Jeanne Mayell Intuitive Wisdom Forum2022-03-27T22:45:03-04:00
Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

2,106 Posts
95 Users
19080 Likes
135.8 K Views
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Ghandigirl,

I am so sorry for the challenges you are facing.  That's a lot to handle, and I praise you for your courage.   Be open to divine guidance, and don't give up hope.  I’m sending love and healing light to you.

May the sun bring you new energy by day.
May the moon softly restore you by night.
May the rain wash away your worries.
May the breeze blow new strength into your being.
May you walk gently through the world
and know it's beauty all the days of your life.

Apache Blessing

Aheartbegins, CC21, Aheartbegins and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

Thank you so much for the beautiful messages.

I also went outside w my new little dog and had a picnic lunch,  and went to the library to get some large print novels. Reading is a great way to focus and change the thoughts.

Then I slept for hours and hours and hours which was restorative.

I am very appreciative for all of you.

deetoo, Aheartbegins, CC21 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

I'm so glad that you nurtured yourself today, ghandigirl.  Pets can be very healing too.  My precious dog helped me at some very low points in my life.

Have a peaceful night.

ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

(((Ghandigirl)))

Angels of light all around you ❤️ 

ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Ghandigirl, -- Holding you in light. Just keep breathing. Keep putting one foot in front of the other.  Prepare yourself to accept the good that is offered.

ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

I’m having a very difficult time talking to my sister. I haven’t since the summer of July 2016 When I found out she was voting for him. She wrote me a letter the other day wanting us to talk. She said she doesn’t even want to talk about politics. I wrote back a very long letter saying that this is about values and wondering what her values are.

I have tried to tell her in the other letters that he’s an adulterer, a liar, adores dictators, is a racist, and they’ll also cages children and separates them at the border without knowing who belongs with whom. I told her I don’t know who she is anymore and it’s very sad as we were just getting to be close.

As is common these days, it’s apparently her religion, Catholic, that is focusing on abortion. She’s going to be 76 next month and also be 68, so I know we don’t have forever to get close. But she’s been self righteous toward me most of her  Life, and did not include me in my nieces wedding in 1992 because of my sexual orientation. I didn’t talk to her for seven years after that one. I go to therapy and I try to figure a way to have a relationship with her, but I just don’t Seem able to. I really need help. Thanks, Anita

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Oh Anita, I understand how you feel. I go back and forth with this conflict with friends and family.  

It sounds like you've got some difficult past events with your sister that hurt you and are hard to forgive and need some healing.  If she's trying to get in touch with you, is it possible she is willing to respect you now?  You will only find out if you talk to her.  But you can only talk to her when you are ready. 

I just want to send you my love and support. You will do what is right for you when you are ready. 

If I love someone and that person treats me with kindness and respect, then we stay in touch and just don't talk at all about politics.  I have family and friends in this category.  Then again, if I hear that person speaking the same horrible way about other people that Trump and his minions speak, then I recoil and stay away. If they have lashed out at me and I don't want to take the chance it will happen again, then I stay away. 

I have an old  friend who supports Trump only because of the right to life issue, like your sister.  I love her and we don't talk about her choice since she is set on it. But your situation is different.  This is your sister, and there are other past issues that are in play for you. 

Many of the people I know who support Trump do so for reasons that have little to do with racism, intolerance, or repressive government.  Most of the time they only watch Fox News and have no clue what he's doing.  Each has their own reasons. 

I am not advocating co-dependency on your part. If your sister still judges you and is cruel to you, as occurred seven years ago, then perhaps keeping your distance is wise.  But if she wants to forge a relationship of love and respect, then perhaps it will work out. 

In the end, you will make the right choice for you and at the time that is best for you.   

Anita, Unk p, Coyote and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Anita, my heart goes out to you.  I’ve been there with family and friends concerning the current White House occupant.  I totally agree with everything Jeanne said.  It does sound like you’re hurting and have some unresolved issues with your sister.  My sister is very different from me.  She is quite conservative, although she didn’t like any of the candidates who were running in 2016.  I’m pretty sure that she didn’t vote for Clinton, but I don’t know how she voted – and I don’t want to know.  We never discuss politics.  She is a kind, caring, ethical and good soul who I will always love, but I’ll never really understand (and I’m sure she’d say the same about me.)

As Jeanne mentioned, there are people who are one-issue voters.  It’s difficult for me to comprehend that, but I’ve met a few of them.  One of my friends voted for Trump because she was afraid of ISIS; she literally believed that ISIS had infiltrated this country and she was afraid for her children.   She believed that Trump was tough and would protect her family.  I almost laughed when she told me that, until I saw the fear in her eyes.  (She got a lot of her news from social media and Fox.)  Another friend of mine totally surprised me by her support of Trump; she believes that he was chosen by God and fulfills religious prophecy. 

Sometimes I just feel stuck and don’t know what to do in a tough, emotional situation with someone.  So I pray for help.  Being the control freak I am, it sometimes takes a while to let go -- but in my advancing age, I’m getting better at it!  So I’ll say something like “Okay [God /  angels / higher guides / etc.], I need your help.  I’m too [mad / scared / etc.] and don’t know what to do with these feelings.  I don’t know what to do next, so I’m turning this over to you.  Give me the understanding and wisdom to make the right decision.”   I usually feel better after I do that, and the answer slowly reveals itself to me in some way. 

The fact that you’re bringing up the issue tells me that you’ll get there.  I praise you for your courage.  As Jeanne said, in the end, you will make the right choice for you and at the time that is best for you.   

Anita, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Hello, dearest Anita!  i also have family members who voted for the monster. It is very difficult, but i am trying to forgive them, as they may not have understood how truly awful he would really be. But, if they choose to vote for him again, there is no excuse.  It would mean that they are complicit  in his crimes. Complicit in kidnapping and caging babies. Complicit in his treason. Complicit in poisoning the air and water. Complicit in all of the evil he has, and continues to do. This goes beyond ordinary ideological differences- they are trying to kill us! At this point, i think the most compassionate thing would be to explain to these folks, that i just cant be involved in their murder/ suicide scheme. (a nicer way of saying "F off, Nazi punks!")           

We can disagree and still love each other unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist.   -James Baldwin

i see that your sister kept you from being involved in your nieces wedding. She would probably try to keep you from being involved in YOUR OWN (orientationaly appropriate) wedding, if she could!   Odd, that loving women would be seen as somehow wrong, but a man(?) who molests and cheats on women is seen as sent by God to be the president. Maybe your sister just hates women? There seems to be a lot of that going around.
  I really hope your sister repents, and that you can reconcile. but if she cant, or wont- just remember- there are plenty of lonely 76 year olds that you could "adopt''.  People who will love and accept you for the beautiful child of God that you are!               Love, unk p

Anita, Aheartbegins, Anita and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

Thank you so much, Unk P. What you wrote makes so much sense to me.

i know that when my partner and I had a ceremony, though not yet legal, my sister

was worried I’d invite her to it. She wouldn’t come she told my brother.

i think she is so committed to Catholicism and to stopping abortion, that that is all she votes on. The thousands of pedaphile priests don’t seem to matter. The caged children don’t seem to matter, etc etc etc. All so sad.

i do love my sister, but her values are tearing me up.

thank you,

Anita

Unk p and Unk p reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)

Anita, one guiding principle that has kept me balanced since 2016 is the truth that, as children of the Paradigm of Separation, every single one of us alive today is traumatized and hurting inside. We've all been deprived of genuine human connection on some level, and unfortunately many of us latch on to groups/institutions/teachings in order to fill that emotional void. So everyone has their own collection of scars, including your sister, and maybe it helps to think about what happened in her life to make her latch onto absolutist religious teachings or act with self-righteousness in the first place. I myself developed a self-righteous streak due to social rejection early in childhood, and I didn't quite outgrow that mindset until my college years. But you'll never find out if your sister has that sort of backstory if you don't try talking to her. Maybe she's reaching out to you now precisely because she needs to unburden herself. 

I can't relate to being spurned by a family member because of the person you love, so it's entirely up to you how much you are willing to forgive your sister for that. Looked at from a broader perspective, though, I feel like the societal healing we need to go through in order to get back to the light begins with forgiving one another for relatively minor mistakes ("who did you vote for?") and understanding the complexities of their lived experiences.

Sophie, Anita, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

Thanks, Jeanne. If she wasn’t my sister, it wouldn’t be such an issue. I can just ignore.When she’d 

Make untrue and mean statements about Pres Obama, I basically let it go cuz I figured she was in the Fox minority. But when we have this horrible human (sort of human) running the country and doing

these awful things, I can’t deal with her  beliefs....and values.....

i miss when we were having good times. But this is awful. 

Anita

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

hey Coyote,  just wanted to let you know that i love reading your posts. you are such a brilliant writer, and so compassionate. But i just gotta say- it is not a ''minor mistake'' when someone votes for ecocide, or child torture, or against democracy itself.  It's a big honking deal! Especially if they plan on voting that way again. These are not normal times w normal elections, where we have to choose between two brands of cornflakes!            And can anyone pls explain why anti-abortionists are almost always pro-gun, pro-war, pro-capital punishment, anti-enviromentalist, and against food stamps and accessible health care? And then try to say they are pro-life?!?  if they REALLY believed in the sanctity of life, it would be so much easier to have them in mine.               peace and love

Jeanne Mayell, Anita, Stargazer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@thebeast)
Honorable Member Participant

All I wish to friend and foe equally is justice . And that includes family .

Do you think you can arrest people because they crossed your cherished line ? And now you have the right to prey on their children ? Do think you can prossecute and torture those that sacrifice their well-beeing for the sake of truth and care of most ? Sacred over good is right ?

I believe in justice . All i wish is justice . 

Life dumps us into this world very unwise people . The universe has to carve our living flesh into goodness . It has to suffer us into empathy . It worked pretty good for me . I am thankful for it . Am I a beast to wish it for others ? 

Can there be love without justice ?

Can you fix the refugee hater, without making him a refugee ?

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Coyote,  I can relate to a lot of what you said.  We’re all broken in some way, shaped by nature, nurture, our day-to-day life experiences … some of it a mystery.    Emotions are complicated.   Life is challenging.  Belief systems are just that – belief systems, which some of us accept as absolutes.  Often those systems haven’t even been created by us, instead being handed down to us by family, church, whatever.  We haven’t bothered to question, is this what I really believe in my heart?    We don’t question it because we might be afraid of the answer.   Because the answer might force us to look at some of our life choices, some of those painful.  We might open Pandora’s box, and where might that lead?  We might have to change our life.  I know, because I’ve been there.  But there is a certain liberation in starting over.

Stardancer commented in one of the forums that she finds it difficult to love people who have views that seem so contradictory to her own.  I can really relate to that.  I can love the T**** supporters in the spiritual abstract, i.e., I can say that we are all connected, all part of the same infinite universe.  I can speak of loving them in those terms.  But I feel like an imposter, that I’m really talking BS when I say that, because it’s an easy way out.  Because it doesn’t address the messy parts of being human, and all of the crazy emotions that go with it.  For me just witnessing the cruelty that has been unleashed feels overwhelmingly painful.  It makes me angry.  It can keep me up nights. When I see these followers and those in charge excusing, supporting and/or spewing bigotry, hatred, and abuse, it hurts my soul.  And it’s not right.  I try to understand why.  I tell myself that it’s all based in fear, but even if that’s true, we’re all still left with living with the aftermath of their actions.  And it’s 100X more challenging when this is coming from a family member or close friend, because you love this person, and it feels like a betrayal.

What we're all facing now is huge.  There are no easy answers, but I can do what I can.  Each day is a new day.  Each day I can put one foot in front of the other and shine my light on the darkness, in whatever positive form that takes.  And I am grateful to have so many wonderful, fellow spiritual travelers accompanying me on this journey.   It makes the journey a lot less scary.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, ghandigirl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

I have not been able to focus enough to respond to all the posts but the last one here is exactly how I feel. I am having trouble letting go and forgiving and when I have tried to broach something with someone about their loved one who wronged me, they advise me to follow tenets of Tao and not concern myself with that. An unexamined life is ...well, whatever the rest of the quote is.

I do get the interconnectedness...

...but I also get the fear that the nasty behavior will continue. It is a line we walk as lightworkers and as mere mortals. 

Also as I have been Recovering from an onslaught of revelations regarding my health in  all it's aspects , and especially my mental health. I find that I need to sort, and grieve, and express anger ina  safe way and so on and so on. 

By the way I AM celia. I was wearing a mask and pretending to be duplicate and now I see why I feel multiple. I am having a really hard time. Because I am and its fated for me to grow,

I also was told again by anothyer psychic that I have a gift and she suggested I join a psychic forum...which is something i have done. I need to believe that this gifty is not a masquerade of symptoms but waht Jeanne also told me. A rare gift.

So needy and full of myself, so hoping to rise above, so sad and so grateful and such a mix mix of things as we all are.

I  was misdiagnosed and put on the wrong meds and just foiund out I have been negatively affected for 10 months. 

LIght and prayers still need majorly pleae. I feel like the footprints poem. hoping to b e carried and guilty for the neediness in the first place.

Being a spiritual being in  aphysical body cvan be very hard. Or easy if I can just hold on till my meds are right. I will shine it on.

love to all. Sad Celia/Ghandigirl

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Aheartbegins and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Ghandigirl, thank you for reaching out.  I am very sorry that you are facing such physical, mental and spiritual challenges.    I pray that you receive divine guidance as you seek the answers to your medical issues.  Please focus on getting well, and on receiving the proper physical and mental help you need.   Your health and well being is the most important thing right now.   I am visualizing you in the very near future, celebrating a beautiful spring day with your sweet dog – healthy, vibrant, joyful and grateful that this difficult period is behind you. 

You have tremendous courage and special gifts to share with the world.   May there always be an angel by your side, to hold your hand through your life’s journey, and carry you when you fall.  I’m sending you healing light, prayers and lots of love.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, Aheartbegins and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

Hello Ghandigirl, As I was reading your post, I could so relate to your situation.  I recently, finally, understood when I was being taught Mindfulness how the 3 aspects of life are equally as important.  Body - Mind - Soul. 

You've had a difficult life (to put it mildly).  The healing path is a difficult one.  There are all kinds of healing.  Forgiveness is a powerful tool, not for others but for yourself.  And sometimes, it is simply to learn to have a healthy life, turning these event and ilnesses to our advantage.  Believe me when I say I know it is easier said than done!!!

Don't give up.  Believe in your gift and use it for yourself as much if not more as you do for others.  I am very different than the rest of the family.  To the point where I avoided mingling with them as much as possible (for a while) during family gathering.  I hang out with my nieces, and eat at the kid's table.  Jeanne has helped me understand and realize how I may be different because of my gift.  I now understand I need to work on accepting and loving myself in part because of these differences, because they are exactly that:  gifts.  As I'm writing this, I am praying for you and sending you light of love, strength and healing.

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminata)
Noble Member Registered

All of you beautiful souls grappling with Love and Hate and Justice - I'm right here with you.  And I need your prayers and support tonight.  

There has been another school shooting in my state close to Columbine.  I'm not sure I can convey how personal this is to me.  

Columbine is a sister school to the highschool I graduated from.  The school layout is exactly the same for both schools.  9.6 miles separated us, we competed against each other in sports.  My cousins attended Columbine.

I graduated 11 years before Columbine.  My youngest cousin graduated three or four years before the shooting. 

The day it happened, my mom was in lock down in the orthodontist office she worked at as a receptionist four miles from the school.  Everyone was concerned it was another Timothy McVeigh situation at the time.  I was home in Westminster sick watching news coverage and calling Mom trying to keep her safe by relaying second hand news information to her.

My paternal grandmother died of a stroke the day after the shooting, and we all think the shooting contributed in at least a small way to her death.  Because it was PERSONAL.  It was in my backyard.  It was home grown.  While I didn't directly know those killed, my cousins did.  And my family was absolutely directly affected.

While I can't say every school shooting, or every mass shooting in mosques, and synagogues and churches- those at movie theaters and concerts and malls - are a result of the Columbine shooting, I can't say they aren't influenced by that terrible tragedy. 

And because that original spark and template, (if you will) for so much continual horror sprouted in my personal space, I feel it again personally every time it happens again.  The whole damned PTSD thing for all of the people affected by this madness that we are inflicting on ourselves and each other over and over and over.  

Rationally and spiritually, I know it is not my fault.  I didn't cause or contribute to the violence or depression or sadness or anger that led to the violence.  I do understand, having been bullied by my father and peers what could have led to the violence.

And what I struggle deeply with now is the choice I made to NOT EVER advocate for violence as a solution, and how many, many, many others decide violence is the ONLY answer.  I know I am not the only one struggling with this.  If we can breach the gap here - find the combinations of empathy and logic in people's brains that lead to polar opposite decisions on how to deal with grief and fear we can solve this.  

I want it solved.  I want it to stop.  I want to stop it.  I know I don't have the authority to stop it.  I feel like it is my responsibility to stop it - even though logically and spiritually I know that's not true.  

This gift of compassion that we Light Keepers have is a tough gig.  There are no easy solutions.  And feeling everyone's viewpoint on varying issues is both enlightening and confusing to the point of paralyzation.  

I've rambled enough.  Thanks for listening, understanding and raising my grief and confusion into a place where a path can be illuminated.

Much love to all.

BlueBelle, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)

Dearest Luminata, I am sending you love, heart love and the warm embrace of empathy and compassion.  This is just so horrific and we may not have the personal connections that you do, but we share your grief.  How many times can our government turn blind eyes to the murders of our children?  What number is enough?  What monsters dwell among us....

Breathe deeply, Luminata.  This is not forever, but this is a terrible season.  We bear witness as Lightworkers and we also light the way forward.  May you find peace, my friend.

Much love to you tonight and in the days and weeks to come.

Michele, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 106
Share:
Go to Top