Notifications
Clear all

All Things Pets

(@deetoo)
Illustrious Member Moderator

@ghandigirl, if I were a kitty and had you as my human mom, I'd think you were an angel!  How blessed you all are to be traveling this life road together.  

And I love their names, Cleo and Lollipop!  

Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

• Yesterday we put our old cat Moose down. This morning I had coffee by his grave and a dragonfly flew onto my lap, facing me. It sat perfectly still while I talked to it.  I like to think it was a sign.

Jeanne Mayell, JackofHearts, teriz and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

Yesterday we put our old kitty Moose down. This morning I had coffee by his grave, and a dragonfly flew onto my lap. It faced me and sat perfectly still while I talked to it (Moose). I like to think it was a sign.

Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle, ghandigirl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@jewels

I am sorry to hear about Moose.  :(  A dragonfly symbolizes transformation, a sign/gift for you.  I am certain he was with you, even simply thinking about him surely brought him to you this morning

Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl, Unk p and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 tbs
(@tbs)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @jewels

Yesterday we put our old kitty Moose down. This morning I had coffee by his grave, and a dragonfly flew onto my lap. It faced me and sat perfectly still while I talked to it (Moose). I like to think it was a sign.

So sad and beautiful.  So to hear , always very hard to loose a dear one , human or animal. But beautiful experience with the dragonfly   all the best....tbs

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Stargazer and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

@jewels

I send you both lots of caring and loving thoughts. The loss of a pet even when old is still a loss and still sad. But oh the special rituals we have such as your sitting by his grave and the special signs of messages like the dragonfly help connect you both so much. 

I have been caring for my oldest cat all day and night long for four days now, expecting her to pass at any time. So, we are having this transition time now too. 

My cat is just about 20 years old and one that my youngest daughter and I watched be born. Our years together have been special ones.  I still miss her little litter sister that I lost in a terribly sad way in 2009. So this much more time gives me lots of time to really think about all of my dear pets and all we shared.

I sit by the graves of 3 cats. 3 dogs and dozens of other small animals and just send them gratitude and love. So many others are buried in other places not here with me but even the love of pets that I had as a little girl, i can see in my minds eye and remember. Oh how I so love animals and always will.

Many people see dragonflies as a sign of a blessing so this is indeed such a sign from Moose to you   But they also signify the shimmering illusion of a wall between life and death. The illusion of death.

Really there is only transformation from one state of being to a another we cannot usually see. Whether animal or human i see this and believe this.

It helps me always to await the signs and remember the love and know always it's still here with us both in different forms and never really ever gone at all.

Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl, Unk p and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jewels   Love never dies.. it just changes form..flesh returns to energy..souls go on..when you see them from the corner of your eye, or hear them run down the hall and jump on the bed... you FEEL their presence... it is them come back to let you know they are ok.. and you'll forever wear those pawprints in your heart. Sorry for your loss ❤️ 17 Best ideas about Cat Poems on Pinterest | Rainbow ...

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, ghandigirl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@michele-b

Thank you, yet again, Michele for your sweet thoughts!  Funny this morning, I felt sad but it lifted awhile ago.  :)  Heavy heart for you as you wait for the inevitable with your kitty baby. Ouch. I hope you have other pet family members to distract you.  I am watching ours to see the coming change in pecking order.  Interestingly enough, my daughter's friend who can see and sense a lot of the spirit world recently told us Moose would stick around after he dies.  :)  I hope you get a sign fast after kitty passes.

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, Unk p and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

@journeywithme2. Thank you for these poems and words!!  I am printing them out for the fridge.  :)

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, JourneyWithMe2 and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@journeywithme2)

@jewels  Hugs and Love and Light

ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

@lovendures

Aw thanks.

I didn't name them they came with names. :)

Jeanne Mayell, deetoo, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@ghandigirl)

Oh Jewel I am so sorry. I also believe Moose is with you. The dragonfly was surely a gift. 

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, teriz and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jewels-2)
Noble Member Registered

Just minutes ago Moose's photo appeared on my phone all by itself. I was in the kitchen in the spot where he got kitty treats. :)

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, ghandigirl and 11 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@deetoo)

@jewels, that gave me chills and made me smile!  Powerful messages you've been receiving.  Thanks for sharing. ?   

Jeanne Mayell, teriz, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@moonbeam)

@jewels. So sorry to hear. I was broken when I lost my cat. Still haven't gotten over it 4 years later. It leaves a gaping hole only animal lovers understand.

I hope you'll get more messages of love from beyond the rainbow bridge and find a way to deal with this pain. ❤️ 

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, ghandigirl and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

2020 continues to suck balls.

We lost our little grey kitty this morning, Tess.  She was 12 and while she had autoimmune disease, she was doing pretty well, so this was kind of sudden.

This morning she got up, ate crunchies, got some outside "catio" time, came in, bopped one of the dogs on the head, and popped up into her sunny sleeping spot in a living room window. The dogs were napping on the sofa nearby. I was doing some house stuff, including prepping her daily medications. This was at 11am.

At 11:15am, I went to go get her from her bed. She was unresponsive and limp. I called for my husband and ran for my stethoscope. I listened, but the only racing heart I could hear was my own. She was gone. Just like that.

Hubby took her up to the vet ER hospital, just to be sure (they reconfirmed), and to get her body cremated. I called our daughter to tell her, Tess was her cat initially.

It's kind of weird that we lost both Arlo & Tess within 5 months of each other. We got them on the same day but from different places, they weren't related.We got them in 2008, which was, up until 2020, the "worst" year our family ever had (long story short, lots of job, health, financial and other concerns, also my favorite marmalade died that year too).

I'd post a pic with this, however my laptop also just died today, it is now a doorstop (that's the software engineering term for it), I'm using hubby's tablet and I don't know his photo app on here.

? ? ? 

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, Stargazer and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@laura-f. I am so sorry, Laura.  

LalaBella and LalaBella reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

@laura-f well, damn.  I am really sorry that happened.  I know how much it hurts when your cat crosses over.  Much love to you.

Jeanne Mayell, Stargazer, LalaBella and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@pikake)
Famed Member Registered

@laura-f So terribly sorry. It’s heartbreaking to so suddenly lose a much-loved cat.

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

@laura-f

I am so sorry!  What a shock!  I know this must be difficult and I remember when you lost your sweet fur ball earlier this year.  This has not been a kind week for you and your husband.

(((hugs)))

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Unk p and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 8 / 28
Share: