Clear all

In The Garden  

Page 4 / 5
  RSS

(@pikake)
Estimable Member Registered
06/02/2020 9:10 pm  
Posted by: @stargazer

if only everyone could tune into the magic of plants and creation on this sublime level, a world alight could emerge from the fog....

@stargazer You’ll find much comfort and centering from their books. They help us to step out of our skins into remembering that we are part of a much bigger cosmos, of which we can only see 1% with 99% hidden, according to the Kabbalah. One theme always prevails in devic communications - it’s their joy with which they carry out their work, their joy in fulfilling their divine purpose, a sense of joy that has dimmed in many of us because of external chaos. 

Thank you for your lovely words 🌸 🌷🌹. Little Pikake sends back a big yawn & a slow blink.😻

ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
06/03/2020 12:38 am  

My favorite part of the day is first thing in the morning, when I water my little plants ... the herbs and lettuces and spinach in pots, the carrots and radishes and scallions near the patio, make sure the garden beds at the back of the yard look good and bunnies haven't nibbled on things. Then I move on to the flowers that grow around our little fire pit space. It's quiet and brings me peace. It also brings me my little buzzy friends, who zip around me and chatter while I water and deadhead and pull stray weeds. After the long, brutal week we've been having, I wanted to share this moment with you all, as well.

1591159135-IMG_4546.jpg

FEBbby23, Polarberry, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
06/04/2020 5:28 pm  

@stargazer This resource appeared as a synchronicity so I thought to share it here with you & the others. It was sent to me just a few hours after our discussion on Findhorn by a friend in Santa Fe, where I lived for a spell. You’d mentioned feeling fragile and I was wondering if you’d ever used flower essences? 

The first link is to a blog by Molly, the owner of a farm in New Hampshire. New Hope Gardens sells flower essences cultivated in full cooperation with the plant devas and the Overlighting angels & in this piece, Molly offers a guide to the flower essences empaths and light workers & anyone feeling the tornado of energies would need for protection, centering & for evolving. https://blog.greenhopeessences.com/

The 2nd link is about how Green Hope Farms came about & how she started working with the devic kingdom. It’s a deep site with loads of information about what are flower essences & which ones to use. https://www.greenhopeessences.com/about

I hope this is of some help to you and everyone on this forum.

We judge everything as good or evil and forget that resistance, pain and difficulties are there so we can learn when we leave balance.” - Dorothy Maclean

Unk p and Stargazer liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
Reputable Member Registered
06/05/2020 10:48 am  

A man goes into a restaurant and orders a bowl of vegetable soup. The waiter brings it to him, and he starts eating. A few minutes later, he notices that the tablecloth is all wet. He calls the waiter over, shows him the tablecloth, and asks if the bowl has a crack in it. The waiter shrugs and says tells him it's vegetable soup so maybe it has a leek.

Pikake, Unk p, Stargazer and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
06/05/2020 12:53 pm  

@polarberry I almost reported you for that one! 😋 🤣 

ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)
06/05/2020 1:34 pm  

@pikake

Just wow on the synchronicity ... many, many moons ago the founder of the Bach Flower Essences wrote me a lovely hand-written note when I had contacted them on visiting to learn more about the Essences .... 🤗

Thank you for this nice flash, Pikake 💛

Mysterious ways...

Pikake and Unk p liked
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
06/05/2020 2:18 pm  

@stargazer Wow! Did you get to visit? That would have been phenomenal!!!

Stargazer liked
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
06/05/2020 2:26 pm  

@pikake i keep looking at the pic you posted of Findhorn, and the blue orb in the bottom left corner.  My own phone camera always seems to dull the colors, so i  like to mess with the edit functions after i take a picture- adjusting color and light levels. I often get carried away, because i really like color.  But by doing that, sometimes orbs and other effects come more into focus.  Just now i took a picture of my computer screen showing your pic, and then tweaked the levels. The orb showed up very clearly, even w a black and white filter.  It might work even better on your original.

ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
06/05/2020 3:13 pm  

@unk-p Oh wow!! That’s so amazing and you spotted it!!! Did you see it before adjusting color levels? Can you enclose a screenshot of the onscreen showing the blue orb, please? I only have in-phone editing apps but I’m going to give it a shot. What software are you using? And thank you so much for letting me know. 

At risk of jamming up the bandwidth, here’s 1 more:-🧚🏻 

1591384606-863AA22B-FF91-4130-8A10-7C45CC134F77.jpeg

Frank, Laynara, Stargazer and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
06/05/2020 4:08 pm  

@pikake that is beautiful ^.     Yes, i noticed the orb right away- bottom left corner, encircling 4 of the cosmos flowers. I don't have a screenshot, i just did it on my phone.  I only have in-phone picture editing, so that is what i use.

Somewhere i have a pic of my Ma in the garden. It shows a giant multi-color orb that completely encircles her- just like that scene of Glenda the Good Witch when she appears to Dorothy.  If i ever find it, i will post it.

Pikake and Stargazer liked
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)
06/05/2020 4:39 pm  

@pikake

As much as I would have loved, loved to have jumped on a plane at the time, like so many opportunities that presented themselves during that phenomenal era of the '70s and '80s, I had to decline because of big responsibilities elsewhere.

Thank you for the reminder, and I will look up the Bach Flower Remedies again with great interest!

ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
06/12/2020 10:14 am  

@frank

That's ok, I probably deserve to be reported for most of my jokes lol

Did you know flowers love to bake? 

ReplyQuote
(@frank)
06/12/2020 12:54 pm  

@polarberry lol, I'm afraid to answer😀

but no I didn't know that...

ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
06/12/2020 1:46 pm  

lol, let me try it this way.

Did you know flours love to bake?

Yeah, their favorite brand is Marigold, and they top their cakes with Daisy sour cream.

TeriZ and TriciaCT liked
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
06/12/2020 2:16 pm  

@polarberry I was going to say my worst fears came true, but that would be untrue... that was much worse than anything I was afraid of... 😋 🤣 🤣 🤣 

TeriZ, TriciaCT, Unk p and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@polarberry)
06/12/2020 2:39 pm  

LOL My family is thinking of petitioning the new Congress to ban my jokes.

ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)
06/13/2020 12:13 am  

This might belong on the 'Uplifting Music' thread, but wanted to share the vid (YouTube)....

One of the best 'In the Garden' takes I've seen, and the tunes aren't bad either 🌲

Neil Young + Promise of the Real

~ Almost Always (Official Music)

(YT)

ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)
06/13/2020 12:39 am  

@stargazer  Here ya go! https://youtu.be/_YIB0W6z2NA

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
06/16/2020 5:26 pm  

Thoughts while in my garden today.

14.  14 trees grace my back yard.  Ficus, ash, pine, sissoo, Chinese elm, tangelo, lemon and a dwarf orange. Most have been rooted there since we first had our home built over 25 years ago.  The youngest is the sissoo, a gift, planted by my gardener in honor of my father who died 16 years ago.  The sissoo brought me comfort in the years after he passed away.  I nicknamed it "dads tree" and frequently find myself having conversations with it.  Sometimes I simply say  " hi dads tree" as I pass by on my way to the side yard fence.  At other times I gaze at it allowing my mind to whisper thoughts of longing for the father I deeply miss.  The spirit of my father gathers there, it must,  for I bring my father there in my mind.  I often tell "dads tree"  how my children fair and how proud he would be of the remarkable individuals they have become.  My father was a protector and the tree reminds me of his protecting spirit.  Sissoo's are not mighty trees, they are more slender with leaves that quiver a bit like an aspen.  Small and lean when first planted, the passage of time has changed my once tiny "dads tree" into a towering presence, its branches now stretch above our 2 story home.   The trunk leans to the right significantly , yet somehow it manages to hold its limbs and branches erect and straight.  

Trees are indeed the great protectors aren't they?  Even in the hot desert sun, they provide much for the sentient beings which roam in our yard.  Birds joyously call to one another from the tree tops throughout the day.  Their songs are strong and calming.  If I listen well, I can even hear the vibrating wings of the humming bird as it zips past my ear on its way to the next tree branch or flower. The birds and jack rabbits love the shade the trees provide and can be seen at the end  of a hot day resting in the shadows cast along the grass.  Our citrus trees provide much too.  Not only do we cook with their bountiful fruit and make fresh lemonade,  the blossoms provide for the bees and scent the springtime air with enticing aromas.

Our trees ground me.  Under their branches is where great joy and peace can be found.  The shade of a pine tree is the perfect spot to play catch with our dog, picnic, read a book, stretch, meditate or have a long phone conversation.  

Today as I strolled through my backyard, I marveled at the "14" and listened for my favorite tree sound.  If the wind is just right, I can hear it rustle through the pine needles and in that moment I can briefly transport myself to the majestic mountains of Colorado, away from the dry parched heat of the desert.  My heart longs for the forest paths of Colorado, to walk among the aspens and pines.  To smell the moss and ferns.  To pick wild berries along the river banks and watch the sunlight as it is filters through the tree top canopy.  

I am ever grateful for this fertile oasis in my back yard which shelters and protects during the mighty desert summer heat and blooms in colorful joy during the mild winters.  But right now, my spirit longs to roam in the Colorado Rocky Mountains and breathe in the wisdom of the forest trees. 

TeriZ, ghandigirl, Tiger-n-Owl and 11 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)
06/16/2020 8:40 pm  

@lovendures

When you described your beautiful tree sanctuary, I could just feel the spirits they harbor there, and the love and comfort that you reciprocate ... you are so fortunate to have this sacred space.

The wild forests are a sanctuary also, and we can draw so much strength and healing there. Have you ever heard the tall trees singing? It's eerie and enchanting .. someone told me it was due to the sap rising, but I feel it's their spirits rising.

Thank you for the inspiration of your beautiful place there, and I hope you can get into the big trees this summer my friend 💚

TriciaCT, Lovendures, Pikake and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Famed Member Admin
06/16/2020 10:01 pm  

@lovendures Thank you.  Such a beautiful sharing, and written like poetry.  

FEBbby23, Stargazer, CC21 and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@share)
Eminent Member Registered
06/16/2020 10:22 pm  

@lovendures For a moment I had this wonderful sensation that I was transported to your garden and speaking to the trees and flying with the bees.  I also went back to the class notes for our chakra meditation session and it’s so beautiful that many during class traveled with you on this healing journey in your garden.  Thank you;)

Share the love and light 

Stargazer, CC21, TriciaCT and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
06/17/2020 12:45 am  

@share

You know Share, I was inspired by some of the class observations to spend some quiet time in my yard this morning. Summer mornings aren't too hot  yet thankfully.  I believe the chakra cleansing was very helpful.  I am working on putting my thoughts down for what people wrote.  It was amazing to see their insights.  Yes, perhaps they did journey in the garden.  What a beautiful thought.  There sure were a lot of references to trees and roots weren't there?

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, CC21 and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
06/17/2020 12:54 am  

@dhyanaji

Thank you, very kind words you have shared.

@stargazer

Yes, they both can be sanctuaries can't they.  I don't believe I have heard of the tall singing trees.  I am now intrigued.  Something new to discover, thank you.  If I can get to the Colorado mountains this summer, I will be sure to let you know.  

@jeanne-mayell

Thank you.  You know, someone last night said I should write ( a book).  Maybe that was the inspiration for writing today.

FEBbby23, Stargazer, CC21 and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
06/19/2020 9:21 am  

I planted a garden yesterday with my many potted flowers and plants in a communal space in front of my place. I am hoping it will cheer up my neighbors as much as it cheers me up. 

This is something I have never done before. It felt good to have my hands in the soil. I covered it all with a beautiful layer of potting soil. Looks almost professional. It rained as I worked and I got pretty soaked, everything was so easy to weed in the wetness. Had to finish later when the rain stopped though.

This morning it is bright and beautiful out I am listening to the birds sing and enjoyed looking at my garden first thing today. It's not a mirage! I actually made this garden. Now I begin to understand why people work in the dirt. 🙂

FEBbby23, Stargazer, Lovendures and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@saibh)
06/19/2020 11:22 am  

@ghandigirl My garden has been therapy this year. I recently planted a new lily - fairy morning - and this morning it bloomed. Such a perfect addition! Enjoy getting your hands dirty ... it changes your mood, calms your stress, and seeing things grow and thrives feels almost like motherhood.

1592580215-IMG_20200619_094207_100small.jpg

FEBbby23, Stargazer, ghandigirl and 4 people liked
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
06/19/2020 11:48 am  

@saibh and all

Love the garden stories! We are getting a load of topsoil delivered today to cover that part of our yard where we had ivy removed. Excited to start shaping that space! We are planning a small rain garden with native plants and also have plans to put a fairy garden by the one tree with some dinosaurs, as is the tradition on our street. So fun to go on walks and see what others have put out - we are looking forward to adding to the whimsy. Will keep you posted! 

FEBbby23, Stargazer, Pikake and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Noble Member Registered
06/19/2020 12:44 pm  

@cc21

I would love to see your fairy garden when you are finished.  What a wonderful street you must live on. Whimsy is a perfect word to describe what must be happening in your neighborhood.

@ghandigirl

I sense your excitement and joy over working on a garden. Enjoy it!

@saibh

Your lily -fairy -morning is lovely.  The wonderful things about gardens is that they are continuously changing.  Seed turn into plants, flowers bloom, trees grow taller, seasons end and with them come new beginnings.  Then there are bulbs which if planted in fall stay hidden until spring and burst to life.  There is the learning curve of vegetable gardens, what grows well in that particular sport of the garden ( too much or little shade and soil type).

A funny thing happened to me this week.  For some reason, even though it is still very hot, our strawberry plants are still producing some strawberries.  I had been eyeballing one particular strawberry.   It was large and almost ripe.  Not one nibble from any garden creatures.  It was nearly perfect.  So, one morning I went to the garden to pick it.  It had completely disappeared.  Plucked clean away.  My husband noticed too and he was also surprised.  If it was a bird, part of the strawberry would have remained.  I believe a bunny stole it away.  Those bunnies love our yard and I love watching them enjoy themselves.  While I would have enjoyed the strawberry, I think they enjoyed it more so.  They were waiting for just the right moment to snag it too. They beat me to it.

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Stargazer and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)
06/20/2020 6:12 am  
Posted by: @saibh

@ghandigirl My garden has been therapy this year. I recently planted a new lily - fairy morning - and this morning it bloomed. Such a perfect addition! Enjoy getting your hands dirty ... it changes your mood, calms your stress, and seeing things grow and thrives feels almost like motherhood.

Love, love your beautiful ''fairy morning" Lily! The glowing color must be so much effusive in person I can imagine, saibh ... (now I have 'lily envy' 🌝

With the Cancer New Moon and the Summer Solstice this weekend, everyone's words are a wonderful description of how and what we can all do to calm our stresses, honor our Mother Earth and nurture ourselves as well ... it's about time for a renewed, positive focus on the regenerating forces of nature... to heal and nurture the body as well as the soul 🌛💛🌜

Have a blessed and peaceful Solstice everyone ....🎇

LOVE YOUR MOTHER... EARTH !

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, CC21 and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
06/23/2020 6:56 pm  

We put the fairy garden up! And moved 8 cubic yards of dirt over the weekend - progress! 🙂

1592953011-FairyGarden.jpg

ghandigirl, Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23 and 3 people liked
ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 5
Share: