Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@lovendures, I am so sorry to hear about your friend, James and others within your community,  I am sending all of you prayers of support, protection and healing.  

BlueBelle, Lovendures, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

@lovendures

I am praying for James, Nicole, and their kids.

Lovendures, deetoo, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Hi Everyone.  Here is a brief update on James.  He is still on a ventilator and now on dialysis.  His wife also has COVID-19  but is at home and it is not nearly as bad for her.  Their kids don't appear to have it. 

Editing to to say they are TRYING to do the dialysis line but they have not been successful and will attempt again shortly.  His labs are getting worse too.  

lenor, TriciaCT, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@lovendures

Prayers prayers prayers

Lots and lots of shining heart love to all. 

These are just such hard times ?

?❣?❣?

TriciaCT, BlueBelle, ghandigirl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Update on James.   

Yesterday he was put on an ECMO machine and they were able to get a dialysis line in him which is good.

His wife just posted on Caring Bridge about their journey so far and wow.  I don't even have words to describe my emotions.

She was the first to get sick, he 3 days later.  They quarantined themselves from their 3 high/middle school kids in the same house and after a week she developed pneumonia.  Urgent care would not originally test her for the  virus.   She started to improve on day 11, but he then developed pneumonia.  At that second Urgent care visit they tested him and recommended he go to the hospital   She was not allowed to enter the ER so she had to say goodbye in the car, not knowing when they would see ( if they would see) each other again. That was heartbreaking for her. 

He was put on oxygen and given IV antibiotics as well as the anti-malaria drug, hydroxychloroquine, which had shown some evidence in helping Covid patients. When the normal oxygen wasn’t enough, he was put on a high-flow oxygen machine. Finally, on April 1,  his lungs were worsening, his oxygen saturation could not be maintained, and he was needing  to be sedated and placed on a ventilator to save his life. She was able to speak to him before they did that via phone but what does one say when they have just moments to said what is in your heart. She told him what was most important.  How deeply the whole family loved him and how God would keep him in his hands and they would continue to pray for him and that people around the world were praying for him.  . In the middle of the night, they had to transfer him to a different hospital that had an ECMO machine that would breath for him because the ventilator wasn't enough. He was failing.  That trip in itself was life and death.  

So, in the middle of the night by herself, still in quarantine from  her 3 children because she doesn't know if she is still contagious , she had to to tell her children through closed bedroom doors that their father was in in serious trouble and was headed to a new hospital by ambulance in a last ditch effort to save his life. 

Can you imagine doing that alone, your children behind their bedroom doors?  You can't hold them?  nurse graciously allowed them to FaceTime him before being hooked up to the ECMO machine, even though he was in a medically-induced paralysis, on a ventilator, tubes everywhere, and unresponsive.  They desperately wanted him to hear them.   They told him of their love for him... of the love of people who know him and people around the world who don't, yet were praying for him. They wanted him to know he was not alone and deeply loved by others and by God.

Currently he is on the ECMO machine and most of his stats have improved.  

I ask to please continue to actively keep James and his family in your prayers and meditations as well as all the people who are going through fear and and loss while battling this devastating virus.  

It can happen to anyone. She was being very careful and disinfecting everything before she got ill.  Nichole is simply one of the the nicest and kind persons you will ever meet and her husband is as well.

Thank you.

LalaBella, lenor, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laynara)
Noble Member Registered

Good evening everyone, Today we found out the prison my fiance works out just had their first covid case, he is unsure if he has made contact with it and he's worried for me and our son, he would beat himself up mentally if he got us sick.

lenor, TriciaCT, lenor and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@lovendures,

Thank you for sharing with us.  This evening I will dedicate a special meditation and prayers for James and his family.   He is not alone, and I see angels surrounding James and his family.

I was watching a news segment yesterday as they were speaking about the dedicated medical staff on the front lines with this virus.  They said that in many cases, the nurses stay with some of the patients as they transition.  They are all lightworkers.  They are angels in human form.  God protect and bless all of them.

LalaBella, lenor, herondreams and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@shawn)
Noble Member Registered

@lovendures and @layanara 

I am keeping James & his family in my prayer.

Layanara, I am also praying for your fiancé, your family, the staff, & inmates. 

Such a time a sadness and cruelty we live in, but there still is hope & Love as well. Sending you both ❤️

TriciaCT, Pikake, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures & @laynara,

When we pray from a place of inner stillness, our thoughts and words become sacred, we can hear the answering call of heaven.” - Caroline Myss

Praying for your friends and loved ones who need Grace to guide and shelter them.

TriciaCT, Laynara, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@lovendures

Thank you for the update on James, his wife and family.  What a nightmare experience.  I am praying for James and his family.  May he fully recover and they all have a lifetime of happiness ahead.

Laynara, deetoo, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

@laynara

What a scary time for you and your family.  I am sorry you are going through this.  I will certainly be praying for each of you.  May you be safe, may you be well, may you have better days ahead.

Laynara, ghandigirl, Pikake and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Just received word that there are 4 confirmed covid cases with one hospitalization of a resident in the retirement place my mom lives. It is not on her floor, she is in personal care and it is in the health center but I am petrified. She is 88. She is physically very strong, especially for her age and I am praying hard that she will be okay.

Anxiety very bad today, even had a tiff with the boyfriend about being even more vigilant to keep me safe. He is the only contact I have now with the outside world.  He is an essential worker so he is working almost every day, albeit in very sterile conditions. He is a butcher. I am scared for him too. I'm scared for EVERYONE. I am way too scared though. Need to stay in the moment.

I know logically that I am not sick, he is not sick, my mom is not sick, but the FEAR is huge today. 

BlueBelle, lenor, TriciaCT and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@shawn)
Noble Member Registered

@ghandigirl

sending you, your Mom, & boyfriend light & healing protection. 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@ghandigirl Holding you and your mother in healing light.  

BlueBelle, lenor, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@ghandigirl, I'm sending healing and protective light to you, your mom, and your man.  One day at a time, my friend.

@laynara, may you, your fiance and son be divinely protected and find peace during this difficult time.

ghandigirl and laynara, I will keep you both in my meditations and prayers.    

I also have felt more fear the past few days.  I am trying to remain present in the moment.  And in this moment, there is nothing to fear.   I will breathe in this peaceful moment, and breathe out my fear.

May we all hold ourselves, and each other, in the light.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, SisterMoon and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

What @deetoo said (beautifully):

Posted by: @deetoo

I will breathe in this peaceful moment, and breathe out my fear.

I went to sleep sending love to all who are in fear and grief right now and woke with the same thoughts.

Keeping you and yours in mind, ghandigirl, laynara, and Lovendures. 

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, lenor and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @deetoo

I also have felt more fear the past few days.  I am trying to remain present in the moment.  And in this moment, there is nothing to fear.   I will breathe in this peaceful moment, and breathe out my fear.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

After about two weeks of solid zen, I am feeling a lot of anxiety and dread right now. I fell into a rabbit hole re: the news, which was clearly the trigger. 

Thank you, @deetoo, for your kind words in this post. You are right: In this moment I have nothing to fear. Trying to hold on to this thought for as long as possible.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, ghandigirl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

@sistermoon

You've likely absorbed some of the panic in the collective... I feel it too every time I watch the news.  Try grounding, clearing your energy and then returning your consciousness to the eternal peace at the center of your Being with some focused breathing:

Sit or lie still, calm your breathing to a slow pace, and then focus on the motion of your chest as the air moves in and out. As you focus, feel your mind float gently downwards, like a feather on an air current, until it settles at your heart.  As your focus settles, listen for the silence that exists in this place of pure peace and calmness.  Stay here for as long as you want.

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@Lovendures - words fail. I am starting to run out of space in my head to keep everyone who is being affected in my thoughts, but know that right now I am sending you some light to pass on to your friends.

@Laynara - if it's possible, your fiancé may have to self-isolate when he's not at work, for two weeks at a minimum.

I'm doing my best to not listen to news, I read a couple of articles, have a cry, check the stats, have another cry, and then try to focus on my immediate environment.  My anxiety increases daily. Every allergic sneeze and cough makes me think "this is it".

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

@frank Thank you for your kind post - I read it before falling asleep and used your ideas to help calm me. I will remember to do this when the fear gets too great.

Frank, Jeanne Mayell, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 59 / 106
Share: