Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

2,106 Posts
95 Users
19080 Likes
135.7 K Views
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@Saibh

Similar issues here with toxic parents. You have NO obligation to let them back into your life in any way, shape, or form. It is NOT up to you to show them the path of healing, they have to find it themselves. And how you will grieve for them when their time comes is up to you, and if you don't feel grief you shouldn't feel guilty about that.

Meditate on sending healing love to yourself first, then to them. You have to nurture your own inner child, since you probably didn't get enough nurturing when you were a child.

I'm sending love and light your way. Shine on, Saibh, shine on.

BlueBelle, seaturtle26, Jeanne Mayell and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

Everyday, I go down to my former address to feed the stray cats. Sometimes I go a different way. Last week I went by an abandoned home where a horse is kept. It's been there for years, and there is always a big roll of hay, but not last week.   I started going that way every time. Now I don't know much about horses, but as I would go by, she would stare at me, like she wanted help. I went to the police and told them about no hay. He asked if she was skinny, I said no, but would he check, and he said he would.  I went by today, and still no hay, and she had her back to me. Now in cat talk, it means she's mad. I got out of the car, to give her some carrots,she turned around, but she would take the carrots, but I put them in her empty feed bucket, and she ate them. I bought some Quaker oats which the internet says she can eat, but I can't possibly feed all she needs.  I hope she gets help; I feel I've done all I can, except to give her some treats.

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@Bluebelle 

Blessings to you for this beautiful reminder that the losses in our lives, and the challenges of anticipating even more painful ones to come are not forever ones as nothing lasts forever except for love. And love is just sacred energy and as such cannot be created nor destroyed. 

It just is and always has been and always and forever will continue to just be there in us, around us and a part of each other and all things really and truly.

I have been in the Chihuly Glass Museum in Tacoma. And walked the beautiful glass ceiling bridge many times in one visit.  Glorious and amazing beauty all around.

Mystical and magical in all ways. The hot shop where they worked with the hot furnances turning the glass was mind blowing artistry that felt like a choreographed dance between the artists in each team. 

And that is how I often see our lives--an almost choreographed dance between one another frought with challenges but also filled with great beauty that is so intense it hurts our hearts to see and feel the sacredness of so much beauty and passion and love.

Attachment removed
Attachment removed

ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@elaineg

what an amazing person you are - you are wonderful. I don't know where you live but is there a rescue - even a horse rescue -- that can take the horse? I would be happy to do some research for you if I had more information.

ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@elaineg

This is a bad situation. Can you ask around to see who is taking care of her? Who owns her? Is there a sanctuary or rescue you can contact? She can’t live like this!

Anita

Aheartbegins, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

Sunday I felt like I walked into some dirt or a web while connecting lights outside. 
I tried for hours to clear my eye to no avail. Next morning I went to the eye doctor. Her tests showed a retinal tear and she sent me to an ophthalmologist. He did several more tests and loads of drops which I hate getting. He saw a partial retinol tear. Well, that is frightening to me. I had a repair using laser which was horrible for me to endure. Pain, lights like fireworks and felt I was being blinded. 
We have a trip to Disney World planned Dec 22nd. I’m getting different opinions about being able to fly. This has been planned for a year. 12 of us. 
Ive read that if I had a gas bubble put in place, I’d have to wait until it was completely gone before being able to fly. It already seems I won’t be able to go on certain rides, but I mostly want to be with family including my young great nephews.

im resting, not lifting, vacuuming, walking the dog. All the things I need to be doing before leaving. 
Does anyone have experience with a partially detached retina? 
I know there are trains, but Portland to Orlando is 3 days each way!

Anita

Aheartbegins, deetoo, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@anita

here's the deal - if you don't have the laser, you're going to need surgery. Also from what I know (I'm not a doctor, I just do research) there should be no problem with you flying. I had my cataract removed - though it was a short procedure, I know how you feel.  I would explain your feelings to the doctor and perhaps they can give you something stronger. I wish you the best. Some of this may help - apparently  flying is a problem if you have some sort of gas bubble implanted. https://www.medhelp.org/posts/Eye-Care/Flying-with-a-detached-retina/show/355283

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, Anita and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@suspira44

I live in Wagoner, Oklahoma. I don't expect much help. A couple of years ago when those 10,000 cows froze to death up north, I again complained about the horses (there were two then) didn't have shelter, and they had ice on them. They said, the owner took good care of them, and anyway, they are livestock.

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@elaineg

https://www.equinenow.com/rescue/wagoner-oklahoma.htm

also are the feral cats spayed and neutered?

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@anita

I had a retina tear about 15 years ago.  No-one suggested laser surgery back then so I probably am not going to be helpful to you.  The next day the eye surgeon did the surgery and put the bubble in my eye and ordered me to lie eye facing down for 21 hours a day for two months. I took the summer off and followed doctor's orders.  The eye healed perfectly. People said I was lucky because it was a bad tear.

I would err on the side of careful with a detached retina.  Not sure if this is the case with you, but my doctor said it detaches when  a myopic eye which is oblong in shape, stretches the retina too far.  My father had the same thing many years earlier.  

I would not fly unless the doctor says no problem.   If it's a retina tear, then it could be delicate for a while. But if you doctor says it's fine to fly and go to a big amusement park, then I'd probably go. 

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@anita, I've never had a retina tear, but about 1-1/2 years ago I had a hole in my macula.  The hole was repaired by implanting a gas bubble, which functions as a "bandaid" that creates a seal over the hole.  It didn't hurt, and I found it pretty fascinating to see the colors as he was doing the surgery.  (I was even commenting to my doctor a lot as he was operating, at one point joking that the pretty colors made me think I was back in the 60's.  I found out later that they didn't give me enough anesthesia).

The worst part about it was having to keep my head in a face-down position for three days following the surgery (there are things you can rent that help with that).  In my particular case, the face down position was necessary to ensure that the gas bubble would seal the hole.  (I don't know if a gas bubble, or face-down position, is required for healing a retina tear.)  I was told that I couldn't fly with a gas bubble in my eye.  It took about 4 weeks for the bubble to completely go away.  It was a strange experience and a PIA, but manageable.   The bonus of that surgery was that it also eliminated the floaters I had in that eye.

I dealt with the healing process by telling myself that I could expect to have full vision restored (i.e. no bubble) in a month (it was).  I also realized how much they can do now to restore your vision, and felt very grateful to be alive now, when such medical miracles are available to me.

About three weeks ago I ended up needing cataract surgery in that eye.  The only issue for me with cataract surgery is heightened light sensitivity.  The bonus is that colors are truer and much more vibrant.

What I would suggest is to ask your doctor whether you need surgery, and if so, the risk in waiting until you return from your holiday to address it.  Since it's a partial tear and the retina isn't detached, it might be possible.  I'd also ask the doctor if the tear could repair itself, without surgery.  In my case I was told that I could wait a bit, but since I'm a worrier, I chose not to.  I scheduled the surgery about 7 weeks before we went on our beach vacation.   Other than needing to wear sunglasses and avoiding windy days on the beach, it was fine.

I'm really sorry about this, Anita.  And to top it off, the timing sucks.  You will be okay.  I'd just get more information, and take it a step at a time.  Please keep us posted, and take good care of yourself.   I'm sending healing light your way.

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@michele-b-here-in-the-forum

Your post was wonderful as always and the photos exquisite. One photo was too large for the site so it had to be removed. We need to keep them to below 20 kb or they cause problems.  I have an app that compresses them but it only compresses so far. 

TriciaCT, Michele, Aheartbegins and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@deetoo

Thank you. It is a partial detachment, though, and that scares me. I see the doctor again on Thursday. The thought of blindness is petrifying and that word has been used as a possibility if I don’t take care of this. 

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, deetoo and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

Thanks, Jeanne. Laser for a partially detached retina might be newer. I’m not sure. I don’t know what caused it as I’ve had great vision and no predispositions to it. I have a friend that needed her head down for 3 days as well. That would make me loonier than I am.i know I can’t fly if it’s a gas bubble. Knowing I could go blind, as the doctor said, if I don’t get it treated, is one of my worst fears. 
Anita

TriciaCT, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@anita, I understand your fear.  I had it too, which is why I chose to have the surgery earlier rather than later.  I do understand that with a serious eye problem like detachments, holes and the like, the possibility of blindness would certainly exist if you don't address it. 

You questioned why this occurred for you.  In my case, my doctor blamed my aging eyes.  Macular holes are more common than we think.  I don't know the reason for retinal detachments; I think it's a mixed bag. 

My question for the doctor would be, is this something that you need to address now, or could it wait until you get back?  See what he says on Thursday, and go from there.

❤️

TriciaCT, Jeanne Mayell, Aheartbegins and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@deetoo

Yes, I think he said that blindness is a possibility if not taken care of. He retires on Thursday. What timing. But I think he will tell me then how it’s healing. It’s amazing that he sees about 60 people a day. It seems insane. Because I took a minute to put on my jacket, he went to another room!

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@elaineg)
Famed Member Registered

@suspira44

The ones at the old address are. Somebody dumped about six kittens. I caught four of them which will get neutered soon. They are in the house now.  I'm having a little trouble with new cats at my new place, but when I moved back to my old property  three years ago, I had about ten cats neutered, and brought them with me. I only have two or three new kittens here, but I can't catch them. 

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@elaineg

You have such a big heart, Elaine. If you are having them neutered at your own expense, please do look into free programs through feral  community, and stray cat coalitions.

We took in community cats and one feral one that I was able to tame bit by bit and had ours all neutered at our expense years ago at low cost clinics but now most humane societies have low cost programs and feral, abandoned, cats and kittens are taken in by foster families then adopted out. They humanely "box trap" the feral cats checking boxes twice a day.

We can also borrow these boxes call their  number for pickup and vets donate the spaying, then release them in home locations.

Buts its best to actually get them into loving homes with others and recoup medical care needed, test for feline disease through their adoptiln fres so they aren't spreadibg disease etc.

You're so caring but you can't worry and care so much when it then makes you sick with worry.

I know for me, once my heart feelings get going on causes it's easy to not see the bigger picture and exhaust myself trying to care for too many when sometimes it's me that really needs someone's care.

This is what my heart tells me about yours. Kindred spirits who both need more self care. Big hugs to you ?

ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@jeanne-mayell

Thanks for your nice comment and an oh phooey for my photos. On my phone they loaded perfectly with no clue to me about sizing.

Visually they were the same size. Perhaps it was two combined that did it.

I see now that Bluebelle used one photo per two posts. Smart woman ? Now, I know. Haha. So thank you!

Trying loading again for the gorgeous deleted one and again no size shown to me.

Hoping the just a one is ok.

Attachment removed

The ceiling of the Chihuly Glass Bridge, Tacoma Washington.

TriciaCT, Aheartbegins, TriciaCT and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@elaineg

unbelievable, you are the best. There are free programs that I think will even help you trap them - http://spayok.com/okspay.php

TriciaCT and TriciaCT reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 31 / 106
Share: