Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@unk-p, I'm visualizing your father now, surrounded by light -- strong, healthy and happy, busy at work!

❤️ ? ❤️ 

Jeanne Mayell, Lilinoe, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

I just want to thank all of you and let you know I'm finally recovered from my string of asthmatic bronchitis infections! I am s-l-o-w-l-y returning to my significant physical activities. It's only in the last couple of days that I haven't needed my rescue inhaler.

Thanks again for all the healing - I could feel it, and I'm sorry I wasn't able to send very much back.

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

ghandigirl, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@laura-f

Made my day to hear this - so glad for you Laura! ? 

Lovendures, deetoo, Lovendures and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

@frank

Thank you for your insight and kindness.  I struggle with this because I have felt for the last month that something was going on with Limbaugh (many business owners I know are fans of his, so I occasionally hear him in the background.)  One of the biggest pet peeves for me has always been when people make fun of others due to a health condition.  Once, a girl I knew in high school made fun of a friend of mine because she had diabetes and had to take insulin shots.

I admit my reaction was less than helpful.  I called the girl in question a monster without any redeeming qualities (not exactly in those terms, but close enough).  Well, a year later, I learned that the girl in question developed diabetes herself.  To top it off, she was scared to death of needles and resisted checking her blood sugar, only to pass out.  During one of those times, my friend, the girl she mercilessly teased and insulted, ended up saving her life.

I am happy to say that the girl (now a woman) has since apologized to my friend and has become more empathic to those who struggle with illnesses and health conditions.  She is also taking care of herself more.

Did I wish for the girl to get diabetes?  No.  Did I wish for Limbaugh to get cancer?  Never.  But I feel a sense of hopelessness that so many people seem to have no empathy until they themselves suffer from the same problem/health issue/bullying/cruelty that they put others through.  Why is it that some people cannot sympathize for others?  Or, even worse, seem to go out of their way to make their target's life harder than it already is.  My friend is a good person who is truly guided by the light, and I am glad that I have the privilege of knowing her.  

But my struggle is this: Would the girl have developed empathy had she not suffered the same affliction?  By the same token, will Limbaugh finally put aside the "game" to reach his inner light and turn over a new leaf?  Will he develop a sense of kindness, or will he continue to serve bigotry and darkness?  

For that matter, is it too late for Trump supporters?  All of us here hope that they wake up and embrace the compassion that is second nature to the rest of us, but my life experiences have taught me that not everyone does so.  Some people, like the girl, only learned empathy after she experiences the hardships of the victim she teased.  But should we hope for that?  My spirit instinctively says no, because I believe there are some conditions that you would never wish on others (health issues included, especially as so many of my family have suffered cancer).  But even more tragic, I believe there are Trump supporters who may never change, regardless of what occurs to them.  If the majority of them suddenly lost their homes and jobs due to a tanking economy, would they continue to support Trump?  My instinct tells me yes.  That regardless of what Trump does, they will never change their minds.  

That is why I feel so empty right now.  I have lost all hope that Trump and his supporters will ever develop compassion and embrace the light.  Whether things stay right or if they suffer from the same cruelty/hardships they impose upon others, it won't matter.  So in a sense I have closed myself off from feeling anything, because I have lost my faith in them.  And that scares me so much.  Because without empathy and compassion, I feel I may be turning into them. 

TriciaCT, CC21, Tiger-n-Owl and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

@laura-f

Thank you for your support.  But I am frustrated because I believe that even with cancer, Limbaugh will not change.  He will continue to peddle his bigotry and cruelty until he draws breath. 

I admit that I want him stopped.  I want him to stop, just like I want Trump and his supporters to stop their cruelty.  Never in my lifetime has there ever been a period where the ones in power have taken such delight in the torture of anyone they deem unfit to be in their country.  And it's not just political opponents.  Immigrant children.  Children and families who are victims of school shootings.  Soldiers who gave their lives for their country.  Muslims.  People from "liberal" states.  Women he assaulted.  People who have never once did harm or spoke a word against Trump are still being tormented by him.

Do I want Limbaugh (and by extension, Trump and his followers) to die?  NO!  Never!  But do I want them to stop their behavior?  Absolutely!

So here is my problem.  If all goes well, Limbaugh will beat his cancer and, in the process, learn empathy along the way and come back as a new champion for conservatives.  One that argues for their ideas but doesn't resort to cruelty against his opponents.  But what if he doesn't?  What if he never learns?  What if Trump and his followers never learn?

Maybe that is why I am so numb to Limbaugh's suffering now.  I don't delight in his cancer, but neither can I find myself to care for Limbaugh, the person.  Believe me, I tried.  And I will continue to do so.  But I suspect that my loss of faith as to the salvation of Trump and his allies because their behaviors have left me unable to see them as human beings, because they themselves do not show human compassion towards others.

I want to be able to see them as humans again, and not as agents of evil.  Is that wrong, or would my energies be better served to just block myself off of trying to care for them since they show little if any inclination towards redemption?  Would my hopes be better served to just stop caring and focus my energies on the victims to help them along until Trump and his forces are defeated?

Unk p, TriciaCT, CC21 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

I happen to love this version of the Serenity Prayer.  Perhaps it will help some of you who are currently  struggling in the age we find ourselves living  It can easily be adapted for your own personal beliefs.

God, grant me the courage to change the things I can change,
the serenity to accept those I cannot change,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

But God, grant me the courage not to give up on what I think is right,
even though I think it is hopeless.
Amen.

Lilinoe, CC21, ghandigirl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@lovendures

I really, really love that. 

Thank you for posting.

deetoo, Lovendures, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@allyn Do both.

Unk p, TriciaCT, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

Hi, I called my vet ( which now does a lot of dog grooming) to make an appointment  to have a cat spayed. They said they had to have a pre surgery appointment before they would schedule surgery. That's two appointments. That means more money. They've never done this before. I'm going to look someplace else, but if they want to cut down on population, they would make it cheaper.

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@elaineg, unless your vet is willing to work with you regarding cost, I think it's smart for you to look elsewhere.  Sometimes local animal organizations or shelters can also help.  In my area one can find some resources through our local Humane Society or ASPCA.  They recognize the importance of spaying and neutering your pets.

ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@elaineg

We have had 12 dogs throughout our 29 years together. Our vet for the past dozen years does blood tests before any surgery to make sure they will be fine under anesthesia as even if the pet seems fine, there can be an underlying problem. We have experienced unexpected losses, heartbreaking ones, so we are extra careful.

One dog even died from a rabies vaccine. Not related to anesthesia, but just one example of things that can go wrong. 

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@elaineg, I agree with @anita about the importance of blood tests prior to any surgery.  I don't think any vet would/should do surgery without initial blood work.  But if cost is the problem and your vet is unable to work with you on that, there might be other resources out there.  

Aheartbegins, TriciaCT, Aheartbegins and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@deetoo

I live in a town of 8,000. This vet is the one that a one time had "Wags". The last time I had kittens, they said you keep them, and we'll post that you have them. I took a cat with a broken leg out to them. It cost me over a hundred, and I had to have him put to sleep because it would have cost more than $500 to fix him.

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

I know what I'm going to do, and it'll be OK, and I'll get all those kittens "fixed".

deetoo, ghandigirl, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Hi all

My new doc dropped the ball and didn't up my prescription, so after two requests that went unfilled,  I am slowly dosing back down on my bipolar meds to lower prescribed dosage by the psychiatrist. I find myself weepy and struggling.  

Luckily I have the most wonderful boyfriend who reminds me of good things and helps me. 

Luckily I have a few close friends who do the same.

I wish I could truly let go of the past, forgive myself COMPLETELY and move on. It seems to be a spiral and not a llinear process. 

Any healing energy from anyone here would be greatly appreciated. 

TriciaCT, FEBbby23, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@ghandigirl

Dearest @ghandigirl

We love value and treasure you

The truest healing comes from within your deepest spiritual center of connection to source.

To not forgive yourself is not to forgive any one else we love. To not forgive the other is to not see the other as our self and worthy of that love. 

I send you so so so so much love! I send you and surround you with the highest light of your better self and your highest angel.

I send you compassion and mercy for you to see and to feel and to grab hold of and never let go. Your partner sees you, loves you, treasures you and we do too. See through new eyes, a transformed heart. See you as I do now.

May her love and our love break open the shell that surrounds you and is creating this tight armor of misaligned and miss-assigned blame and pain and punishment that is an illusion of martyred suffering and atonement. 

True atonement is truly at-one-ment. To be one with all that is and ever will be. The one. The light. The good. The great.  And the most holy high of high. To be connected to you, your true and highest you!

Line up your heart to it's TRUE energy center and feel its connection to soul and over soul and love love love!

Be love ghandigirl. Be peace. Be your healing through this love to find the peace you so desperately seek. You are this love. You are this peace.

This is full moon energy. You are feeling her pull. Flow with not against the earth moon and star energy as we all move in our circles and our cycles and dance with acceptance instead of resistance to the eternal dance and the music of the spheres. You are the dance. You are the music. You are as we are. You are love and you are loved.

I love you ?

Lovendures, TriciaCT, FEBbby23 and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@ghandigirl, I'm so sorry you are struggling right now.  I will be holding you in the light in tonight's Full Moon meditation.   Sending you lots of love.

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

thank you my beautiful friends. 

I have been through so much, I am truly traumatized.

I will try 

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, FEBbby23 and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

i just now tried to join in on the meditation... I am a novice and wasn't sure what to do, but I tried to relax my heart and then I "heard" several voices say, "ghandigirl, ghandigirl, ghandigirl" Even as hurt and disconnected as I feel, I heard you praying for me.

deetoo, Lovendures, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@ghandigirl, how wonderful that, even in your pain, you opened your heart and heard those voices.  Not just ours, praying for you, but the voices of angels.   You are loved, dear friend.  Have faith that you will get through this difficult period.

Lovendures, TriciaCT, Aheartbegins and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 43 / 106
Share: