Notifications
Clear all

All Things Pets

(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

@laura-f 2020 - what's next.

My heart goes out to you. It's devastating, I know. Someone told me "Don't be sorry they're gone. Be glad they were here." At first it's so difficult, but they had wonderful lives with you. Sending you some virtual hugs. 

Jeanne Mayell, tbs, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)
Illustrious Member Registered

Oh Laura. I am so very sorry.  She sounds like she was really something. I loved the description of her bopping the dog on the head. 

I am sending you love and comfort from here.

Jeanne Mayell, tbs, deetoo and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@laura-f, oh no ... I am so sorry for the sudden loss of your dear Tess.  It hurts so much to lose a furry companion.  I am sending you a big hug, my friend.  ❤️ 

Jeanne Mayell, tbs, Stargazer and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bluebelle)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@laura-f oh, my dear girl.  I am so sorry to hear of your loss. Sending you love and a virtual hug (the only safe kind.)

The light in me sees the light in you and recognizes the sameness.
Namaste, Laura 

tbs, deetoo, Stargazer and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@stargazer)

@laura-f

(((Laura)))

It's been said that when we lose a beloved dog or cat (especially) suddenly, that they  will try to return us soon after in another reincarnation...

An experience that I had led me to believe this totally when someone gave me a tiny little kitten, and it's mannerisms and spirit were exactly like those of a beautiful big Anatolian Shepard that I had lost a few months before.... I just knew it was him returned.... it was so funny that the kitten thought he was still a big dog too....

I hope that your little Tess returns... and even if only in spirit, she will be with you again ...

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Unk p and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@laura-f   Big hugs and much love to you... what a peaceful passing she had on a morning where she did what she loved and then laid down and softly slipped across that rainbow bridge. She lived knowing she was well loved and she left the same way. What a gift you were to each other. She will let you know she's okay...RIP my little Déjà Vu. 1998-2014 The best cat ever! | Pet ...

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, ghandigirl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@laura-f Oh my, I am SO sorry to read about your loss. Losing a pet is devastating. I hope you find solace somehow. ❤️ 

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 tbs
(@tbs)
Noble Member Registered

@laura-f So sad to hear, especially so sudden. All the best , pets are not just animals, they are part of the family. And then so sudden, our beloved dog has cancer, so we know that the end is near. It is till very hard, but at least we can do all nice things  she always liked.

And we hopefully have 2 - 3 good months.

All the best..

Gr

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@journeywithme2

Lovely, lovely post and beautiful poem graphics.

Thank you so much. I am down to chickens and cats and the very much  older cat will most likely leave soon.

She's had far more than 9 lives and if her owner was anyone but me, she'd have been "let go a decade ago. 

Somehow, love and care has kept bringing her back! We've had quite the journey together and it feels like all that I needed to learn with and from her may be done but we'll see if she thinks so! Meanwhile,  i get up 3 times a night and all day long offering her fresh water and trying to tempt her with soft bits of gentle food and changing her soft  bedding over and over.

Loving animals is not always easy is it?

PS Did you write the first poem?

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Unk p and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@michele-b  No not easy.. but in the 30 year career in vet med I assisted in many crossing overs. Many saying good-byes..it is one of my "gifts" one of the things I do...helping spirits cross over and comforting those left behind. Have had many of my own as well. I often fostered or took home to love those that had no chance... one kitty was brought in to us in a snowstorm... very sick with Feline leukemia... I cared for that baby in my home for 6 months so that for the last of his life.. he would know love and care and safety. I have had to say good-bye to my own beloveds. I have had two of them come back to me in a new body over the years. :-)  One of my current babies is a kitten no one else would take.. who has many health issues... she is living her best life with me now as a middle aged queen :-). The typed words are my own.. the painted artwork post is not. Prayers for you and your queen as your days draw down to closing...know.. truly love never dies...it just changes form.

Loving any living being is not always easy *sad smile* but... it's really... all there is.

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Pikake and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@journeywithme2

You are so awesomely right and exactly how I feel. All our domestic pets are strays,  one with feline leukemia already passed. I loved and cared for them all. The passings are often so lovely and even easy at home but then you and I have those communicating and transition doula gifts. 

Love to you fellow traveler ?

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2 and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@michele-b  Hugs and right back atcha ❤️ 

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)

@laura-f

Deeply and truly sorry for the loss of your and your daughters little cat. Truly hoping this loss if followed by many more loving and filled with good memories days once the awful no good terrible missing days finally ease. 

But what wonderful last memory of the head bop goodbye to her canine companion and sweet leaving so easily as sad as they still are.

Keeping you and your daughter in my heart and thoughts.  

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Aw, @lauraf, This is so hard. No words. It is so hard to lose a little furry one. I saw one of your kitties sitting on your shoulder during one of our zoom events. You love with all of your heart, and they soak it up.

FEBbby23, JourneyWithMe2, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@tbs  So sorry to hear... yes... enjoy the days together until you have to say good-bye. Knowing its coming helps you prepare... and yet? we are never ready to say good-bye. We are comforted by the special moments we make together to become treasured memories until the time we are together again. Holding space for you as this comes to pass in your lives.

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, tbs and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@suspira44)
Famed Member Registered

My aunt by marriage died a couple of years ago. She and my uncle had a cat, Martha (named after Martha Stewart because she got out of prison the day our Martha left the shelter). She was an adult cat when she was adopted. That cat has had medical problems over the years.

Since my aunt died, Martha seems to have miracle cures. I know my aunt is keeping her going.

There's the same situation with my old boss and his cat Victor. Victor is ancient. My old boss said, "When Victor goes, I go." (He's extremely depressed and, at this time, ill.)  Well, his wife died a few years ago. Somehow Victor is still going strong. No one can believe it. I can. He's getting some extra help.

It may sound corny to some, but I know our loved ones are looking out for us and our animals, and when it's their time, they stay with us in our hearts and are cared for by people we've lost.

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, ghandigirl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 tbs
(@tbs)
Noble Member Registered

@suspira44 Beautiful written, and I also believe in this. And sometimes the animal know when it is time to go , because they feel a change is coming ....

Gr

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

Thanks, everyone. I've kept very busy today - painting a room in my house, repairing a soaker hose in the "back 40", harvesting some nopales and tunas (cactus + their fruit) back there too. I'm too tired to feel too sad today, but I do feel sad again in waves.

Our vet called to offer her condolences, she really cared about Tess. I learned something from her I had never heard of, maybe @journeywithme2 can confirm this. I told her no autopsy but asked her opinion, I described in detail what happened, that there was no crying out, no foaming at the mouth, no indications of pain at all, no lethargy, etc.

The vet said that when cats have a long, chronic,  inflammatory type illness (3+ years of autoimmune issues for Tess), that sometimes a part of the heart called the chorda tendinea can rupture suddenly causing immediate death. She said a stroke is less likely because she would have cried out and would not have died as quickly (we've had 2 other cats die of strokes in the past, and Tess's passing was completely different).

Jeanne Mayell, FEBbby23, villager and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@laura-f  Yes.. there are several ways they can pass quickly and not struggle and suffer and yes..strokes cause contortions and yowling and arching and twisting of the body. Emboli and aneurysms can cause sudden death. They pass quickly and without suffering in many of these cases. Without a necropsy its a professional guess.. and.. one that doesn't really change the outcome so I understand not doing one. Yes.. those of us in this profession ...really do care.. and.. are not in it for the money....the pay scale for the highly skilled and stressful work is not commensurate with what it asks of those of us who chose to do it. It hurt for years to have angry or hateful people scream "you're just in it for the money" with no idea of what we do and the lengths we go to and the emotional investment in helping our patients. It lost it's sting when I came to understand they were lashing out at us to assuage their own grief and guilt. She'll let you know ..very soon.. she is fine and nearby and loves you still.

Michele, FEBbby23, villager and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@bluebelle Thank you for the offer?Here she is - I have had some issues getting the photo rotated the right side up in the upload) Pikake (I borrowed her name?) is 12 and came to us 3 years from another family where she was pushed aside because the boy developed severe allergies. 

I was wondering if you can pick up why she is tearing so much of late. In Spring, we thought it was allergies but it now affects both eyes and it’s the tearing that stains the fur. She recently underwent 3 sessions of Emotion Code clearing. 

Thanks again - I am so looking forward to what you pick up.

1596538610-6DC22F8F-A7D8-4B88-BD6B-74E463330CAC.jpeg

Jeanne Mayell, villager, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 9 / 28
Share: