Clear all

Creating a Shift in Conscious Awareness

7 Posts
3 Users
28 Likes
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

I decided to add this topic in as I realized that many of us are carrying on animated discussions..such as the recent entry on Multiverses that are not so much news items as they are even more importantly about a way of changing or shifting our awareness in how we look at ourselves, our world, our universe(s) and how this shift in understanding can have an enormous impact on how we view happenings in our world, in the news, or in our lives.

Knowing that something as shifting our focus from feeling sad, or angry or exhausted, or confused to another state can open us up to exponentially larger possibilities of finding a way to deal with everything from everyday stressors such as being cut off in traffic to something as huge as worrying that our world is about to end.

Creating a mind, body, spirit shift by viewing what is real, what is not, or what is real and important for us and actively focusing on the positive aspect of dealing with emotions whether that might be meditation, yoga, gi'gong, running, being more or less social, going out into nature, gardening, wood-crafting, sewing or quilting, painting or sculpting, even having and loving pets of any kind or playing with your children, grandchildren, nieces or nephews..things that bring us into an altered state of consciousness is incredibly empowering.

If you haven't already visited the topic "Multiverses" by Zoron, ) do check that out read my 9 initial descriptions and Doc's great add-ons to round to the 12 that I also believe in. If you even have a glimmer of belief that we have many ways of living or being, many different lives, or have faith in a greater power of any kind it's so much easier to change your mind and change your life.

The old adage "It's all in your attitude!" may seem too simplistic and Pollyanna-ish, but it can be that simple. Read, learn expression and try doing the things you love.

And please share the things that make you happy, change your mood, or best of all lift your spirits. Because it's all about elevated our energies whether you think of them as spiritual as I do, or vibrational as I do, or part of all that is as I do.

What works for you to create even small shifts in consciousness and how do you deal with really large sometimes overwhelming ones?

Jeanne Mayell, Grace, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

Small shifts are easier: Take a walk. Look at nature. Be in nature. Talk to people I love. Watch funny shows or skits. Do work that I love (in my case, writing). Say something positive to someone. All these help me feel stronger and happier.

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Absolutely beautiful, Grace. Thank you.

ReplyQuote
(@kim-k)
Reputable Member Registered

What helps , is being able to get drop off  at a campsite my children, usually five days and staying in a tent, hiking, and boating, just returning to a simple way of life. Watch the squirrels, birds, and rabbits. In August or September going blueberry and raspberry picking, which is great to be able to do in the city. Just being able to take them off the branches and eating them while filling a small container to bring home. Getting back to nature really helps.

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

Love, love this reminder Kim K. Getting back to nature or even into it for the very first time is so truly deep and meaningful. Berry picking all of it..lovely, lovely lovely. Thank you Kim. You just jetted me to all of our family camping trips with my modern day family and reminded me..deeply of my Alaskan growing up family's wild berry picking. We had wild blackberry like berries call Nagoon berries..orange and tiny sour but wonderful wild blueberries and we got on our family boat and went to another island a half mile by boat away to pick wild strawberries. Those and our Sunday drives all packed in our car as a family to drive the entire 25 miles that only ever existed from Douglas Island where I grew up across the bridge over the Gastineau Channel to Juneau and out the road ..25 miles total. We are land locked by mountains and water so have to boat or fly in. I still go home a lot. Ties are deep. 

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Topic starter  

I love to create through any form of creative expression..writing, drawing, painting, sewing, sculpting..making art of sny kind is not only a mentally transformative experience but can work as a path of activism.

In the latest issue of Brain Pickings there's a wonderful piece quoting Tony Morissette titled:
"A Responsibility to Light: An Illustrated Manifesto for Creative Resilience and the Artist’s Duty in Dark Times".

Editor Msria Popova writes..

“Feel all the things. Feel the hard things. The inexplicable things, the things that make you disavow humanity’s capacity for redemption… Feel afraid. Feel powerless. Feel frozen. And then FOCUS.”

“This is precisely the time when artists go to work,” Toni Morrison wrote in her electrifying case for the artist’s task in troubled times. “There is no time for despair, no place for self-pity, no need for silence, no room for fear. That is how civilizations heal.”

Jeanne Mayell, Grace, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@kim-k)
Reputable Member Registered

I thought some people would be interested in Aboriginal Medium Shawn Leonard. He has free download "Meet your Spirit Guide Meditation"

ReplyQuote
Share: