Clear all

Weather vs. Climate

4 Posts
3 Users
34 Likes
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

The Northeast US is about to get slammed with a polar vortex. In May. This hasn't happened since the 1970s. Gaia is trying to fight back...

I feel bad for all my friends and family there who will be suffering, with as much as a foot of snow in New England (@jeanne-mayell - hope Boston area isn't too hard hit), but the worst part of this is that it gives fuel to climate deniers - "What global warming?? It's snowing in May!!"

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/weather/potentially-historic-may-snowstorm-headed-northeast-new-england-n1201946?cid=ed_npd_bn_fb_bn&fbclid=IwAR1xpe52pOPrvFW8IkRXcK997Nd06ouBqnJEOpOxd33mVNG5S79CYi5BKU4

FEBbby23, Jeanne Mayell, ghandigirl and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@triciact)
Illustrious Member Registered

@laura-f and @jeanne-mayell

The funny thing is I had a reading with Jeanne a long time ago, right before I started posting in this forum. One of the things she told me when I asked about where I live (in CT) was that she was afraid that the weather (in this timeframe of the reading - now 2020+) she saw it being cooler than normal in the Northeast - Boom. There she's goes again lol. ? ? 

FEBbby23, Laynara, LalaBella and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@laura-f  Any climate denier who sees snow in May as a sign that we haven't screwed up the climate is an idiot not worth arguing with.  (playing off a Mark Twain quote I just learned elsewhere here).

FEBbby23, Laynara, TriciaCT and 5 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant
Topic starter  

@jeanne-mayell

Agreed - I think one of my predictions from last month was a cooler than normal summer in the northern hemisphere... I'll try to find it...

FEBbby23, TriciaCT, Laynara and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: