Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@polarberry)
Illustrious Member Registered

My personal beliefs about dogs (and cats!)

1.) When the end comes, they know how much they are loved.  Even if the decision has to be made by their person to help with that end, they know and understand.

2.)  They want and need us to be there with them if possible.

3.)  There is an afterlife for our pets.  No creature who has and gives an endless supply of love, faithfulness, understanding and forgiveness like our furries gets anything less.

4.)  They know our love.  They know.

Anyone who has ever lost a beloved pet knows the pain of that loss.  We also wouldn't trade the love, companionship and memories for anything.

❤️

BlueBelle, Paul W, LalaBella and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Polarberries,

Right on! And the same goes for all conscious and scentient life in my book!

I have been at many bedsides and pet bedsides and the passing time while not always easy seems far easier in pets. Those who were deeply loved and cherished, radiated that love even stretching, grooming, and relaxing in the patches of sunlight before quietly and suddenly moving on.

Those that may not have been loved during their lifetimes often find places where they are. I cannot even count the number of  strays finding my own home during my lifetime and at least ending with food, attention, and love.

I miss and still mourn the memories of those uniquely special ones and only need to see a photo or feel a deep seated memory to touch the very heartbeat of that love and time, however brief that we shared. Regrets, oh yes! The why did i let them outsides etc. Since time and place are often of their choosing not ours.

Even now, my last little orphaned pregnant mother's cat child is on the threshold. She's living, eating or not eating on her own terms without judgment or intervention during these days.

I just go out to her in the area where she feels safest (blind and deaf) and stroke and love on her. She purrs in her sleep and its beyond touchingly sweet.

Purrs when she eats, when she locates her water bowl. No discernible pain just the long passing of time as shes goes from bed to litter pan to food or water dish. 

Humans are so much more complex. We often die as we lived alone, or in a crowd, purpose driven,  or accidentally, due to a lack of caution or thought or overy bravery flaunted self-care. It doesn't matter the cause it just happens beyond any of our control unless its at the vet's then its a circle surrounding of love even then.

Unlike humans who often carry their shells permanently around them animals are so easily pleased, so joyously happy, often content with the tiniest of things.Loved and lost and yet still losing others, life is often hardest on those they leave behind.

And to all here, gone, never truly gone,  just send your love and missings and gratitude always for all our time is shorter than most of us ever thought or realized for any and all forms of life, any or all sentient beings.

???

BlueBelle, Lovendures, Paul W and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I have a friend, Patty, who was suddenly diagnosed 4 months ago with stage 4 of an extremely rare, adrenal cancer.  She's already been through numerous surgeries and chemo.  Right now she is in the hospital, recovering from pneumonia.  I am asking if you could send prayers and light to Patty and her family.  Many thanks.

Lilinoe, LalaBella, BlueBelle and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

deetoo,

Absolutely and in a heartbeat!

((  Blessings in abundance to Patty and to all who love and care for her? ))

We are all here for all of you in our hearts, thought, and prayers.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, CC21 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@deetoo

Sending love and healing to your friend, Deetoo.  Watching angels circling her with candles lit to bring light and joy to her.  

Unk p, deetoo, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Thank you, everyone, for your thoughts, light, and prayers.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Hey Deetoo,  praying for your friend Patty.   Pls keep us posted on how she is doing?        Much love to you

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pacosurfer)
Noble Member Registered

So I had to block a facebook "friend" today for comments he made that the recent shootings in El Paso and Dayton has nothing to do with Trump.

I made a comment that with Trump's rhetoric, he has blood on his hands, especially with the El Paso shooter writing an anti-immigrant manifesto before going on his rampage.

Once again, I feel like I'm living in a twilight zone. He said if I blame Trump for these attacks, I have to then blame Obama for all the shootings that occurred under him. He said it's mental illness, not guns or Trump. 

I need some support. I feel really like I'm losing my mind.

Jeanne Mayell, Paul W, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

well, it seems that in these shootings, people are responding to Trump's rhetoric. There have certainly been some mentally ill or whacked out people who have done shootings in the past, like the kids with arsenals in their rooms that their parents didn't know about, but I think these are different. And the big problem is the guns. It's like Moscow Mitch - how long can he pretend he cares about election security and kill bills? How long can the Republicans take money from the NRA and do nothing about gun control? It seems infinitely to me.

I heard Obama speak on gun control at a press conference, and he said he couldn't do anything because of the House and Senate. He told people, when you go to vote for someone, ask them where they stand on that one thing and vote accordingly. Otherwise nothing will change. And nothing has. It's gotten worse.

And it was reported today that in places where Trump has held rallies, hate crimes are up 226 percent. Maybe your friend should chew on that.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pacosurfer)
Noble Member Registered

@suspira44

I think he is starting to realize Trump ain’t the hero he thought he’d be. And he is a big gun guy. I’m just so tired and headachy from this.

Suspira44 and Suspira44 reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@pacosurfer

You're not losing your mind. What I think is happening is that this is what foreign potentates want, i.e., a civil war in the US, after which they can divide up the spoils. It's no coincidence that these are all white, male, americans doing the shooting. They feel they have been disenfranchised for so long that now they are entitled to take back what they think is theirs through violent expression of their butt hurt feelings. They are mesmerized by Faux News and literally cannot see the forest for the trees.

Here's a video that really cheered me up today, from Turtle's public appearance in his home state KY this weekend:  Moscow Mitch at Fancy Farm tagging @YogaGirl - in case you hadn't seen the full one! He basically got drowned out by protestors booing him and chanting "Moscow Mitch". Really gives one hope.

Unk p, Jeanne Mayell, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pacosurfer)
Noble Member Registered

He was actually celebrating the fact that he denied Obama’s Supreme Court pick?

he is evil

Unk p, Lilinoe, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@pacosurfer, you've got your eyes wide opened.  A percentage of people are in such denial.  I believe that's why it's so maddening and hurts so much.  Remember that you're not alone; there are more of us than those who support this insanity. 

You can't reason with them, so I don't even try.  They hear the inflammatory rhetoric. They'd never find it acceptable if it were Obama doing it. In his manifesto, wasn’t the El Paso shooter railing against the threat of a “Hispanic invasion”?  Where have we heard that before?

No, T. did not pull the trigger, but he’s given license for this kind of hatred to fester.  These groups look for a leader, and they believe they’ve found it in T.  As president, T**** sets the tone – either one of inclusiveness and unity, or divisiveness.  Obama was a unifier, not a divider. 

I don't believe that MM's shoulder accident was a coincidence; what I mean is, I sense he's feeling the stress of what's happening around him, lost his bearings and fell.  I'd also like to believe that he's feeling some responsibility and guilt, but I'm not holding my breath.  

Unk p, LalaBella, Unk p and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

@laura-f

Watched that video. Wow.

Pacosurfer, wrapping arms of support around you.  Thank you for standing up for what you believe and not backing down. Blocking people on FB is a healthy option. 

Baba, deetoo, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Also, there's no law that you have to log in to FB every day. Take a vacation. No need to deactivate (although I did and I'm so much happier), just don't log in. And turn off all notifications. Start with 1 day and work your way up to a week at a time. Very refreshing.

deetoo and deetoo reacted
ReplyQuote
(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

@pacosurfer

I feel much the same way, but I have now since summer of 2016. When he started to win all those primaries.

Ron Wyden is one of our senators in Oregon where I live. I went to his town hall nearby today. He took questions. One woman said she wakes up sad. She watches MSNBC and she’s sad. She goes to bed sad. I related so much that I forgot the answer. Someone else asked if there is another way to stop McConnell. Wyden said that there are elections and we need to vote. That’s sad because we can’t trust our

election results, definitely in Kentucky. 

Watching our country get further down this rabbit hole is so discouraging. It’s as if trump has all these cousin Eddies, like the one from the National Lampoon movies.

Dimwitted, but he wants to do what Clark wants someone to do. Now these

white supremacists are the new terrorists. 

Land if somehow trump doesn’t win in 2020, trump will call it rigged and can you imagine the violence then from people who believe they are patriots? This guy needs to be kicked out sooner than later. But will the republicans impeach him? Not likely.

That’s pretty depressing. If masses of good people don’t rise to a level never before

seen in this country, I fear we are going to lose it.

Anita

deetoo, LalaBella, deetoo and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

Someone just said that Moscow Mitch broke his shoulder while patting himself on the back.   Ha!

Lilinoe, deetoo, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@erkmen-savaskan)
Reputable Member Registered

Hi everybody,

It has been a while since the last time I visited the site. I am going through a very complex and extremely traumatic period of my life. I do not feel comfortable to explain everything here but you can assume that every facet - but really, every facet - of my life is being challenged and tested very strongly right now. Please send me your insights, energy, readings whatever you can, I'll be very grateful.

Love

BlueBelle, deetoo, Michele and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Dear Ernie and all of the others reading this now,

It is so very nice to hear from you, Ernie  again especially now when you need the love and support of those of us who will understand.

For all others expressing now with so many similar energies,  welcome!

We may not specifically understand where this life's journey has brought you or why you are being challenged and filled with such a sense of overwhelming emotional energies right now but we can still share in our empathic love,caring and support.

We are here for you. We can feel your pains as if they are our own. In many ways they are our own almost of us have or are experiencing many bone deep shaking ups in our own lives. We have felt fear and worry and anxiety while still having strong understandings that we will get through anything and everything the universe throws our way.

You are connected to each and everyone here no matter how well we may know you or have ever read anything you have posted here. We know You as we know and recognize each other. 

Bless you for having the strength to recognize your need of support and a kind of support that comes from those who know loss, who know suffering, who known what facing an unknown future feels like.

There is so very,very much happening to all of us now and the energies of change and transformation (in whatever sense) to us both individually collectively as we swirl around day to day can be very intense.

And most of all know that whether anyone or only a few can truly relate to what we are individually going through, we all know how we would feel and what we would need. 

We reach out to you, hands outstretched, arms circling around you, hearts open and loving and filled with the radiant light of compassion, and love and faith in each individual within each and every place and state of being has an innate strength to be strong enough, deserving enough, and worthy in all ways to be filled with hope, grace, and mercy with the love af all that is universally divine and blessed and we love and bless you.

Each of us, each individual,each family, each town,city, country or nation is on a path that while we may not understand it physically, mentally or spiritually is still understood by small still voices within us, it is sense of peace we long for and that is what we each must seek each day. Find the time and place to reach out to the universe and feel peace in any form it comes. Light a candle,  say a prayer, reach out to another.  Right now there are so many in the same or similar places you are. You are not alone.

Today and everyday  you are with is. Now and forever we are family. You can get through this. We are here with you and so many, many more are lifting you up, holding and surrounding you with light and grace.

???

BlueBelle, deetoo, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Hold on to what is good
even if it is
a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe
even if it is
a tree which stands by itself.
Hold on to what you must do
even if it is
a long way from here.
Hold on to life
even when it is easier letting go. 
Hold on to my hand
even when I have gone away from you.

Hopi Prayer

Ernie,

Thank you for reaching out to us.  As Michele so beautifully stated, we are family, and we are here for you.  I'm sending you all of the love, support, and healing that your heart can hold.   

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 12 / 106
Share: