World Predictions Forum

World Predictions Forum2018-10-28T23:57:05+00:00

The Magnetic North Pole is on the Move  

RSS

(@coyote)
Eminent Member Registered
02/10/2019 3:38 pm  

A flurry of news bulletins has been released in the past week about the rapidly changing position of Earth's magnetic north pole. This one from National Geographic provides a good run-down on what's been going on up there. 

These rapid shifts have fueled concerns among some observers that Earth's magnetic north and south poles are preparing for a complete reversal, something that on average occurs every 200 thousand to 300 thousand years. But the last reversal occurred 780 thousand years ago (basically, we might be overdue for a "big one"), and a rapid magnetic flip in the modern era could scramble telecommunications and navigation technology while also exposing our electrical grid to damaging solar flares.

So what does everyone make of this? Will a geomagnetic reversal be one more momentous earth change we should put on our radar? 

NWDoug and Michele liked
ReplyQuote
(@michele-b-here-in-the-forum)
Honorable Member
02/10/2019 4:02 pm  

I've been reading these articles and it poses so many potential problems with just our animal kingdom alone.

We are already seeing so many changes in insect behavior, migratory issues, etc.

Between true north, magnetic north and geo-magnetic north, my own highly senstive bio-magnetic energies have me spinning, so I can only imagine theirs!

Even if it takes eons, its already shifting/changing in measurable, notable ways that need constant updating.

Moving science down our government's priority list and eliminating so many people of science all along the way, seems deliberately determined to create problems of simply updating systems for human navigation alone not to mention all others including tracking the changes we know must be happening in other life forms!

Love, light, and healing prayers,
💜 MIchele

NWDoug and Coyote liked
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)
Estimable Member Registered
02/10/2019 11:16 pm  

That is  an excellent question Starpath.  I also read an article about this in the past few days.  I found it interesting how the Government shutdown put us behind the ball on updating coordinates, especially for airplanes.  It could have caused chaos.

ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
02/11/2019 7:45 am  

Yes, there was some discussion in the articles about how the government shutdown delayed updates for navigation systems, which really just underscores the need to set up decentralized, regional problem-solving task forces as politics as we've known it proves increasingly brittle in the face of our converging crises. 

I'm wondering though whether we should be worrying about a cataclysmic pole reversal that could occur in a single human lifetime; I've read some accounts of prophetic near-death experiences that have mentioned a rapid magnetic reversal that would wreak havoc for human society. I'm somewhat new to ideas regarding connections between the human collective and Earth systems, but it seems to me that this scenario may only come about if there is extreme chaos in the human collective (in a similar strain, I've come across some spiritual mediums online who have said that the Yellowstone super-volcano will only erupt in the next century if the human realm gets particularly turbulent).

Personally, I'm much more concerned about the known disruptions of global warming that are already occurring and are on track to accelerate in the near future.

NWDoug, Paul W and Michele liked
ReplyQuote
(@nwdoug)
02/12/2019 12:02 pm  

Coyote, recently I have been so wrapped up with EV technology advancements I haven't kept up with everything else going on. Thanks for your posts on this subject. I just looked up articles about the movement of the north magnetic pole and it's possible effects on the planet. Since my wife and I live in the Pacific Northwest we are sitting on top of a major fault line that is overdue for a major quake. The last big quake in our area occurred in 1700 and was around 9.0 or 9.1. We live equidistant from Mt. Rainier and Mt. Baker on the "Ring of Fire". I wonder if the recent rapid movement of the pole could trigger a massive quake people in our have been worried about. Could just the movement of the pole, even without a flipping of the poles cause that kind of a quake?

ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
02/12/2019 12:57 pm  

Hi NWDoug. From what I've read, changes in Earth' magnetic polarity occur as a result of shifting thermal currents of magma in the planet's mantle. Those thermal currents also drive the movement of tectonic plates, so a rapid reversal of Earth's north and south poles could also be linked to (but not caused by) chaotic tectonic shifts. I really can't speak very authoritatively on the nuances of this subject, though. 

You might be interested in skimming through this page from Kevin Williams's near-death.com, which provides a summary of and links to various prophetic NDE's people have had. A number of them speak of major tectonic changes and magnetic pole shifts in one breath. Regarding your living situation, I remember one commenter on this website a few years ago (before there was a forum) who lived in Seattle and posted about the Cascadia fault zone. She wrote that her spirit guide told her she should move away from the area soon because there would be trouble down the road...

BlueBelle and NWDoug liked
ReplyQuote
(@nwdoug)
02/12/2019 3:38 pm  

Thanks Coyote, I appreciate your response to my post. I read the page you suggested, "NDE prophecies of a shift in the earth's magnetic poles" and it was very informative. We have an apartment in NYC and have property on an island on the Olympic Peninsula. We spend  4 months each year in Roswell, NM taking care of my wife's 89 year-old mother. We are constantly traveling and are in jeopardy all the places I just mentioned. We could be flooded in NYC, devastated by earthquakes in the Pacific Northwest, or die of thirst or abducted by celestial aliens in Roswell. My brother lives just south of Kansas City, KS and has had numerous near misses by deadly tornadoes. My son was living on Topanga Canyon Blvd. near Malibu, CA. My wife and I went to the beach while we were visiting him and the temperature reached 115 degrees. The recent wildfires were threatening his neighborhood, but now he lives in Portland, OR.

Where is the safest place to live? I would have to say, probably someplace I wouldn't want to live. I am nearing 74 years-old, nearly died from from a vegetative heart valve caused by a black widow spider bite. I was in Saigon during the "Test Offensive" in 1968 while the city was under attack by rocket fire. I believe everyone's best bet is to give it to Spirit. We are all on this planet by grace. I've survived so far and not by my own efforts. All I can say is, good luck to everyone and all living creatures. If the Earth and its inhabitants are meant to survive the coming events, they will. I'll keep meditating and saying my mantra.

MDianne, Unk p, BlueBelle and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
Honorable Member
02/12/2019 4:12 pm  

Thank you for this sharing, NWDoug,

You've pretty much said it all. I came to the same conclusion. It is what it is. 

We can't outrun any of it no matter where we live, but just be our best selves and do and share and care about each other and our world.

And I can tell that you truly, truly do.

💜 MIchele

NWDoug, MDianne, BlueBelle and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
02/12/2019 9:04 pm  

Michele and NWDoug, you are both spot on. Prophecies are never set in stone, and we can avert catastrophic prophecies by being mindful and living with kindness in each of our small lives; a sudden magnetic reversal may only be the worst case scenario along a spectrum of possible outcomes. There will be periods of profound suffering in many of our lifetimes, but I sense that more and more seeds of hope and renewal are germinating every day.

CDeanne, NWDoug, BlueBelle and 1 people liked
ReplyQuote
(@nwdoug)
02/13/2019 2:06 pm  
Posted by: Michele

Thank you for this sharing, NWDoug,

You've pretty much said it all. I came to the same conclusion. It is what it is. 

We can't outrun any of it no matter where we live, but just be our best selves and do and share and care about each other and our world.

And I can tell that you truly, truly do.

Michele, thanks for your kind words. This is my attempt at humor; "It is what it is", but as I've heard it before, "It depends on what the meaning of 'is' is.

Coyote, Buddhism is the faith I feel most aligned with but believe  other faiths as being just as valid. My beliefs include; I am the master of my own destiny, my perception creates my reality, and if I wish to change my reality I need to change my perception. I also believe we are all connected to each other and are on Earth to help and love one another. I see us all as living in a sea of consciousness and are all on our own path to becoming aware. 

As for the time we now find ourselves living, those having the ability to do so, through love and compassion, can help others with their struggles. If that happens it will make the world a much better place.

BlueBelle, MDianne, Coyote and 2 people liked
ReplyQuote
Honorable Member
02/13/2019 2:08 pm  

NWDoug, hahahahaa.  Love it!

And I reply:

"IS" it whatever we think it "IS" ?

The corollary therefore being or perhaps "is it the alternate Koan of It is or Is it?

Or, are you and I now co-creating an entirely new conundrum

Note, repeatedly edited because all theat drifting magnetic north(s) business had me spatially displaced.

💜 MIchele

BlueBelle and Lovendures liked
ReplyQuote
Share:
See World Predictions 2018 & Beyond

Working

Please Login or Register