Notifications
Clear all

If you need support, understanding, and love, let us know here.

(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Oh Jeanne, I am so very sorry for your loss.  Kitty looked so very sweet, truly adorable.  How lucky you were to have her for three years.  How lucky she was to have you for that time.  These precious animals add so much comfort and joy to our lives and it’s a reciprocated love.  They love us back.  I am thinking of you and your family and sending you love and healing light.

Tiger-n-Owl, Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 CC21
(@cc21)

@jeanne-mayell

I am so sorry for the loss of your kitty, Jeanne. She was just beautiful. Sending you lots of love.

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

I am very sorry Jeanne.

Perhaps you were not supposed to know about her disease so that your time with her could be spent without worry or fear.  Instead you had 3 beautiful years to enjoy and love her without fearing she was nearing  that "3 year mark".  You were given the chance to say goodbye as well which is a blessing.  

She was lucky to have you was a mom and you I am sure were lucky to have her as well. I can imagine you sending her lots of love and light  during her final hours.  She knows she was loved.  

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pacosurfer)
Noble Member Registered

@jeanne-mayell

I'm so sorry for your loss.

After losing my doggie this May, I read online, "Animals are pure love in a painful furry wrapper."

They are only meant to be with us a short time, to teach us lessons, or just to give us love.

What was your kitty's name?

deetoo, Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Oh Jeanne, I'm so sorry. It's hard enough to say goodbye to our furry babies when it's their time, but she was so young, which I know from experience makes the grief worse.  She looks very happy in the photo, and surely the time you gave her was quality time. As you do your meditations, invite her to join you. I find that departed pets are adept at "popping in" once in a while.

deetoo, Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@paul-w)
Noble Member Registered

So sorry for your loss. My wife and I always have a family "pack" of dogs that we have privilege of caring for (I don't consider for one minute that we "own" them). Through the years we have lost more than one of our dogs to cancer at a relatively young age. In fact, I have a five-year old golden battling lymphoma right now.

I can tell you from my own experience that more than one of our beloved dogs has come to me in my dreams after they had passed. Another is my jogging partner according to an animal communicator that we know. (I carry on quite the conversation with him as I run.)

In short, they are never gone. They have just gone ahead, arrived safe, and will patiently wait for us to join them. Love never dies. In fact, love is all that matters.

Baba, Unk p, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@shawn)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne, I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets are part of our family, and it hurts. I am sure your kitty felt your love and felt that you were with her during her transition. I am sure it was a comfort to her. She was a beautiful cat, and she was loved. Sending you my condolences.

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

You have all reminded me of what I most need to remember,--that this sweet creature knew I loved her completely.  She "talked" to me everyday and I felt I understood her many nuanced vocals and responded to her always with love. She talked to me all the way to the end.  

It's not just missing her funny goofy sweet presence, that is so hard, but wondering if putting her down was the right decision.  Going over it in my mind until I have to make myself just stop.  The ultimate choice was to stop the suffering and a belief, bolstered by a knowledgeable trustworthy vet, that patching her up with steroids and fluids would not be a life for her, if it even worked at all, and would prolong the suffering.

In the end, what helps me the most through this is knowing that I gave her love in every interaction we had, so I did my best.  It reminds me that no matter what happens in this world, giving love to others will help me through because I can't control this world, but I can at least know I did my best to make it better. Thank you all for guiding me to that wisdom. 

P.S. I know Mueller is live in Congress right now, but I had to turn off the Republican obfuscation so I will wait for the replay where I can skip over them. 

Tiger-n-Owl, Unk p, Paul W and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

Jeanne,

Your post tugged at my heart.  Your choice to let her go was out of pure love.  I feel that so strongly.  She loves you, and she understands.

I understand questioning yourself about whether it was the “right time.”  We had to euthanize our sweet dog, Gracie, about a year ago.  It was my first pet – I never knew how much one could love an animal until she was gone.  My grief was enormous. 

Gracie had cancer that had metastasized.  She was on multiple medications, and we would administer daily steroid shots for her pain.  My husband worked so I was home with her for most of the day.  I witnessed how much she struggled to pull herself up and walk.  The medication took away some of the pain, but created side effects.  She was often loopy, and slept a great deal of the day.   She still enjoyed eating, so we mistakenly listened to everyone who advised, “if they’re still eating, then it’s not time yet.”

One day when she was struggling to get up, I said to myself, “are we keeping her alive for herself, or for us?” Gracie was still eating, so I still questioned myself, but only for a short time.  I called my husband and said, “This is no quality of life for her.  It’s time.”  After my husband came home, we took her to our vet.  I asked Dr. Chavitz, “do you think we’re doing the right thing?”  He responded, “whatever you decide to do is the right thing.  You know Gracie better than anyone else does – better than I do.  In fact, many people hold on far longer than they should.  This is a holy partnership.”  We let her go that evening.

After we came home to our empty house, I began questioning our decision.  Suddenly I felt Gracie’s presence.  It was a such a joyful, lightness of being – not that weighted down, physical body that struggled to get through her day.   I feel that now for you, Jeanne – your sweet kitty’s lightness of being.  And I also strongly sense that she is with you now.  I can feel the goosebumps.  She feels your sadness, and sits very quietly beside you, to comfort you.  She understands why you let her go, and she feels your love.  And she’s sending that love right back to you.

Tiger-n-Owl, Unk p, Jeanne Mayell and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@natalie)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne I am so so sorry for your loss. My heart breaks for you and your precious fur baby. I too have a cat (mine is old) and I can't imagine the grief you are going through. I am sending you love, positive thoughts and all the comfort I can from a computer screen. I know your beautiful little kitty is in a positive place now, try to remember how wonderful she was in life. 

Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pacosurfer)
Noble Member Registered

When I had to put my doggie to sleep, it helped to listen to music.

One song that got me through it is “Let Her Go” by Passenger.

Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@herondreams)
Famed Member Registered

Very sorry for your loss, Jeanne. ❤️ 

ReplyQuote
(@robin)
Reputable Member Registered

Dearest Jeanne, I am so very sorry for your loss.

ReplyQuote
(@thebeast)
Honorable Member Participant

I am very sorry for your loss Jeanne . You took care of her all her life . You provided the love and afection she needed . As she crosses the rainbow you will be on the other side to receive her . To her, this timeframe will only feel like a second . And to a different Earth, more perfect Earth, you will welcome her . Thankful I am and all should be, to cross our paths with such a kind human being as you are Jeanne . You give me hope. 

Tiger-n-Owl, Unk p, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

So sorry for your loss, Jeanne. She had the best human that she could have hoped for and you gave her the best life possible. I am sure you will meet again. 

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, Aheartbegins and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

Jeanne, please forgive my tardiness - I thought I responded to this. But I get confused and couldn't find your original post.

My heart is really with you. Losing an animal is like losing a piece of your heart.

Someone once told me, don't be sad they're gone - be happy they were here.

Also, cats -- apparently having something to do with life in the wild - have the ability to hide an illness until right at the end. I have had this happen with several cats. They were absolutely fine, became ill, and died right away.  

You of all people know she is still with you. And I do believe you will meet again. (I really cling to that and as my sister says, that had better be true! Don't ask me what she's going to do if it isn't.)

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

Aw, Jeanne, I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost more than my fair share of pets over the years. I used to have Great Danes. Their life span is already short enough, but I ended up having too many who didn't even make it to average expectancy. I had to start getting smaller dogs (small to me-labs, goldens, border collies). It is always tough to make such a decision, but you know you've done the right thing for the animal. Suffering needlessly is too often the choice made because the owner can't let go. I'd rather have a broken heart and kick myself for having to make the choices I make than have the animal living in pain. Hugs!

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 lynn
(@lynn)
Illustrious Member Registered

Oh Jeanne, I'm just reading this now. I am so sorry for your loss. Our little furry ones hold such a place in our hearts and losing them is a pain like no other. Please don't second guess your decision to end her suffering. Our pets rely on us to make these decisions. It's a sacred responsibility. We can never be 100% certain but we must make the decision knowing that we love them and must act in their best interest. You did the right thing. Please know you will see her again someday, if she's not still hanging out in your home. (I have a departed chihuahua who still bounces around in my apartment.) I always say to friends that heaven is where we're all reunited with the pets we loved and lost. In the meantime, we are lucky to have them with us, even if for only a short time. xoxo

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, Aheartbegins and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

Love to you dearest Jeanne. 

Keep that big beautiful heart of your wide open and let all that love fill you up and out and to her sweet, sweet loving spirit.

Talk to her tell her you love her every single day but especially now until the bridge is completely built between you and her.

And cry and grieve and miss her with all your heart and soul for a piece of you is now missing. And you need to time to truly feel and truly process this loss that brings back so many other missings and losses.

But never ever forget she is still talking to you, still adoring you through the thin veil of one world, one universe, one dimension and this one. 

When your grieving finally softens ,soften  your own heart with it. Gentle your grief through time and space and inderstandings and you will be better able to hear her, feel the neverending love of this precious sentient little one,  and know forever and ever the connection through that special kind of love and all it brought you

You have been so blessed just to have had her in your life. But she was truly blessed to have you love her and love enough to let her go. 

Love love love.

???

Jeanne Mayell, Tiger-n-Owl, Lovendures and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

My heart goes out to you Jeanne, so sorry about your doggie!  I had to let go of my little one (he was a toy fox terrier) and it was 29 yrs ago, yet I still talk about him to my husband who never met him. My hubby is amazed how I still remember "Ibbles" like he was a son I lost not a dog.  You have our full support and love and I'm sending you some of that loving light right now. Blessings to you...

ReplyQuote
Page 11 / 106
Share: