If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.  

RSS

CC21
(@cc21)
Registered
05/22/2019 12:32 pm  

Michele - thank you for your beautiful post. So true! I completely agree and can feel all of us reaching out in love and compassion to connect. It is an amazing thing that I am grateful to have found here and be a part of.

I also wanted to send my love to those of you who have posted recently (as well as before) with grief, illness, other struggles, etc. Sending lots of compassion and encouragement to buoy you up during these times.

In that vein, I wanted to share some pretty wonderful things about my mother's passing. I was back home for the funeral and had a chance to find out from my sister some of the details of last week. My mother was "seeing things" the last few days of her life and clearly (in hindsight) preparing to transition. She would have conversations with people not there, but also said that "angels were poking her" and trying to catch points of light with her fingers. Most interestingly, she kept insisting to my sister, "don't you see that thing on the wall?", "What thing? Mom, there is a TV, shelf and blank wall." "No - the opening covered in plastic where the people come through?", Mom said. She also told my sister, "you know, you and I are looking at the same thing, but we see it differently." No doubt in my mind that she was glimpsing the veil and getting ready to cross over.

Also, my brother-in-law said that she often had a broad smile and a look of "awe" or "wonder" on her face much of the time those last few days. She was a happy person, but he said he had not seen her smile that much or that big in the 15 years he knew her! My sister tried describing it and said that for a bit, she looked almost scared, then after a point, incredible wonder on her face from then on. So interesting!

From my perspective, last Wed. (her last full day alive) I had been busy in the morning, but had a rare opening of several hours in the afternoon. It was a beautiful day and I felt more relaxed than I had in ages and even baked a batch of cookies. What a gift.  Mom had been in a nursing home for just a few days and when the found her not responding, but sleeping deeply, they were able to call my family in. My brother, sister, brother-in-law and mom's cousin were able to sit with her until she passed around 5am Thurs. I am certain that it was all of the love and light from you all here as well as the universe in general providing a gift of a peaceful passing for my mother.

I know that passing is not always peaceful (my Dad went 15 years ago from a long illness and it was painful and not peaceful at the end, though fairly quick.) So, I share this not to make anyone who has experienced otherwise resentful, but rather just to share the beautiful gift that we were fortunate to receive this time.

Lots of love and continued light to you all.

BlueBelle, Unk p, shanrip and 7 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Registered
05/22/2019 3:15 pm  

CC21,

I felt my spirit being raised up as I read your account of your mom’s journey before she passed over.  It was so tender, sweet, and hopeful.  What a wonderful gift.  Thank you for sharing that with us.  

I'm sending you and your family lots of love and healing.

BlueBelle, shanrip, Michele and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Registered
05/22/2019 7:49 pm  

CC21, thank you for sharing about your mother with us and her beautiful last days.  What an inspiring  story.  

Michelle, your post above (as all your posts actually) really resonated with me.  Rare it is to witness  someone with such an outpouring of love, compassion, hope and wisdom.  As your heart opens to us, it feels like a a warm blanket on a cold night, but the warmth you send fills  from the inside out. 

When I think of this community, I think of people extending a hand outward to raise others up, gently allowing them to continue to climb towards the mountain top.  That hand is welcoming to us in a time of need .  The light present here reminds us that  we are on the right path with the ability to  continue moving forward and upward .  When needed, we can unstick ourselves from the mud and find that beacon guiding us with hope.  We can even find joy.  

Grace and gratitude manifest here. 

BlueBelle, Unk p, Michele and 5 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Registered
05/23/2019 1:14 am  

Cc21, Thank you for sharing these special moments in the days before your mother’s passing.  What a gift it was for your mother to have these beautiful experiences at the end of her life.  And what a gift to leave you this sense of wonder and comfort as you grieve the loss of your mother.  It’s a profound loss I know well, having lost my own mother eleven months ago.  I will think about these experiences you’ve shared in the weeks ahead.  You have my deepest condolences and love as you live through this transition time. 

deetoo and CC21 liked
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)
Registered
05/23/2019 12:21 pm  

Thank you, deetoo, Lovendures, and BlueBelle.

And BlueBelle - my deepest sympathies to you on the loss of your mother last year. Definitely a journey, grief. Peace to us all who walk with it (recently or not.)

deetoo liked
ReplyQuote
Share: