Baths of Light, Circles, Meditations, Thoughts, and Prayers
I'm oscillating a lot lately between feeling energized and feeling lethargic and doubtful about the future. It's a vortex; tonight I'm feeling somewhat more energized, but I have no idea where I'll be tomorrow morning. Yes, it is the collective stress and grief combined with my personal situation, and I'm not the only person riding a similar roller coaster. I'm trying to get better at practicing grounding techniques so that I can ride out the turbulence. I'm also being forced to learn patience; a lot of my distress stems from a wish to see resolution right now. I know intellectually that healing doesn't work that way, and I guess now I'm being schooled on this aspect of healing through actual life experience.
I've noticed quite a few people on here lately indicating that they are having problems staying grounded: Having feelings of disconnection from your body, daydreaming excessively, feeling out of control, insomnia, excessive anxiety.
So I thought I would compile this brief list of practices that can help to bring us back down to earth, so to speak 😉:
The main way that we stay grounded is through our root chakra and, the lessor known, earth seed chakra.
The earth seed chakra is our shared energy point with Mother Earth and can be visualized as and earth brown energy point located roughly at the base of your feet. This chakra is what binds us to this planet. Every component of our physical body comes from the earth, thus, that energy is both part of us and part of the earth.
The root chakra facilitates the transfer of energy from the Earth to the rest of our system. It can be visualized as a red energy point located at the base of the spine. It is red because that is the lowest frequency of light (energy) and is closest to the frequency that Earth's energy vibrates at.
In order to stay grounded we must regularly balance and energize both of these energy centers. The way to do this is the same as with all energy work: Intent. However, since our physical body is the part of us that comes from the earth, manipulation of the body is also important (The body is basically how we put our intent into physical form).
....Continued from above
The easiest way to ground yourself quickly is by physically connecting with the Earth:
- Lie on the floor (sitting is also ok, but the more body contact the better), briefly focus on your heartbeat or breath (in order to center) and then feel your body merge with the ground.
- If you cannot easily get onto the ground, take off your shoes and firmly plant your feet on the floor. Imagine your feet becoming roots and pulling you down, deep, into the warm embrace of Gaia.
- Do some gardening. Get your hands into the soil and really feel the energy and connection with nature.
- Put on something that comes from the earth: metals, stones, minerals, etc. Focus on merging your energy with what you are wearing. Periodically recharge your objects by burying them in the earth for a day or so.
- Surround yourself with grounding colors. Put on something red and/or brown and again feel the energy being absorbed into you.
- Exercise. Anything that gets you focused on your body and out of your head
- Sex. The root chakra is located directly at the reproductive organs. That's not a coincidence. 😀
In order to help stay grounded even when we cannot do the above, we need to focus on balancing and energizing the grounding chakras.
Each time I meditate, I like to first go through a quick chakra energy and balance practice. For grounding purposes, spend extra time on the first two chakras.
- Begin by focusing on the earth chakra. Imagine an earth colored sphere or gem of light. Imagine that sphere growing brighter and larger until it fills the whole room with that color.
- Next, do the same with the root chakra, imagine a red sphere glowing brightly and flooding the room with red.
- Continue through rest of the color spectrum: ROY G. BIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet) and finish with the star seed chakra which is the mirror of the earth chakra (or our shared energy point with Spirit) and is the color of golden white light.
- Finally, in order to align the chakras, imagine the spheres connected by a taught rope and pulled fully into alignment from bottom to top.
... continued from above
Finally, food can have a very big impact on maintaining grounding, as eating is directly bringing the Earth's energy into our body:
- Root vegetables: beets, potatoes, carrots, onions, garlic, tumeric, ginger, etc
- Fermented and preserved foods: Yogurt, cheese, kombucha, pickled vegies, wine, beer, vinegar, bread, dried fruits, soy sauce
- Red foods: beets, tomatoes, berries, chiles, etc
- Earth's recyclers: Mushrooms, shellfish
- Minerals: salt, calcium, magnesium, potassium, etc
- BTW, pickeled red beets are like a super trifecta of grounding power, lol.
Hope this helps
Wow Frankie ... you got it goin' on! Love your take on the ' earth seed chakra '....
Tai Chi Chuan is also an excellent exercise in grounding and balancing, and has been used as a warm up for the martial arts as well, but is a gentle way to connect with the earth and our chi-flow 🙂
To those who were around after The Circle of Light tonight: Thanks for a great evening. While we were speaking after the meditation, my Internet went down. I heard that you were able to keep going for about ten minutes before Zoom closed the meeting due to the host not being there. Glad you kept going. From now on, I will assign a co-host who can keep the meeting going in case I lose Internet. Love to all. 😍 ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 🌹 🥀 🌺 🌻 🌼 🍒 🍓