Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@bright-opal, you are so very kind. Thank you so much for your support.

What you experienced was quite traumatic.  I am so glad that you shared this with us.  Have you cried at all, or do you feel like you want to but can't?  I remember decades ago when I was on my way to work, I witnessed someone hit by a car.  He tried to stand up, and because his legs were probably broken, his body collapsed.  Remarkably an EMT was nearby, and she rushed to his aid.  i then boarded my bus and went to work, in a very dissociated state.  I could share the story of what I witnessed, but felt totally detached from it.  Back then dissociation was the way I usually coped with trauma.  Perhaps you're still processing what you witnessed, which is why you might feel the presence of that person. There is no right or wrong way to feel when you experience something like that.  It was a big shock to your nervous system. 

I'm glad you're planning on joining tomorrow's meditation.  Allow yourself to receive the healing, comfort and support of the group.  We are your tribe, and we love you.

I've just given you a big hug ... I can feel us embracing each other, my head on your shoulder, yours on mine.   I am sending you prayers for a peaceful sleep.  

Jeanne Mayell, TriciaCT, ghandigirl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

@villager  Thanks.  I don't think I'm at the crisis helpline point yet, But I'm certainly making note of it.  It's now on my phone.  Funny how easy it is to suggest it for someone needing help, because we know it's the right thing, the best resource.  Yet, when it's our turn, we are not as inclined to use it.  We don't want to bother anyone, or we think it is not as bad as someone else's situation.  Something to think about.

TriciaCT, deetoo, villager and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@deetoo

My dearest Dee, right away I felt Angel of "right light" (never heard of that before and I have heard of some odd Angel names) was helping you. The color purple is important regarding this healing and I pray you embrace this while we all send you our light and LOVE. ? ? ? 

ghandigirl, deetoo, ghandigirl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Noble Member Registered

@bright-opal, thank you.

Posted by: @bright-opal

Yet, when it's our turn, we are not as inclined to use it.  We don't want to bother anyone, or we think it is not as bad as someone else's situation.

This is so true. All in good time. It recently took me 6 months to call a (different type of) helpline because I felt exactly the way you describe above. 

Sophie, deetoo, Sophie and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@bright-opal

I am so glad you will be at tomorrow's meditation. You experienced something so traumatic yet my guides and angels tell me your spirit was there for them in spirit! You are a healing soul. ? ? ? ? 

Sophie, deetoo, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo Of course. Prayers coming your way that you’ll have a restful sleep. If I can share a breathing exercise for calming taught to me by an acupuncture master (4th in the lineage) - Breathe in & keep inhaling as you count to 4, hold for 4, exhale for 6. Repeat this several times until you feel yourself calming down; you might even fall asleep. If you prefer not to get too stirred up with the counting, inhale for 4 and exhale for 6. Effectively, the exhale is longer so as to get out the toxins and any negativity. I hope this helps.

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@deetoo

Oh sweet soul, hang in there!

I'm relieved to hear the EMTs offered you a choice, and I believe you chose correctly. I don't agree that Benadryl in liquid caps is caustic, and I don't think EMTs are allowed to diagnose anything, so for them to say "hypertensive headache" makes no sense unless your blood pressure was high - like over 140/100 high.  You may have staved off anaphylaxis with your quick Benadryl action. I keep children's liquid version in the house for just such eventualities.

Tomorrow, call your primary care physician. Most are doing telemedicine these days, or at least phone calls. They may want to prescribe you an Epi-Pen in case it happens again (I have 3 - purse, car, home). Consider ordering one of those little wrist BP monitors off Amazon too.

If you have any CBD oil, take that. I find that Benadryl makes me both drowsy and anxious. Know that it wears off in a few hours. Also maybe a cup of chamomile tea - very calming and safe. Also try either the Solfeggio or Binaural music a few of us have referred to in this and other threads. Put some lavender oil or sprigs on your pillow. Watch a mindless TV show or old movie, or go read a book.

And most important - get away from all devices ;-)

Let us know tomorrow how you're doing. I'll send you some healing tonight as I drift off - maybe it will be catching.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@deetoo

Your community here loves you very much. 

I am wrapping you in a big soft blanket of love right now.  May you have a beautiful restful sleep and wake up refreshed and peaceful.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@deetoo Thank God you are okay. Those EMT's are angels.  And since you are an angel, you have a lot of protection.  Take care, sweet friend.  Sending love and protection to sit with you all night long.

TriciaCT, ghandigirl, Coyote and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

All of my beautiful friends, I am so sorry for the things you are having to deal with. It is a tense and scary time.

Something is off today for many of us it seems. I spent a few hours crying tonight over my daughter, my ex and my many years of illness. When I start to go into the past , I find a lot of grief and regret there.

I do better when I stay in the moment but sometimes I just stilll need to grieve and process.

I think that I have work to do in self acceptance and love. I think that I am grateful for my man who llstens ansd cares about everytying i share with him. We make each other stromger.

Happiness is a choice and I planm tochoose happiness tomorrow and let these fears and angry bits go.

TriciaCT, Coyote, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@sistermoon)
Famed Member Registered

Prayers for all of you. What a rough time we are all having. I feel for you all and am sending you love and strength to get through these trying times. 

TriciaCT, ghandigirl, Laynara and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

@bright-opal and @deetoo and others, I have no advice but I'm sending love.

TriciaCT, deetoo, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@villager

I don't know why you think I had scurvy. I never did. Starting in High School, I ate lemons almost everyday. I ate the whole thing. I consider the best ones to be shiny and have a smooth skin.

TriciaCT, ghandigirl, villager and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Noble Member Registered

@elaineg

I'm so sorry I didn't express myself clearly. Scurvy popped into my head when I first read TriciaCt's post. It then caught my attention when you posted about vitamin C regarding the same post. I never thought you had scurvy.

ElaineG, ghandigirl, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Already not sober today. Will try again tomorrow. At least will wean down sensibly. Last time I got sober it triggered insomnia & increased Anxiety. 

Best wishes and thoughts to all on this day #11 for me. Considering exercising inside today maybe and skipping the daily walk.  Feel the need to cocoon and I am taking my inner intuitive self seriously. Just see a branch with a cocoon. 

I agree with @Coyote I think it was, that we must shy away from visualizing negative outcomes. We attract what we believe. I still think that focusing on stories of neighborliness and gratitude during these strange times is most helpful for us as lightworkers, empaths, healers, and teachers.

For myself personally I need to move beyond the sorrowful past. Today I will live in this moment. 

SisterMoon, Frank, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

posted by @ghandigirl:

“Something is off today for many of us it seems.  

Happiness is a choice and I plan to choose happiness tomorrow and let these fears and angry bits go.”  

Beautifully expressed, @ghandigirl.  I will follow your example.

I want to thank everyone for your likes and kind posts of support, healing and prayers. I am exhausted but better.  I took magnesium, l-theanine and a beta blocker (prescribed to me for anxiety) before I went to bed.  It still took me a few hours to fall asleep, but I understood that my system was trying to regulate itself.  I feel like I have a hangover this morning, with a mild headache.   My BP was 109/70 this morning, which is great and in the normal range for me.  I’m still trying to figure out what I reacted to.  I made salmon with a soy glaze, an Asian salad (no peanuts) w/lemongrass vinegar and sesame & garlic oil, and a few potstickers.  I suspect the soy or even the lemongrass vinegar.  I’ve never used that vinegar before.  Sometimes I can react to foods when my histamine levels are already elevated from pollen, which is happening how.  My doctor diagnoses it as mast cell disorder.  Upon occasion I have had food reactions with some dizziness, intense heat and a racing heart, which is what initially happened last night, but it all escalated into something I didn’t recognize.

@lovendures, I felt that big soft blanket of love.  Thank you.  

@triciact, so funny you were getting an angel “right light.”   I sometimes do see flashes to the right of my vision, but I’ve always assumed it was connected to my eye surgery last year.  Sometimes I do feel angels to the right or left of me.   I love colors in the purple family – I find them very healing.  I am wearing my purple sweat shirt today!

@pikake, that you for reminding me about the breathing exercise.  I learned that technique a few years ago, but had forgotten about it.  Sometimes when I’m in a fight-or-flight mode, my coping skills can be temporarily tossed out the window.  I’m going to practice the exercise throughout today.

@laura-f, I hear you about the Epipen.  Given my inconsistent reactions to things, it’s a smart idea.  I asked the EMT what he believed was the cause of my headache, and he felt it was hypertensive because my BP shot up to 180/98, and the headache formed a band around the perimeter of my head.   It was excruciating.  He and another EMT stayed with me until my BP returned to normal, 123/80, and my headache improved.   The EMT recommended that I buy children’s liquid Benadryl and keep that around.  The reason why he thought the capsule being possibly caustic to my esophagus is because I  bit into it and allowed the liquid to seep into my mouth.  He said that the interior coatings on the capsules can be harsh and aren’t meant to be released until they enter the stomach. 

And yes, I am staying away from the news and other social media.  Last night as I was cooking dinner and heard my husband turn on the Covid-19 news, I shouted, “please turn that off.  I can’t listen anymore; it’s really stressing me out!”  I was feeling saturated and had my fill.  I can’t take care of myself, let alone be there for others, if I remain in a hypervigilant state.   I will also try the Solfeggio.   

@jeanne-mayell, thank you for your loving words.  I agree that the EMTs are angels. 

Thanks again, everyone.  I love all of you.   

SisterMoon, ghandigirl, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@ghandigirl

You're not alone in feeling those feelings or even "slipping" yesterday by plunging into the past and your feelings or defences about it by and not being balanced.Many many people were unbalanced yesterday and even the last few days.

Think of it as the process of bringing inbalance back into your and inner and past healing journey.

You've been here before and you knew what you needed to do and you did it. 

Lots of extra love and energetic and beautiful beautiful colors and artistic energy. Let them flow in and allow the colors you need most to stay with you and nourish your spirit.

We love you and support you every day in every way and walk with you with thoughts and prayers all the way to full healing and mind/body/spirit states of health and wellness  ? 

Laynara, ghandigirl, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@deetoo

Have you been bitten by any ticks recently?  The reason I ask is: Alpha-Gal allergy is a real issue in my area. It is co-current with Lyme disease. It is an allergy to all mammal foods and products. You can google it to learn more. I learned a lot about it when my Sweetheart contracted it and began having weird reactions when eating meals I prepared or he fixed for himself.

The reason I bring this up.. is he had several episodes along the way of various responses to meals and it took about 4 months to get diagnosed... and a whole lot of the medical community does not understand it much less have heard of it... tho... more and more will develop it as tick season and infections ramp up with warmer weather.

@BrightOpal

In your meditations/prayers ask that anything that is not of your essence your soul energy be cleansed,cleared and returned to Divine Essence. For most of us Empaths...we are overwhelmed "processing energies" for people these days there is so much out there...ask for Higher Self assistance in processing..ask your self..."Is this mine? and if identified as not yours... sit in a chair...visualize the energy as ribbons of color that you run out the end of your spine and your feet deep in the ground to Mother Earth for cleansing and clearing...visualize limbs of Light and Purple growing up through your Crown Chakra connecting with the Divine.. and seeing the White Holy Light fill your body fully to the overflowing. Do this as often as you need to. Remember to shield your Energy when you go out so that you do not subconsciously take on more than you can process. I am praying for you and asking God to send AA Raphael to your to aid you in your Healing.

ghandigirl, Frank, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Posted by: @michele-b

@ghandigirl

You're not alone in feeling those feelings or even "slipping" yesterday by plunging into the past and your feelings or defences about it by and not being balanced.Many many people were unbalanced yesterday and even the last few days.

Think of it as the process of bringing inbalance back into your and inner and past healing journey.

You've been here before and you knew what you needed to do and you did it. 

Lots of extra love and energetic and beautiful beautiful colors and artistic energy. Let them flow in and allow the colors you need most to stay with you and nourish your spirit.

We love you and support you every day in every way and walk with you with thoughts and prayers all the way to full healing and mind/body/spirit states of health and wellness  ? 

Thank you so much. All of you. It is hard to admit some things out loud.

You are all so kind and wise. I am lucky to have found you. 

Michele, deetoo, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@journeywithme2, I haven't been bitten by ticks, at least to my knowledge.  I am currently being treated by an integrative physician for Chronic Inflammatory Response Syndrome (CIRS -- caused by mold and other biotoxins).  He also specializes in treating lyme disease.  I had extensive testing for lyme a few years ago, but not recently.  I'll send him an email and ask about Alpha-Gal allergy.  Thanks for the information!

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 56 / 106
Share: