Notifications
Clear all

Using prophecy to empower rather than scare people - any ideas?

17 Posts
10 Users
134 Likes
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

In 2010, I began posting predictions when I saw an epic drought would form in the Heartland in the mid to late 2020's. I wanted to post it because I thought it would get people to wake up to what we were creating, and then they'd take the actions to prevent it.  I didn't want to spread fear and panic in people's hearts, just a wake-up.  And now that the world has become much more chaotic and dangerous than it was back in 2010 when I started this process, I feel a new focus is called for. Something that empowers people.

But I need your help.  I know what I want to do, but I don't know how to do it.   I started by setting up the next Read the Future class as a Read the Positive future class.  (April 29 (Sunday) 7 pm eastern time)  Perhaps you could read what I wrote there to see where I'm trying to go. 

It doesn't work to just sit and meditate on the future because the mind defaults to the negative.  We naturally see danger and foreboding, because that is how the species survived.  But our visions can get  so dark that we give up hope.  

We need to see the negative forces that lay in our future, but not let them overshadow the light.  This world will be saved by people with the courage to see a light path even in the darkness - I call them heart warriors. 

Martin Luther King, Jr. said, Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  He was talking about hate.  But I think it's also true of fear.  We have to stay alert to what lies ahead but we also have to have courage to see the path through to the light. How can we use prediction in a way that doesn't debilitate and cloud our hope?  Should we stop doing it, except for seeing the positive?   

Another aspect of this issue is the extent to which seeing the dark affirms a dark future. Runestone1  (one of our wise contributors)  said that we have to affirm the positive, not the negative because if we get too caught up in the negative visions, we empower them. R1 if you read this, please weigh in. 

We had a Read the Positive Future night on the last Solstice (Dec 21, 2017).  We had many positive visions and they do foster hope. Yet the dark keeps persisting into our consciousness.  

But I don't mean that we should turn a blind eye to what is going on, good and bad.  When I hear people pink clouding, I cringe.  They sound foolish, setting themselves up for getting hoodwinked.  

So we need to be alert to what is happening in the future, but how to do that and stay very positive and strong?

Maybe I need to ask a different question when we meditate on the future.  Rather than, "what do you see as we go through time?" I should focus on seeing  the path of light as we meditate through time.

Ideas?  Thoughts?  

BlueBelle, Timo, Grace and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@enkasongwriter)
Famed Member Participant

Jeanne, you are right about the point that light drives out the darkness. I saw a lot of positive readings while I was meditating. I asked Zoron and he told me it will take 30 years, but I feel that that span is too long.

Luminata, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@grace)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne, I really like your idea of asking "show us the path of light" during the next group meditation. I think that is the right approach.

Luminata, BlueBelle, Timo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

My ancestors had a saying: "Tutto in moderazione" - Everything in moderation.  I think this a great idea but also feel it's important to not block out the negative completely. Focusing meditations on positive healing for the entire planet are wonderful, but I think balance needs to be kept. There can be no light without darkness.

Luminata, BlueBelle, Timo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@zoron)
Illustrious Member Registered

To Laura and R1's points, I have so many questions about assumptions I've made about light energy.  I send light to someone's high soul self so that I won't send energy directly to something, like cancer.  I learned to refrain from sending light into dark places of abuse based on the assumption that the darkness takes so long to build up for a purpose and sending light into it makes the abuser start all over again such as in the case of the abuse of someone, thereby perpetuating the abuse.  I would like to learn more about sharing energy because it seems like a sacred task and I want to respect it and I don't want to feed negative energy.

Luminata, LalaBella, BlueBelle and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

There is psychic power in our thoughts.

There is power in optimism too.  

There is a body of research in psychology that shows that people who are optimistic are more successful in their lives because they are more open to the opportunities, ie, the possibilities for success. (Psychologist Sonia Lubirmirsky writes about it.) 

Optimistic people push the envelope. They think of ways to get to the outcome they want.  

When a problem is hard to solve, it is the optimistic people who are most likely to solve it. 

When I worked for NYC mayor Ed Koch back in the early eighties, he had a plaque on his desk that read, “If you say it can’t be done, you’re right. YOU can’t do it.”

We now face the hardest problems.  So we need more than ever to focus on the positive  possibilities if we are to push through this. 

At the same time, as Laura reminds us, moderation is important, don’t go overboard  with the pink clouding .

No one has a perfect handle on timing when it comes to prophecy. I wonder if anyone had predicted back in the 1960’s that we’d elect a black president in 2008. 

Luminata, Grace, LalaBella and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@brandy)
Reputable Member Registered

45 years ago a psychic friend told me that I had a hard long road ahead of me but there was light at the end of the tunnel. 6 years ago I asked another psychic if she saw the end of that tunnel. She said no, but you have quite a few  windows in that tunnel.

I think this is where we are at. We are in the tunnel but there are windows to let the light in until we emerge from it.

Luminata, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Timo
(@timo)
Noble Member Registered

Jeanne, I find you to be a talented seer as well as a balanced and responsible light worker committed to finding positive change. You have an ability to attract and bring together others of like mindedness. I enjoy reading this forum. Thank You for the Good Work! I love your idea of encouraging Heart Warriors! I will try to join your class.

With that said, I agree with you, at times this sight can be dark. No one wants to see the dark! We want to shy away from it...or change it. Yet we can be attracted to it. Maybe we are supposed to be...It takes courage to see it. It also takes courage to confront it and transform it (The dark energy). You asked the question of how to empower people to see beyond the dark? Trying to "see" only the positive future is to deny the Now, to deny our shadow selves. We must embrace ourselves and our darkness. I think your ideas are moving into Spiritual Healing through manifestation and transformation. Jeanne, See what you see! This is your gift! Then transform it! The energy can be transformed! We are that creative, and that powerful! 

"A healer’s power stems not from any special ability, but from maintaining the courage and awareness to embody and express the universal healing power that every human being naturally possesses. — E. Leventhal

We are all Spiritual healers,  shamans in our own right. Healers are people who allow the energy of Spirit to flow through them in a way that guides, rejuvenates and empowers others.   I agree with you, we create our world. "Seeing" where we are going can help us to redirect our path, or fall into an abyss. It is our choice. When I was young I saw terrible events that were  going to happen, like accidents. Then the events enfolded exactly like my vision. As a kid I was terribly accident prone! This pained me greatly. So, I quickly learned to transform this energy. If I saw something "bad"  in my mind's eye, I blew up the energy, wiped the slate clean, so to speak. Then I created a new outcome, a new vision in its place.  This greatly enhanced my life over the years. I decided to use this "talent" in my career as a paramedic. Although I couldn't prevent the accidents, I could calm people and help them through their event. I was greatly encouraged as I could actually see the results of  "healing" energy with positive outcomes. 

I firmly believe we can change our lives "in the blink of an eye". Healers understand this. We can also change our world. This is not "pink lighting", although I may not quite understand this term. I love your Heart Warrior idea... I will leave you with the words of a powerful Leader and Healer, Sitting Bull: 

“Warriors are not what you think of as warriors. The warrior is not someone who fights, because no one has the right to take another life. The warrior, for us, is one who sacrifices himself for the good of others. His task is to take care of the elderly, the defenseless, those who can not provide for themselves, and above all, the children, the future of humanity.”

Luminata, Grace, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

When first drawn to this site, I was fascinated and frightened at the same time.  In sharing the site with my dear, gifted cousin for his insight, his response was, "this sounds about right."  Everything we read resonated with us in a compelling way.  Since then my cousin has passed and I'm grateful that we shared the mystery and wonder of these prophecies.  

Since then, I've participated in the Visioning sessions, in Jeanne's classes and read all the forum posts, learning so much from Jeanne, Zoron, RunestoneOne, Gracesinger, Michelle, Luminata, Asian, and so many more.  What we see in the future is not necessarily written in stone, but a possible outcome from various streams of future realities.  I have a strong sense that we are all drawn to this site, to this light work for a wonderful reason: to make a difference.  

If we don't acknowledge the dangers and possible dark avenues ahead, we won't understand what we are working against.  We need to keep that balance that all of you are writing about.  If you were diagnosed with a disease, you would want to research in order to better understand the prognosis and the treatment regimen.  If you were even worried about a particular disease, you would look into prevention techniques.  So, if we are able to sense the dangers ahead, we should be able to sense the positive possibilities that may help thwart the power of darkness.  

One thing this site promotes is the power of love, the power of healing, the power of unity in the face of adversity-I see it over and over again in the posts and responses.  The vast majority of participants speak that same positive language of love and healing and all these voices give me such hope.

However the visioning proceeds, let's strive for balance, acknowledging the potential dangers ahead along with the spiritual antidote.

Luminata, Grace, Laynara and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you, ALL of you. Your wisdom is wonderful and inspiring.

I love the windows in the tunnel even if the tunnel is so long that we can’t see the light at the end yet.

I will continue to have us see the whole picture on Read the Future nights and at the same time, set aside time for special focus in seeing the light path ahead of us.

Anyone who wants to keep posting here, please share your thoughts. This is a hard problem to solve. We need your thoughts.  

LalaBella, Luminata, Laynara and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

I just want to take a moment to express my gratitude for this site/forum. My online routine is to check email, FB, weather, and then head here. By the time I get to the weather, I'm usually feeling pretty down about the fate of the world. Then I come on here and I see all the love and light and it helps me re-set the tone of my day entirely. Thanks to all of you, much peace. ❤️ 

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Laura, So nice to hear this. Thank-you for your kindness to all of us.

BlueBelle, Laynara, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@luminata)
Noble Member Registered

All,

I'm late to this post, but my heart is positively Singing!  Yes, Yes, Yes!!!  

Jeanne, this is an ever present question of all of humanity, and you have hit on three essential elements

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that.  He was talking about hate But I think it's also true of fear.  We have to stay alert to what lies ahead but we also have to have courage to see the path through to the light. How can we use prediction in a way that doesn't debilitate and cloud our hope? 

Hate, Fear and Hope.

Hate is an extension of Fear - and Hope is the light that dispels Fear.  

Bluebell has it nailed here

If we don't acknowledge the dangers and possible dark avenues ahead, we won't understand what we are working against.  We need to keep that balance that all of you are writing about.  If you were diagnosed with a disease, you would want to research in order to better understand the prognosis and the treatment regimen.  If you were even worried about a particular disease, you would look into prevention techniques.  So, if we are able to sense the dangers ahead, we should be able to sense the positive possibilities that may help thwart the power of darkness.

We must see the danger ahead - which I think is the default position of prophecy, built into our human essence.  We are alert to danger, and are conditioned to see it readily.  What is often harder to see, and much less conditioned for humans, is an ability to find our way out of the danger; and even greater than this is the knowledge that danger, even mortal danger, does not necessarily translate to "the end".  We continue beyond our physical bodies, but there is great (and warranted) Fear about the "ending" and what comes next.  And all of this is individual.  We all have our own internal intuition and our methods of using that intuition are based on our own understanding of our place in the greater scheme of things. 

Balance is essential.  Not only for the individual, but for the collective.  We must call on ourselves to explore our own intuition - body and mind have signals as to when you are having an intuitive experience, and those signals are unique to each individual.  Evaluate what was right, and what was wrong in your assessment of the intuitive experience after events have come to pass.  The narrative Jeanne has put forth lately about us seeing the tipping point in events is spot on and very intriguing.  Understanding that both timing and events are fluid - and subject to change - is essential.  Communicating our understanding of this to each other and the general public is essential as well.  Being defensive or dismissive about our visions will not serve us.  Putting ourselves in a "special" class will not serve us.  Exploring what makes intuition work and sharing that knowledge with each other is what will serve us.   

And yes, we can see the dangers ahead - and YES we can see the positive possibilities to help us avert those dangers.  When we see the dangers - we need only ask for what solutions are available to us.  So simple, yet we are overtaken by the "emotions" of the danger and forget to ask for the best ways to avert it.  And acknowledge that others - our human and Spiritual counterparts have that answer, even if we cannot see it.

Love to all!

BlueBelle, Grace, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

Thank you, Luminata. You are so inspiring.  I'm hoping you and everyone here  can come to Read the Positive Future on Sunday, April 29th 7 pm eastern time.  Your power for positive perspective will shine so much light on our visions. 

I think people have different abilities to handle the pitfalls ahead. I have to remind myself and others to use empowering, rather than fear-mongering language, when we discuss dark events ahead. We can report what we see and leave out the scary emotions.  Instead we can try to show courage and belief in the light. 

I was listening to the recording of the female pilot of the Southwest Airlines whose engine exploded in midair last week.  Her voice when reporting the explosion and loss of a passenger was as calm as a cucumber.  She might as well have been telling a friend about a bake sale. The air traffic controller who was receiving her message had to ask her a second time to repeat what she said about the lost passenger going out the window.  I think she was just so calm he wasn't sure he heard her correctly.  The woman showed no fear. And she safely landed the damaged plane. 

I know I couldn't be that blasé, but I think we can take a page from her playbook in reporting what we are seeing ahead.  

BlueBelle, LalaBella, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

Thank you Jeanne and Luminata.  What inspired understanding and how very uplifting!

Laynara, Grace, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 vida
(@vida)
Reputable Member Registered

I feel fortunate that I found this thread today. This is something I struggle with a lot, as I'm prone to focus so much on worst case scenarios that, even when good outcomes flourish, I can miss them for being so anxious. 

I see a lot of allusion above to roads: when I was younger, I took a defensive driving course, and my teacher gave me a valuable driving tip that translates well in real life when it comes to projecting outcomes for the future. 

She said that, when driving, it's dangerous to focus your eyes on the area just ahead of the car, because it makes you reactive and unstable. Instead, we have to keep our eyes lifted to the horizon, at which point we automatically, unconsciously steer the car directly on toward our destination.

Similarly, I think that we all see positive things on the horizon; if we let ourselves bury our focus in the imminent obstacles, we risk harming ourselves and prolonging the journey, but if we keep our eyes on that bright destination ahead, we can mitigate the unhappy accidents on the way and even shorten the trip. This is what I have been telling myself ever since 2016 began to show signs of our collective descent into darkness.

RunestoneOne, Laynara, Grace and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

So wise, Vida. Thank you for this:  When driving, it's dangerous to focus your eyes on the area just ahead of the car, because it makes you reactive and unstable. Instead, we have to keep our eyes lifted to the horizon, at which point we automatically, unconsciously steer the car directly on toward our destination.  -- Vida

Laynara, vida, Grace and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: