Clear all

In The Garden

126 Posts
19 Users
1186 Likes
(@stargazer)
Illustrious Member Registered

@pikake

As much as I would have loved, loved to have jumped on a plane at the time, like so many opportunities that presented themselves during that phenomenal era of the '70s and '80s, I had to decline because of big responsibilities elsewhere.

Thank you for the reminder, and I will look up the Bach Flower Remedies again with great interest!

Jeanne Mayell, Pikake, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

@frank

That's ok, I probably deserve to be reported for most of my jokes lol

Did you know flowers love to bake? 

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

@polarberry lol, I'm afraid to answer?

but no I didn't know that...

TriciaCT, polarberry, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

lol, let me try it this way.

Did you know flours love to bake?

Yeah, their favorite brand is Marigold, and they top their cakes with Daisy sour cream.

teriz, TriciaCT, teriz and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

@polarberry I was going to say my worst fears came true, but that would be untrue... that was much worse than anything I was afraid of... ? ? ? ? 

teriz, TriciaCT, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)

LOL My family is thinking of petitioning the new Congress to ban my jokes.

TriciaCT, deetoo, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

This might belong on the 'Uplifting Music' thread, but wanted to share the vid (YouTube)....

One of the best 'In the Garden' takes I've seen, and the tunes aren't bad either ?

Neil Young + Promise of the Real

~ Almost Always (Official Music)

(YT)

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
Topic starter  

@stargazer  Here ya go! https://youtu.be/_YIB0W6z2NA

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Thoughts while in my garden today.

14.  14 trees grace my back yard.  Ficus, ash, pine, sissoo, Chinese elm, tangelo, lemon and a dwarf orange. Most have been rooted there since we first had our home built over 25 years ago.  The youngest is the sissoo, a gift, planted by my gardener in honor of my father who died 16 years ago.  The sissoo brought me comfort in the years after he passed away.  I nicknamed it "dads tree" and frequently find myself having conversations with it.  Sometimes I simply say  " hi dads tree" as I pass by on my way to the side yard fence.  At other times I gaze at it allowing my mind to whisper thoughts of longing for the father I deeply miss.  The spirit of my father gathers there, it must,  for I bring my father there in my mind.  I often tell "dads tree"  how my children fair and how proud he would be of the remarkable individuals they have become.  My father was a protector and the tree reminds me of his protecting spirit.  Sissoo's are not mighty trees, they are more slender with leaves that quiver a bit like an aspen.  Small and lean when first planted, the passage of time has changed my once tiny "dads tree" into a towering presence, its branches now stretch above our 2 story home.   The trunk leans to the right significantly , yet somehow it manages to hold its limbs and branches erect and straight.  

Trees are indeed the great protectors aren't they?  Even in the hot desert sun, they provide much for the sentient beings which roam in our yard.  Birds joyously call to one another from the tree tops throughout the day.  Their songs are strong and calming.  If I listen well, I can even hear the vibrating wings of the humming bird as it zips past my ear on its way to the next tree branch or flower. The birds and jack rabbits love the shade the trees provide and can be seen at the end  of a hot day resting in the shadows cast along the grass.  Our citrus trees provide much too.  Not only do we cook with their bountiful fruit and make fresh lemonade,  the blossoms provide for the bees and scent the springtime air with enticing aromas.

Our trees ground me.  Under their branches is where great joy and peace can be found.  The shade of a pine tree is the perfect spot to play catch with our dog, picnic, read a book, stretch, meditate or have a long phone conversation.  

Today as I strolled through my backyard, I marveled at the "14" and listened for my favorite tree sound.  If the wind is just right, I can hear it rustle through the pine needles and in that moment I can briefly transport myself to the majestic mountains of Colorado, away from the dry parched heat of the desert.  My heart longs for the forest paths of Colorado, to walk among the aspens and pines.  To smell the moss and ferns.  To pick wild berries along the river banks and watch the sunlight as it is filters through the tree top canopy.  

I am ever grateful for this fertile oasis in my back yard which shelters and protects during the mighty desert summer heat and blooms in colorful joy during the mild winters.  But right now, my spirit longs to roam in the Colorado Rocky Mountains and breathe in the wisdom of the forest trees. 

teriz, ghandigirl, Tiger-n-Owl and 25 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@lovendures

When you described your beautiful tree sanctuary, I could just feel the spirits they harbor there, and the love and comfort that you reciprocate ... you are so fortunate to have this sacred space.

The wild forests are a sanctuary also, and we can draw so much strength and healing there. Have you ever heard the tall trees singing? It's eerie and enchanting .. someone told me it was due to the sap rising, but I feel it's their spirits rising.

Thank you for the inspiration of your beautiful place there, and I hope you can get into the big trees this summer my friend ?

TriciaCT, Lovendures, Pikake and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures Thank you.  Such a beautiful sharing, and written like poetry.  

FEBbby23, Stargazer, CC21 and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@share)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures For a moment I had this wonderful sensation that I was transported to your garden and speaking to the trees and flying with the bees.  I also went back to the class notes for our chakra meditation session and it’s so beautiful that many during class traveled with you on this healing journey in your garden.  Thank you;)

Share the love and light 

Stargazer, CC21, TriciaCT and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@share

You know Share, I was inspired by some of the class observations to spend some quiet time in my yard this morning. Summer mornings aren't too hot  yet thankfully.  I believe the chakra cleansing was very helpful.  I am working on putting my thoughts down for what people wrote.  It was amazing to see their insights.  Yes, perhaps they did journey in the garden.  What a beautiful thought.  There sure were a lot of references to trees and roots weren't there?

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, CC21 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@dhyanaji

Thank you, very kind words you have shared.

@stargazer

Yes, they both can be sanctuaries can't they.  I don't believe I have heard of the tall singing trees.  I am now intrigued.  Something new to discover, thank you.  If I can get to the Colorado mountains this summer, I will be sure to let you know.  

@jeanne-mayell

Thank you.  You know, someone last night said I should write ( a book).  Maybe that was the inspiration for writing today.

FEBbby23, Stargazer, CC21 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I planted a garden yesterday with my many potted flowers and plants in a communal space in front of my place. I am hoping it will cheer up my neighbors as much as it cheers me up. 

This is something I have never done before. It felt good to have my hands in the soil. I covered it all with a beautiful layer of potting soil. Looks almost professional. It rained as I worked and I got pretty soaked, everything was so easy to weed in the wetness. Had to finish later when the rain stopped though.

This morning it is bright and beautiful out I am listening to the birds sing and enjoyed looking at my garden first thing today. It's not a mirage! I actually made this garden. Now I begin to understand why people work in the dirt. :)

polarberry, FEBbby23, Stargazer and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
Famed Member Registered

@ghandigirl My garden has been therapy this year. I recently planted a new lily - fairy morning - and this morning it bloomed. Such a perfect addition! Enjoy getting your hands dirty ... it changes your mood, calms your stress, and seeing things grow and thrives feels almost like motherhood.

1592580215-IMG_20200619_094207_100small.jpg

FEBbby23, Stargazer, ghandigirl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@saibh and all

Love the garden stories! We are getting a load of topsoil delivered today to cover that part of our yard where we had ivy removed. Excited to start shaping that space! We are planning a small rain garden with native plants and also have plans to put a fairy garden by the one tree with some dinosaurs, as is the tradition on our street. So fun to go on walks and see what others have put out - we are looking forward to adding to the whimsy. Will keep you posted! 

FEBbby23, Stargazer, Pikake and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@cc21

I would love to see your fairy garden when you are finished.  What a wonderful street you must live on. Whimsy is a perfect word to describe what must be happening in your neighborhood.

@ghandigirl

I sense your excitement and joy over working on a garden. Enjoy it!

@saibh

Your lily -fairy -morning is lovely.  The wonderful things about gardens is that they are continuously changing.  Seed turn into plants, flowers bloom, trees grow taller, seasons end and with them come new beginnings.  Then there are bulbs which if planted in fall stay hidden until spring and burst to life.  There is the learning curve of vegetable gardens, what grows well in that particular sport of the garden ( too much or little shade and soil type).

A funny thing happened to me this week.  For some reason, even though it is still very hot, our strawberry plants are still producing some strawberries.  I had been eyeballing one particular strawberry.   It was large and almost ripe.  Not one nibble from any garden creatures.  It was nearly perfect.  So, one morning I went to the garden to pick it.  It had completely disappeared.  Plucked clean away.  My husband noticed too and he was also surprised.  If it was a bird, part of the strawberry would have remained.  I believe a bunny stole it away.  Those bunnies love our yard and I love watching them enjoy themselves.  While I would have enjoyed the strawberry, I think they enjoyed it more so.  They were waiting for just the right moment to snag it too. They beat me to it.

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Stargazer and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

Posted by: @saibh

@ghandigirl My garden has been therapy this year. I recently planted a new lily - fairy morning - and this morning it bloomed. Such a perfect addition! Enjoy getting your hands dirty ... it changes your mood, calms your stress, and seeing things grow and thrives feels almost like motherhood.

Love, love your beautiful ''fairy morning" Lily! The glowing color must be so much effusive in person I can imagine, saibh ... (now I have 'lily envy' ?

With the Cancer New Moon and the Summer Solstice this weekend, everyone's words are a wonderful description of how and what we can all do to calm our stresses, honor our Mother Earth and nurture ourselves as well ... it's about time for a renewed, positive focus on the regenerating forces of nature... to heal and nurture the body as well as the soul ???

Have a blessed and peaceful Solstice everyone ....?

LOVE YOUR MOTHER... EARTH !

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, CC21 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

We put the fairy garden up! And moved 8 cubic yards of dirt over the weekend - progress! :)

1592953011-FairyGarden.jpg

ghandigirl, Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 6 / 7
Share: