importance and discipline of self-care. Something beyond taking a batch and having a glass of wine. I'll start with throwing all screens out of my bedroom (I'll try at least) and find some good book.

Sophie, Kim K., Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
(@rosieheart)
Famed Member Registered

Jeanne, thank you for this, and for so much more.

The rescue of the Thai boys was a miracle in many ways and I'm starting to think that perhaps it happened to show us the way forward.   So many people contributed to that miracle.  In particular, I  think I'm  going to keep the image of the families of the boys who were stuck in the cave in Thailand in my mind for a long time.   When the first two groups of boys were brought out, their parents opted to stay with the other parents whose sons were still in the cave.   When a reporter asked why they didn't want to go to the hospital where their sons had been taken, they explained that they were going to remain with the group until ALL of the boys were safely out in order to support each other.

That's the type of kindness and love that will be needed as we go forward; we must never forget that we are always better and stronger when we  face difficulties by uniting rather than splintering.

Kim K., Jeanne Mayell, CC21 and 11 people reacted
 Lola
(@lola)
Reputable Member Registered

Love this topic, thank you Jeanne! Yes to all of the above. One of the most valuable tools we all have access to is meditation.I do it and have been for many years...

One of the stories coming out about the rescue of those sweet boys and their heroic coach is that they meditated!  A father of one of the boys said that the  soccer coach asked them to meditate. He set a tone for their survival by calming them and I'm sure reassuring them with positive affirmations. "We will get out of here, they will find us, don't worry your families love you..."

I still get teary eyed when I think about all the out pouring of love from around the world for them. The best of humanity on display for the world to see that when  we come together from love anything is possible.

Kim K., Jeanne Mayell, CC21 and 7 people reacted
 CC21
(@cc21)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Jeanne - thank you for posting this! It really resonated with me, for some reason. I think I needed to hear it put this way!

I agree with RosieHeart about thinking that the Thai boys situation happening to show us the way forward. I read the full account you posted and it is just incredible. I had heard about the assistant coach teaching the boys to meditate while in the cave and that really struck me. And then your post reinforced the need to keep positive in these times. I had mentioned on the support thread months ago that my family was taking a mindfulness class together. I have not been practicing it regularly, though. After I read this, I sat and did a session and have a reminder set to start daily mindfulness/meditation (in small chunks, but daily practice!) I have felt very scattered and unfocused about many areas of life of late, so I am hoping that this can help refocus my own mind going forward.

This forum is such a source of light, and I read it regularly. I don't know if I have any intuitive abilities (vague examples in my own life from time to time), but I wanted to just say that the work that you all do, the posts you make and light you all put forth really help to encourage me and probably many others here who don't post much. Keep up the good work and thanks for the nudge to get back to meditation!

P.S. I have been fascinated by and have read stories of survival since I was a child. I love your suggestion of saturating our minds with stories of miracles, winning against all odds, etc. So important to keep that positive focus in the forefront of our thinking.

Kim K., BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

Slipping into fantasy fiction is a nice reprieve for me.  Yesterday I found myself as stuck in the frustrating world created by Robin Hobb as the real one and slipped out again.  While Mercedes Lackey can go way too dark for me, I do enjoy going back to old favorites, like The Last Herald Mage Trilogy and The Heralds of Valdemar, because I like the characters' connections with their companions and use of white light ley lines.   

RunestoneOne, CC21, Kim K. and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you for these supportive responses.  Right after I posted this new topic,  the news came out that the GOP had drafted articles of impeachment for Rosenstein, Mueller's boss.  I slept fitfully last night, waking every hour.  Time to call my congressional delegation on Monday to bolster them. Moveon.org has a list of protest locations.

My spirit guide says to send positive energy to protect Rosenstein and Mueller. Surround them with light.  Protect them and protect the truth.  

We are learning what it means to be a heart warrior.  (1) Stay awake and aware. (2) Take care of yourself.  (3) Take whatever action is right for you.  For me, taking action in this situation would be (1) call my congressional delegation (all democrats) ,  (2)  call some Republican legislators; 3) find a rally and go to it (4) Support others. (5) B-R-E-A-T-H-E. Connect with spirit.  

SDJ, RosieHeart, CC21 and 9 people reacted
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Survivor miracles are all around us.  People can beat the odds that are so seemingly unbeatable.  A friend of mine grew up with alcoholic parents then later was abused by her mother’s boyfriend.  She married young, had children and divorced, raising her children as a single mother.  Against all odds and without the opportunity of education, she became a radio reporter and then a tv news reporter.  She also hosted a talk show on radio.  Among  many notable guests, she interviewed Nelson Mandela and the Dali Llama.   Her children are well educated, successful adults and her granddaughter is entering medical school.  My friend is not just a survivor, she’s a thriver with a big heart.

Lola, Jeanne Mayell, Alice and 7 people reacted
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Jeanne & Everyone -- thanks so much for this! This is a wonderful way to face the current and coming challenges. I think of it as "heart of a monk, soul of a warrior". One of the issues I have in dealing with many of those around me is their refusal or inability to acknowledge true evil, to name it, to act against it as forcefully as one is able. I agree, we cannot underestimate how deep the darkness goes.

One element of the Thai rescue that I'd like to add: SACRIFICE. Sometimes for a miracle to happen, sacrifice happens. I refer to the death of a Thai Navy Seal who died laying groundwork for his fellow rescuers. Despite his death, he was able to complete a component of the mission without which it might have failed. I'm sure he knew the risks, and when I reflect on him, I get that he was okay with giving up his own life so that these young boys could live. I also sense that once he crossed over, he helped out in spiritual ways, whether guiding the diver-rescuers, or perhaps guiding the coach in some way.

Sacrifice is a theme that pops up in a lot of my meditations. This is why I can't shake the feeling that a lot of people are going to die in the next 3-7 years. I know if push came to shove, I'd be okay with dying so that others might live in light and love.

Lastly, I want to share something that literally popped out of my mouth the other night. My husband and I were talking about the most recent developments with Mueller, sHitler, et al. He said something about how there might be a coup at some point, and I immediately, without even thinking, said "But there's already been a coup. Any resistance at this point is not radical or revolutionary, if anything it's counter-revolutionary, and represents efforts to restore what's been lost."

Peace.

Sophie, SDJ, Lola and 11 people reacted
(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

Laura F, thank you for what you said about sacrifice. There is a huge truth there. Our country was founded through the sacrifice of patriots (who had no idea at the time how things would pan out), and continued onward through the generations, and sacrifice of many many more. 

Now is another era of sacrifice. But I do not see it as gloom and doom, rather as choosing to hold up the Light and not falter as the waves of darkness crash against us. WE WERE MADE FOR THIS. 

It is our glory, it is our privilege, it is why we came here.  We will hold each other through this, and our strength will not falter. The Light will shine on, to guide others to safe harbor.

R1

Sophie, LalaBella, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
(@zoron)

I love Cindy’s reminder to Laynara that hope floats, Laura’s call to sacrifice, and Jeanne’s request for prayers for Rosenstein and Mueller and call to action.  (1) We need to understand how dark the perpetrators will go. I find hope in simply trusting that Mueller is building a significant body of evidence, and all of the predictions I’ve read suggest that this body of evidence will be protected and not lost.  Rachel Maddow’s description of the FBI’s investigation of Russian spies, Donald Heathfield and Tracey Foley, and Peter Strzok’s professional participation in it, depicts the same thorough investigative penetration of corruption Mueller is leading.    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpIfLRqz0bg/

This level of penetration is evident in the full text of Mueller’s indictment against 12 Russian spies for the DNC hack.  https://www.vox.com/2018/7/13/17568806/mueller-russia-intelligence-indictment-full-text .  While there’s all this spin going on about Mueller’s timing of this indictment, what I find really interesting is #57 on page 21, where the text describes the hackers’ purchase of hacking infrastructure with laundered money “through a web of transactions structure to capitalize on the perceived anonymity of cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin.”  Then, there’s significant detail about this web of transactions.  I think Mueller’s also sending a message to domestic conspirators that the FBI has the goods on their money laundering through cryptocurrencies. 

(2) We need to know we will win.  I also found hope today in Trey Gowdy’s words. While he may be many things, he also knows his audience, and he said: “Tell us which airport we can pick up the 25 Russians that tried to interfere with the fundamentals of our democracy.”  I may vote blue, but my neck’s red enough to pump up the volume to that tune, too.  And, I’m not alone.  This morning, The Washington Post reported that “doubts about the ongoing tariff battle and about the administration’s agenda on health care, spending and immigration have changed the terrain.  Rather than back the president and Republicans, the Midwest has begun to flirt with candidates who would keep them in check.”  https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/the-midwest-eases-its-trump-swoon-and-flirts-again-with-democratic-candidates/ar-AAA7rm5?ocid=spartanntp

(3) we need to support each other and those on the front lines now.  Light charge!  I decorated the evergreen in front of my house with waves of blinking blue fairy lights in hopes of being the hundredth monkey in my little red hood.

RunestoneOne, RosieHeart, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
(@adora)
Estimable Member Registered

Hi there,

I have not an iota of any psychic abilities, but I did stumble upon your site when all the news out of the US seemed very dark and hopeless.  It calmed and settled me to read your predictions. Although I don't know how to send light, or if I have any to send for that matter, I will think and share positive thoughts about the eventual outcome of this presidency.  I have always been a cup half full person, and it helps to be able believe that this will all be exposed and that the US will come of of this in the end.  I have to admit to having faltered in that belief many times over the past few months.  Your site has helped me regain that positive outlook.

As a Canadian I fear very much the USA of today.  I know all Canadians are extremely concerned, and think many people the world over feel the same.  It's been frankly shocking and staggering to see the US lurch towards an autocracy, with not only civil rights on the line, but the entire democracy.  The hypocrisy of the republicans in office has been petrifying, the blindness and willingness of their base to throw away their country unfathomable. Most of all I worry how much damage the US will do to us while you go through this, and what will be left in the end.

I also am concerned about the rest of the world too, looking at Britain with the Brexit, seeing how those who sold it to the public are all fleeing like rats from a sinking ship, leaving the rest of the country to drown with no thought of taking responsibility for what they created.  France with it's near miss on voting in Le Pen, and all of Europe swinging to not just the right, but the far right. It sometimes feels like Canada is becoming alone in the world, and although we feel incredibly lucky we also are effected by all this worldwide unrest, and are not immune.  Heck, Ontario just elected a populous Ford as premier so it's creeping in here as well.

Regardless I just wanted to come out of lurking mode to Thank You all.  I understand that predictions are just that, and anything can change them. However yours are full of hope and positive outcomes, despite all the darkness you envision as well. 

I will return to lurking mode now - but I'm positive I'm not the only lurker who has found you and who you have helped settle and shown hope to.  I just felt you needed to know that you are not just inspiring to yourselves, but to a great deal of others who stumble upon your site and take heart in what you see.

Thank You all very much for your insights.

Adora

Sophie, Michele, SDJ and 17 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Adora, thank you. You named so well how many of us feel. I broke down and sobbed with grief and with gratitude at how perfectly you got it after reading your post. I hope you will stay with us and post your healing sentiments. There is nothing more healing than a clear expression of the way it is. 

In mid 2016 I had had a vision of our world that would begin in 2017. The very air had vibrated and undulated.  I knew something shocking was coming that would involve the Right wing. I knew it was something that would shock and change us forever.  

And to be fair, you could see it coming building mounting for decades.

Simple example. Back in 2007  A woman I knew who sold real estate for a national corporation was fired when she refused to fake their home sales reports as instructed.  They had instructed their entire workforce of thousands of sales agents to exaggerate the sales figures on their reports so the investors would believe the company was doing well. 

She kept good records and won a settlement against them for firing her but the court records were sealed and the lie continued  unchecked.  

This was the growing state of American businesss.  No matter how or what the criminal activity, I would hear from apologists that “this is just business”.  

The koch brothers run their giant corporation like organized crime, wrote one federal investigator as reported in Jane Mayer’s book Dark Money. 

Now the Koch’s and corporations who are run  by principles of “just business” have taken over the country.  Anything —lying, stealing, killing, torturing and yes treasonous collusion with the king of devils himself Vladimir Putin, is justified if it makes a profit.  

It has been heading to this for decades. It took a big leap forward with Ronald Reagan.  

And because these practices are infused with darkness and do not support life, they are not sustainable.  Life and truth will always push its way through the concrete sidewalks.

I’m not proclaiming that light workers will win because I want to see it this way.  I saw it in clear meditations before I even understood what I was seeing.

The people will demand that Hades the dark god of Hell bring sweet Persephone back to us because her mother Demeter will grieve so hard that the land will dry up and no crops will grow.  

It is no coincidence that Donald Trumps child separation policy sparked outrage and protests in every state this month.  It is no accident that it was the young Persephones who brought down the Alabama judge teen molester Roy Moore.  

Adora thank you again for your words. 

SDJ, Bee, RunestoneOne and 11 people reacted
(@michele-b)

Welcome Adora. It would be lovely if all who came here would leave a comment of introduction and connection as you have.

You never know whose heart you might touch when they needed that kind or supportive word.

Each word, each poster is a gift  needed and appreciated during these intense and conflicted times of change and transition in our world.

LalaBella, RosieHeart, LalaBella and 1 people reacted
(@carrola)
Eminent Member Registered

This is such a lovely website. Thank you so much Jeanne and others. I have dreams, that then come true, sometimes I have a thought. I have always been extremely, overly, devastatingly, sensitive. After the election I had a horrible nightmare. I was on a stage, like in a fancy opera house, (the seats were velvet and there were box seats.) Trump was on stage with a spot light just on him. The audience was in the dark. They were chanting "Lock her up! Lock her up!" and at the same time, black velvet covered inner tubes, like pool inflatable size, the size just enough to slip over your head, but solid, made of Styrofoam covered in black velvet, was being slipped over me as I stood there. Each black velvet tube was making it higher and higher until it was over my head and I couldn't see. Then I woke up. I was so anxious after the election because I felt that hatred had been rewarded. I never thought America would actively chose someone so obviously corrupt and so much like Mussolini? Anyway, after help from my social worker, and returning to medication I had tried to be off of for a bit, I stabilized. But for three days all I could do was lie on my couch feeling dread and anxiety. Now. Each day I take two or three actions. I email, write letters, or call about an issue I've heard on NPR or read about. I have a small list serve on email that I send the action out to each day. I also joined an indivisible group and I will be making calls for close campaigns in Ohio and PA with them as well as trying to register more people to vote and whatever other actions we come up with. I've been attending Marches here in D.C. near where I live. I also have been attending prayer vigils which I believe are much more powerful than we know. As for the Thai rescue I feel like it is an example for humanity. There is nothing impossible for us, if we put aside ego and competition and cooperate and respect each other and focus on the task as being much more important than any one person. We have to allow each person's ability to shine which then allows us  to shine as a group. In contrast, Elon Musk wanted to be noticed maybe even he wanted to be more important than others. He wanted to save the day, alone. Yet, at the same time, he was also using his abilities to try to help. So no one put him down, but they had already come up with a solution. I believe he was hurt but realized his mistake and is sorry for his anger. We can do this as humanity but we have to realize how important it is, the task, so that we're willing to risk all. We have to fight for the health of Mother earth or our species is doomed. We know this but greed and profit are getting the way. Hopefully we will fight like the different countries and people did for the boys in the cave, together for our environment, for our globe. It is possible, that republicans, at least a few of them, could turn around and realize how critical it is to fight for our democracy and maybe even globally we will get help, like the Thai rescue. If we wake up to realize we are all in the cave and need a rescue. I also had the thought, which is negative but it does have a positive side. I am grateful this occurred in Thailand with a Buddhist culture because there was more acceptance, more fatalism instead of finger pointing and blame. There was also the beautiful recognition that the boys are starting over again, like a rebirth, after this experience and a mechanism to heal in Buddhism with ceremony. It will help them all to heal and it's an important example to the world to understand how we can heal from suffering and struggle. I thought it was beautiful that a mother said about the coach who went into the cave with the boys, "We would never blame you." and "We have to help his heart to heal." How different the world would be if we all thought, "We have to help their hearts to heal." This is what love means. The negative thought was that if this had happened in America, especially with wealthy families, the coach's life would have been ruined. There would have been fighting and the rich parents would sue the coach. I know we can do this, it might only come down to one or two republicans whos hearts awaken and open, like John McCain who voted against repealing Obama care, thus we have to keep praying, sending love, sending light, sending goodness to the law makers and write to them and call. Because we can change people's hearts through love. It is the only thing that ever really works.

Sophie, Unk p, Bee and 3 people reacted
(@michele-b)

Carrola, we all need to take extra good care of ourselves during challenging times.

Are you still on your medication? 

(@carrola)
Eminent Member Registered

Yup! Doing much better! Thank you!

Michele, Sophie, Michele and 1 people reacted
Share: