Clear all

Anger is an Energy

25 Posts
10 Users
258 Likes
(@unk-p)
Illustrious Member Registered
Topic starter  

Tonite i was talking with a woman, a woman who i thought was an ally.  Stupidly, i assumed that any thinking woman, esp. an out lesbian one, was safe to talk to about stuff.  But she surprised my special little snowflake ass, when she told me that she actually supports the Turnip(!).  At first, i laughed.  Like, yeah, sure! haha!

But she wasn't joking.  She said she liked him because "he is down to earth, and isn't afraid to curse".    I said that i cuss sometimes too, but i don't think i should handed the presidency for it, but i can try:

absconding,assbackwards, and backassward, bone-spurring, chicken-chitted, child-caging, death-culturing dotard, elephant-extictioning, finger-fornicating, goon of a human being,intractably imbecilic -jack off, jerk off, jizz-whiz for the KKK, know knothing , lazy, , lingering, lumbering malignancy of narcissism to the nth degree.

Oh, Oprah,  help us now!

please

QRSTU

Velveeta-faced,voodoo economizing, , war-mongering womanizer,wigheaded, Xi xucking, yammering, yawning ZIT!

feel free to express your own anger here

deetoo, Lilinoe, Coyote and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

@unk-p

I never discount the value of anger. It has its place. Without anger, I'd never be able to do many of the things I have done in my life.  I have a better way of summing it up though, thusly:

F*ck me? No, f*ck YOU!

lenor, deetoo, BlueBelle and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

You go, girl!  We love you, all of you!  

Yesterday I got angry at  one of the democratic candidates who I feel is a sell-out.   I won't say who.  But after writing a scathing post and then deleting it because I was feeling bad at the thought of those who love this person,  I found a better solution. I gave a good donation to the candidate I love. And decided I'd volunteer to canvas for this person, the one I believe in.  Again, don't want to say who because I don't want to get everyone all fired up. It's a personal preference. 

Anger is an act of pushing away.  You are clearing  a safe space around yourself with your anger and pushing that other person out beyond that space.  So go for it.

So glad you started a whole thread on it. We can work with this! 

Love, love, love to you both. 

lenor, TriciaCT, BlueBelle and 15 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Anger and other negative emotions are just tools that tell us that something is wrong.  The problem is if we try to hold onto those negative emotions rather than processing them and learning from them. 

My belief is that as spiritual beings we willfully choose to come to this plane of existence and completely forget everything prior, in order to have the learning experience of trying to find our way back to the unconditional love from whence we came.  In this case, I feel your anger is telling you about an opportunity for growth.  It's easy to see a Trump supporter as just another monolithic "deplorable."  The growth opportunity is to look deeper and try to understand and find compassion for this person's pain, anger and fear that draw them towards Trump.

As for Trump, while many (most?) of his actions infuriate me, I only feel compassion and sadness towards him personally.  The fact that he is so damaged and in pain that his every action is guided by fear and anger is really heartbreaking.

lenor, deetoo, Lilinoe and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@villager)
Noble Member Registered

@unk-p, yes! I am with you. Anger is what will propel some protests to demand climate action this Friday in Australia. In a country that prides itself on being laid back, anger is emerging, and not a minute too soon.

lenor, deetoo, TriciaCT and 13 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@frank

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum!  Your post is a good reminder.  When we can take care of ourselves and feel loved, then we can have compassion for Donald Trump.  It is difficult for people to feel that compassion when they are in so much pain that they just need to push him away. When I have felt well cared for and done a Loving Kindness meditation where I focus my attention on him, then I see him and his enablers as little guys running around like frantic cartoon characters. They are about two feet tall. And they are so young and ill formed and so afraid. 

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, Aheartbegins and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@jeanne-mayell

I'll leave the compassion to you for now. I just can't evolve that far right now. Trumplethinskin, Papa Putin have ruined that for me for now. So I'll just keep channeling my anger towards them and all their associates towards actions meant to bring them down and to prop up those who suffer at their hands.

BTW, "Putin" means WHORE in several romance languages. Just sayin'.

deetoo, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@laura-f

I had to sit at a beautiful meditation retreat center for a week with the queen of loving kindness, Sharon Saltzberg, leading me, along with a hundred yogis whose hearts are wide open, for me to feel those feelings for that man.  I did not feel love, just saw him as a little crazy hyperactive tot racing around. It was two years ago. I'm going back this spring for another dose. I do it for my health, not for his.

TriciaCT, Lilinoe, FEBbby23 and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

@frank

Thank you for posting and welcome to the forum! 

Thanks Jeanne!  I hope I'll be able to add something positive to the forum. ? 

BlueBelle, Unk p, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

I'm not evolving. I don't feel sorry for him or his icky children.

I don't think it matters though. The last two days have convinced me the only people who care about world peace, the environment, children in cages, lying presidents, etc., are people on this forum and maybe a few people in New York and California.

Yesterday against my will I went to see Bombshell. Not because I have anything against it, there were other things I wanted to see but I had to compromise.  I came home and look at the reviews and I couldn't believe it. All anyone did was talk about how the liberals hate Fox News and how it was a typical left wing Hollywood movie.  Okay.

Tonight I watched Ricky Gervais on the Golden Globes. Now, I love Ricky Gervais and I know his commitment to animals. He really went after Hollywood. I thought it was funny. I went on line to look at the gowns later and read the comments. Yay, Ricky, telling off all those horrible Hollywood people, aren't they all jerks, a bunch of left-wing dingbats, no straight people, did Mayor Pete attend with his husband? And that stupid Greta Thunberg. Clint Eastwood would never attend one of those shows. EVERY SINGLE COMMENT. I have completely had it. Obviously there are NO liberals or they're hiding under a rock. I really just threw up my hands. And none of what I've quoted was on Facebook - it was all over the Internet. I take that back - not every single comment. The only intelligent one I read was in response to someone saying Hollywood knows nothing about the real world, they're all isolated jerks. The response was, try spending a week in Washington D.C. with your Senators and Congresspeople sometime. I have, and it's much more isolated and out of touch. Or words to that effect. I am so disgusted.

Tiger-n-Owl, deetoo, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@firstcat)
Prominent Member Registered

I once read an anger meditation.

Visualize your anger as a fire.

Breath in for 20 seconds or more.

Feel the force.

Allow it.

Let it burn.

Hold your breath for ten seconds. Be aware of it.

Exhale for 20 (or more) seconds

Know your anger can be used as a force for positive forgiveness, and action.  Do not allow it to consume you.   Could we do an anger meditation together?  Could we feel the flame of injustice burn inside us untill the vision for right action comes to us as a collective?  Perhaps this done in the style of read the future night?  I believe there is a positive way forward.  This is part of our awakening.

It needs to be done.

BlueBelle, Lilinoe, Tiger-n-Owl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

I am very very very angry at Trump and the GOP enablers. I have no qualms about seeing them all pay for their crimes whatsoever. If they suffer a bit, it's karma. I think Trump & his minions, Putin, etc. deserve whatever hell awaits them for their crimes.

I think Anger has it's place. It's an energy that can be channeled for good though. Jesus got angry when he saw what they were doing in his Father's temple and overturned the tables.  I think that when it comes to anger , it's ok to release it in a constructive way. I'm all for taking our anger (collectively) and channeling it into loving power for the light and the dems.

One note though: whenever I've hurt someone (verbally), when I was angry, the person who regretted it later 99.9% of the time was Me.

lenor, BlueBelle, Lilinoe and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

@triciact

There's a difference between feeling angry and lashing out.... but I feel ya.

Everyone: ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 

Lilinoe, Tiger-n-Owl, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@allyn)

@triciact

I don't blame you.  Like you, I deeply loath Trump and his followers.  Partly because they parade Christian values around and act like hypocrits, which only serves to drive people away from Christianity and religion entirely.  They are making a mockery of values they claim to hold dear, and they practice evil while preaching righteousness.

Another reason I admit that I dislike Trump and his folowers with such a passion is that they remind me of a group of bullies that used to rule the school where I went.  The similarities are all there: the name-calling, the targeting of victims, the downplaying of their own cruelty ("we were just joking!"), the systematic tearing down and isolation of anyone not agreeing with them, the self-victimization ("you are the ones picking on me!"), and the threats of violence to deter others from rising up against them.

I admit that I am not impartial about this, because I was bullied by this particular group of individuals as a child.  I was one of many victims, of course, (my sin was that I objected to the way the bullies were targeting another child).  For this reason, I feel that my particular aversion to Trump and his followers is based, in part, on his similarities with those childhood bullies so many years ago.  Having revealed this disclaimer, I still believe that while my dislike towards Trump is influenced, in part, to my own whildhood experiences, I still feel that his actions and corruption are such that my dislike for him and his followers is justified to a point.  Think about it; if Trump was doing such a great job, then why are so many people so unhappy?  Could he not accomplish a strong economy without being cruel?  Or ramp up his base without inducing them to commit violence and intimidation? 

In short, Trump and his followers are driven by the darkness.  They cannot be reasoned with, either by logic or empathy.  They cannot look past their petty grievances or their love for violence.  They are, in a word, lost.  Sadly, even years after Trump is gone, many of them will stay lost.

It is pointless to listen to them or anything they say.  It is useless to try to make them see the error of their ways.  If you stare into the darkness long enough, it will stare back at you.

The best thing we can all do for each other (especially for those like me who live in a pro-Trump area) is to reach out to other who follow the light.  We will not become like them and follow them into the darkness.  We will band together and blind them to our collective light.  They drive people away, and we will welcome their victims to join us.  They yell out their lies, and we will seek truth.  They scream for violence, and we will bide our time and wait until the moment when we take back our home in a blue flood worthy of Noah which will wash away all the filth and corruption that Trump has wrought.  This is not a fantasy or wishful thinking.  This is pure fact.  But to remain strong, we need to stay away from Trump and his corrupt followers, least they discourage us and make us feel worthless and powerless.  Send our light to empower those who need our help, and encourage one another.  That is how we win.  Hopefully, once we take back our country, we may be able to save a few of Trump's followers.  But until then, it is pointless, and they have no incentive to repent their ways, and their darkness will only serve to disrupt our light.  

Basically, ignore their darkness, and try not to stress out about them.  They aren't worth it.

lenor, BlueBelle, TriciaCT and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Posted by: @allyn

The best thing we can all do for each other (especially for those like me who live in a pro-Trump area) is to reach out to others who follow the light...Send our light to empower those who need our help, and encourage one another.  That is how we win.  ...Basically, ignore their darkness, and try not to stress out about them.  They aren't worth it.

Nice words. 

Aheartbegins, lenor, BlueBelle and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@frank)
Famed Member Registered

Posted by: @allyn

The best thing we can all do for each other (especially for those like me who live in a pro-Trump area) is to reach out to other who follow the light.  We will not become like them and follow them into the darkness.  We will band together and blind them to our collective light.  They drive people away, and we will welcome their victims to join us.  They yell out their lies, and we will seek truth.  They scream for violence, and we will bide our time and wait until the moment when we take back our home in a blue flood worthy of Noah which will wash away all the filth and corruption that Trump has wrought.  This is not a fantasy or wishful thinking.  This is pure fact.  But to remain strong, we need to stay away from Trump and his corrupt followers, least they discourage us and make us feel worthless and powerless.  Send our light to empower those who need our help, and encourage one another.  That is how we win.  Hopefully, once we take back our country, we may be able to save a few of Trump's followers.  But until then, it is pointless, and they have no incentive to repent their ways, and their darkness will only serve to disrupt our light.  

Basically, ignore their darkness, and try not to stress out about them.  They aren't worth it.

The ones who are stuck in the darkness are the ones that need our light (aka LOVE) the most.  The way to remove the darkness is to go out and share the Love.  Be the beacon of light that shows the path out of the darkness. Many are reading this and thinking "that sounds nice and all but I just can't right now" and I understand.  However, one of the biggest lessons I've learned on my spiritual journey is that we're not alone on this path.  We come from a state of pure Love and Love/God/The Universe/Source/Spirit/ whatever you want to call it, is willing and able to help us find our way back. All we have to do is ask for guidance.  A spiritual teacher once advised me to ask to be made into "a vessel for Love and for the Greatest and Highest Good."  I think that "prayer" is a good place to start. 

Aheartbegins, Bee, deetoo and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@allyn

Sounds like you and I had a similar childhood experience when it came to being bullied. I loath bullies and yes I too was bullied by kids in my school from 1st grade through 8th grade. I started to finally stand up for myself in high school, and I fought back, something my mother wouldn't allow me to do when I was younger. I also noticed that once when I was out with friends at a club in my early 20s that a gal who used to bully me was hanging out with my friends. I couldn't believe she was actually being nice to me so I confronted her and told her how badly she treated me when we were younger. She seemed to "forget" that she did these things. I remember feeling amazed that someone who made my life miserable for years didn't even seem to remember it, well I never forgot it.

I can forgive people, doesn't mean you forget. Nor does it mean you have to put up with these so-called Christian bible belt folks who claim they are Christian but want to put women in jail for life if they have an abortion and don't want to help the child once it's born and spread hate when they are not in church. I digress....

I try not to engage Trump supporters, even though sometimes I have to bite my tongue since family and very close friends happen to be some of them. This divide is something bigger than political lines, to me they were republicans before Trump, but after Trump it showed me who was bigoted and who hated all immigrants etc. I try every week to read or post here because I feel the love and light from everyone here. I also have friends who feel the way I do.

I appreciate the strength you have. The way you stand up to the bigots and how you showed you would defend yourself, but at the same time choose to ignore them when applicable.

FEBbby23, Aheartbegins, lenor and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)

I too was bullied, both at home and at school, from age 7 to about age 13.  I'm still dealing with the sequellae of those traumas...

Aheartbegins, BlueBelle, TriciaCT and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)

@laura-f

❤️ ❤️ ❤️ HUGs to you !! 

Hugs to everyone here!  We are all a mixed bag of people, yet we share a common goal of light and love. It's so wonderful we have one another. I propose we all light a white candle and say a prayer and send light and love at the eclipse. It  occurs at 2:21 p.m. ET. Because it is during daylight hours, it will not be visible from the U.S. and most of the Americas. Those in the best position to see it will be viewing in Europe, Asia and eastern Africa.

https://www.newsweek.com/full-wolf-moon-eclipse-2020-this-week-1480551

FEBbby23, LalaBella, deetoo and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@codyroo)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @triciact

@allyn

.... so I confronted her and told her how badly she treated me when we were younger. She seemed to "forget" that she did these things. I remember feeling amazed that someone who made my life miserable for years didn't even seem to remember it, well I never forgot it...

Really, there is nothing more aggravating than having someone treat you like crap and then "conveniently" not being able to remember doing so
(reference hurtful statements made by my first wife during our marriage that she never remembers saying....)

I've stood up to bullies all through school, and unlike the TV shows, the bullies always went after me and didn't want to back down.  I (sometimes) got a thank you from the kid being harassed, often times not.....but that wasn't the point.  There are a few things I really don't like, and physically trying to intimidate people is high on the list (being lied to is the other biggie).

This administration and their supports uphold all the things I hold in the highest contempt

Bullying
Taunting
Lying
Self righteous hypocricy
Gaslighting
Sudden acute amnesia
False equivalencies
Logic/Argument flaws such as "Whatabout"isms

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2
Share: