Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@coyote)
Illustrious Member Registered

@ghandigirl

So glad things are improving, ghandigirl. I detect in your posts a fierce desire to heal. Keep it up! We’re always here for you.

To everyone who deals with chronic sleeplessness: I’m in awe. Although I’ve never dealt with chronic insomnia, twice (first from 2011 to 2012 then from 2015 to 2016) I was enrolled in experimental drug trials. When both trials ended and I stopped taking the drugs, I experienced a week of extreme insomnia and general restlessness in which I only got 1 hour of tangled sleep each night. It felt like psychological torture. The value of those experiences is that they instilled me with deep respect for people who deal with insomnia on and off for years. Sleep really is such a vital thing, and it’s cruel when we can’t get it when we need it most.

TriciaCT, deetoo, ghandigirl and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @coyote

@anita I don't know what your spiritual beliefs are now, so this advice may or may not be helpful. But do you ever talk to your spirit guides? And I mean going to a quiet space and actually talking out loud, as if you were confiding to a friend. Because when it's just you and your guides, there doesn't have to be any dogma or formality. Forget the severity of institutional Catholicism. Your spirit guides are ancient friends, and they want to hear what's burdening you so that they can help you. I've only started talking to my guides in the past year, and the process makes me feel less alone, less rudderless. Usually I have these conversations before I go to bed or when I'm alone outside in a natural setting, but also sometimes when I'm driving to work in the morning,

This is great advice, although I'd add that in addition to just talking with your guides, to actually ask for guidance on solving whatever problem you're having.  Our free will gives us the freedom (and some would say the burden) of navigating this existance with very little "interference" from those across the veil.  It's part of the experience our souls signed up for...  However, it doesn't necessarily have to be that way.  One of the lessons we're here to learn is that we are not alone, not seperate.  To realize, in fact, that everything and everyone is connected and a part of Love expressing itself in infinite ways.  One of the most amazing ways of learning this lesson is asking for guidance on solving a problem and then watching as, suddenly, everything starts to fall into place.  You may start getting an urge to do something you've never considered before; a friendly stranger might tell you about an experience they've had; you might stumble on an article with great insights; or the answer may just pop into your head one day as in "Go do this."  In any case, you may come out the other side feeling like "Wow, how did that turn out to be so simple?"

In fact, a great, kind of all encompassing thing to ask for is "Guidance so that my life may flow for the Greatest and Highest Good"

@anita  I was also raised catholic, so if your belief system doesn't include the concept of spirit guides, it's fine to just ask Jesus, The Virgin Mary, the saint of your choosing, or even God for the same type of guidance.  If it seems wierd asking God for guidance on something so mundane/small, just realize:  Why wouldn't an omnicient, omnipresent, all loving God be willing (and more than able) to guide his beloved children?

villager, Anita, CC21 and 17 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@triciact, thanks for the sound machine link.  What is brown or pink noise?  I have a very old machine from years ago.  It sometimes has static, so I think it's about to die.  It has about 8 settings (rain, ocean, etc.), including white noise.  The white noise seems to work the best for me.  The crickets setting drove me crazy.  (That's the city girl in me.)  I purchased another machine but had to give it away; it always sounded like someone was talking.   My husband heard it too.  Spooky.

Regarding your post on friendship and energy drain:  It really resonated when you stated  “If we aren't surrounded by a lot of friends sometimes we do put up with ones who aren't really best for us.”  That certainly has been true in my case.  What I’ve come to realize recently is if you’re always the one who gives support and aren’t even seen by the other person, that actually feels lonelier than if you are alone! 

I’m an introvert so I never needed or wanted a lot of social activity or friends, but I always had a few who were like soul sisters.  As I became increasingly ill, I found it difficult to plan things and sometimes to even get out and about.  Then a few of my good friends moved away.  The others that remained are either like the friend I described earlier, or friends who, for a variety of reasons, aren’t available.  I know that they love me, but they don’t have time for me.  I’ve come to accept that  fact.

Right now I receive most of my support from my husband and this community, for which I am profoundly grateful.  Although I do have ongoing health challenges, they are more manageable than they were 5 years ago.   Another reason to be grateful. 

I would like to find some new gal pals in my area.  So … you got me thinking and praying about it.  I have faith that the answers and friendships will come.

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@ghandigirl, I'm happy to hear that you got some sleep last night.    I'm also glad that the polyvagal exercise was helpful.   

You're doing all that you can to navigate this difficult time in your life, taking it a day at a time.   It sounds like you've got a number of coping mechanisms from which to draw.   I understand this is a daily struggle, and I admire your faith and resilience. 

May you have a peaceful sleep tonight.

TriciaCT, ghandigirl, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@deetoo

Thank you my friend. I am hopeful. 

@ Coyote

You are right. I am fiercely devoted to healing. It is the only way I can justify all of the changes in my life. I am my number one priority. It's self caring, not selfish. Can't give to anyone else if I am empty. 

Coyote, Anita, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@ghandigirl

I am just catching up on posts tonight... I hope that you are well on your way to Dreamland (hopefully bypassing Nightmare Town).  I'm going to add my 2 cents, I may have posted this before, if so, apologies.

I use Binaural Beats "music" for migraines and insomnia, you just listen calmly with good headphones (no earbuds!) or through a good stereo or bluetooth speaker system - you can even run it thru your TV soundbar if you have one.  It readjusts your brain waves. It really works. I'll put the link to my favorite just below.  You can convert it to mp3 and download it to your phone or ipod for easy access, or you can download it to a tablet or laptop or desktop (and maybe burn a CD from a desktop if you have that ability). Or you can just stream it and listen. It knocks me out without fail and I never get nightmares while it's on.

Binaural Beats on Youtube

Coyote, deetoo, ghandigirl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

I'm still sick, btw, y'all. No fever but it's turned into asthmatic bronchitis. I've finished round 2 of antibiotics, have used up most of my rescue inhaler and and anti-inflammatory inhaler, been through 2 bottles of B&T Nighttime Cough Serum, a bottle of Benadryl and 2 bottles of Guaifenesin. Have been sick more than well since Dec 9, and haven't been sick this long in nearly 20 years.

I think I need a healing booster shot, LOL! Send what you can when you can - just a little oomph, nothing too complicated, thanks and namasté ❤️ ❤️ 

Aheartbegins, deetoo, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@vagabeau)
Estimable Member Registered

Ginger and lemon tea with honey might help. I use real ingredients. No tea bags. This can also be taken cold over ice. I also use chopped garlic mixed with a tbsp of flax oil and swallow. Don’t chew or your breath will he horrible. Garlic will kill bacteria. Raw garlic may give a tummy ache on an empty stomach. Take after a meal or with a bowl of soup.

Coyote, TriciaCT, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@laura-f

Yes. I listen to delta waves sleep music every night, barely audible on my laptop. I used to listen to the binaural beats music years ago Both help tremendously. :)

I had asthmatic bronchitis years ago. I described it as being kicked in the lungs. I am imagining your lungs pink and healthy. Sending warm blessings and cool air to your lungs. Get well soon.

Coyote, Aheartbegins, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@laura-f, Good grief ... I'm sorry to hear that.  I'm sending you that extra oomph of healing -- using ghandigirl's image of pink, healthy lungs, breathing freely.

My hubby is still sick -- can't quite shake this thing.  He's finishing a second round of antibiotics.  His doc seems to think it's another bug, but how does he know for sure?   My bad respiratory bug is gone, but still feel like I'm fighting a cold (sniffles, fatigue, etc.).  So far I'm managing to keep it at bay with homeopathic remedies. 

A really tough year for so many people, in so many ways.

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@deetoo

Regarding the sleep unit, I actually use just the ocean setting. I tried the brown and pink noise but it's similar to white noise I guess. The brown wasn't as loud as the pink. Using the ocean setting I have noticed that when I finally get to sleep I sleep through the night and this morning I actually woke up from the alarm! (this is big for me). 

I like the advice from @frank and will try doing that affirmation too.  I have had so many friends from the past move away or after they had kids years ago they drifted away. I still have two really good girlfriends, my best friend moved back from Texas to CT several years ago. Was one of the happiest days for me since it's hard to find such good friends.

It's hard to just "reach out" to someone when you haven't in a while. I worked with a gal for years, then one day I just reached out to ask her if she wanted to have a drink. Now we have dinner once a month close by which is really nice. We talk and talk...so I guess it's sometimes a matter of just picking up the phone (something that so many don't do these days, they just want you to text them instead of calling first!)

I'm so grateful for you all here because I don't know what I would do with my active brain and feelings if I didn't have you all on this site to talk to. 

Namaste!

ghandigirl, Coyote, Tiger-n-Owl and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@laura-f

I'm so sorry you are going through this bought of illness with bronchitis and asthma!  Vagebeau's advice about the garlic, ginger, honey and lemon is a good one, but I would drink it hot. I also take a pot of boiling water off the stove, place some vicks or tea tree and eucalyptus oil in it and take a towel over my head to breath in the steam. I went through bronchitis years ago and that helped me, though I have never had asthma with it. I also use ASAP colloidal silver (found on amazon) when I get sick I take 3 teaspoons a day and also ionic zinc - at least 5 drops in water - I've noticed I fight colds off by taking the zinc every day.

I'll be praying for you and hope you feel better soon!

Coyote, Aheartbegins, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

Re: remedies - Just so everyone knows - I've been doing all of that stuff for years. This has just been a bad year for respiratory illness. Thanks for the reminders, though, I'm sure it'll help others too.

Coyote, deetoo, CC21 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

@laura-f  I did some energy work for you last night.  Your two lower chakra energy centers (sacral and root) had some blockages which I was able to clear.  Of course, there was also a very dense energy around your chest area.  It took some time :) but I think I was able to get it cleared out as well.  I sense a lot of inflammation in your body in general (likely from the illness) so I would recommend eating as many anti-inflammatory foods as possible  and maybe looking into some supplemnents (like tumeric).  Also, you need to keep your energy flowing in order let your body start to heal itself (inflammation tends to cause energy blockage).  Try visualizing light coming down through your crown into your body through your lungs (dissolving any darkness away) and passing down through your feet into the ground.  You can do this for as long or short a period as you like and as often as you want.  Just follow your intuition.  Hope this helps :)

Coyote, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@frank

Thank you.

Im not used to asking help from my spirit guides because different people have told me I have different guides than what another has. So I don’t know who they are.

i used to pray to Mary all the time, but as my belief in the Catholic Church waned, so did my prayers. 
Anita

Coyote, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@frank

Your description on how to ask for help from our spirit guides/ the saints/ God is beautifully and so thoughtfully written.  I loved reading your post, it connected with me deeply.    

I also enjoyed reading your description of the energy healing you did for Laura F.  There were even some  tidbits for us all to think about to help us all.

I am so glad you recently joined our community.

villager, TriciaCT, Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@frank @lovendures

Lovendures said what I was thinking! Frank - I loved your description of how to ask for help from God/Spirit Guides, etc. I have been following with interest the discussion on various threads about those of you former Catholics who either utilize what works for you from that tradition, or have dropped it entirely. I am Catholic, but take everything with a large grain of salt and have had my own journey of doubt, etc., but still enjoy and find connection with its rituals (I also grew up in the Byzantine/Eastern rite tradition, so there are differences in ritual between that and the Latin Rite.) It is all so interesting and I am learning to let go of "have to" and embrace what works. It is reassuring and enlightening to see how each of you interpret your spiritual side and what that means for your personal rituals. And yes, so glad you have joined the community here, Frank!

TriciaCT, Michele, Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@Frank

Thanks, namasté, and I accept your healing with gratitude. Woke up feeling slightly less congested, and my home pulse ox measurements are back up into normal range today.

If I gave the full list of stuff I do to boost my not-great and autoimmune addled immune system, you all would think I'm nuts! suffice to say everything suggested on this thread I'm either already doing, or have tried it in the past and it wasn't for me. My diet is also pretty restrictive.

I've decided to make a special dinner tonight - Fessenjan. It's a Persian chicken dish, with ground walnuts, orange and pomegranate juices, and I'm also making some turmeric-cilantro rice to go with it.

TriciaCT, CC21, Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

@anita

There's no need to ask any specific person/being for guidance.  You can simply ask Spirit/The Universe/Love or whatever feels right to you.

BTW, since we been conversing on the forum, I've started to get a "feel" on your energy.  I "see" your energetic body wrapped up in bandages, almost like a mummy.  It looks like you originally used the "bandages" in an attempt to heal and then later for protection, but now they are just stifling you.  The thing is, your very basic essence, your soul, is like a star. Not much can hurt a star, but it's light can be blocked.  You are very empathic and intuitive and so any low energy that you come across in the world feels like you are being bombarded by meteors.  Meteors CAN'T harm a star.  The star just pulls that meteor in, breaks in down into it's most basics parts and sends it back out as life giving Light.  

If you're so inclined, I have two different visualizations that I think may help you:  

First, visualize that star at your center, your heart.  See it start to burn brighter and brighter until it burns/melts away the bindings that are trying to constrain you and then, keep going until you're so bright that all there is, is white light everywhere.

Second, whenever you feel overwhelmed by the world/people around you/your circumstances, etc. imagine those things as meteors going into that star, burning up and being sent back out again as even brighter light.

Hope this helps

Anita, CC21, Coyote and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

@lovendures @CC21

Thank you so much for the warm welcome.  I'm so glad to have stumbled upon this forum!  I'm hoping to be able to spread the Love wherever and whenever I can.  

Michele, CC21, Coyote and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 39 / 106
Share: