Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Fibromyalgia and other invisible chronic illnesses

(@viola-eade)
Eminent Member Registered

@pacosurfer

Hi.

I'm really sorry about what you're going through. I've been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia for about 6 years. But I think I developed it earlier. Contrary to other patients that are in the dark. I believe I know exactly what was the trigger. I took care of my mother since I was 15. She had interstitial cystisis and with it, severe chronic pain. She got cancer during my time in University and I was her primary caregiver while I was simultaneously trying to get my degree in psychology.

I always was sensitive. A friend of mine told me I had "holes" in my spiritual body that made me permeable to other's energy.

Her agony was brutal. It was so, so terrible that in order to face the situation I was in,  I put on a -quite literal-Armor. I had to be strong, I couldn't yield to the circumstance. I couldn't show how completely devastated I was.

After she died I ended so traumatized and exhausted I couldn't even take that armor off. So I'm still dragging it. It has become symbiotic with who I've become.

I've tried a lot of things, some of them have been helpful, such as turmeric, ginger, Vitamin B complex shots, D vitamin, hot baths and topic cannabis oil.

About excersise: I'm only able to do ballet warm up exercises and light swimming. It hurts a lot the first weeks while your body is adjusting, but it will allow you to feel lighter and more flexible.

The most helpful tool has been spooning or pacing. You have to identify your limits. Get a sense of how much activities and efforts you are able to do in a day. I'm also very aware of my reaction to climate conditions. I'm sensitive to changes in atmospheric pressure and cold humid weather. 

If I get too overwhelmed by hypersensitivity or pain I try to meditate.

I hope you are feeling better.

I send to you a cotton hug.

(that's how we say take care in my support group in Chile)

MelissaH, deetoo, Pacosurfer and 5 people reacted
(@pacosurfer)
Noble Member Registered
Topic starter  

@viola-eade

Thank you! I really resonate with what you said about "holes in the spirit body." I have to imagine that Fibromyalgia is a way for the body to "bend, not break" We are under so much pressure and stress that's its out body's way to tell us to slow down. 

Cotton hugs to you!

MelissaH and MelissaH reacted
Page 2 / 2
Share: