Notifications
Clear all

Latest Scientific Climate Predictions Need Some Attention

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I'm starting this thread because the climate news we are now getting needs attention. Some here had predicted and it has come true (see most recent hits) that the Arctic permafrost is now melting. This puts us into a possible escalation of warming. We can use this thread to help each other understand the science, what it means including the variation in scientific consensus and how we can evaluate that variation.  Do we accept the science? What do we think it could mean for us and how do we want to plan, if we want to plan, for a greater than 2 degree centigrade world. 

I never wanted to put my head in the sand. I also don't want to go into panic mode. I trust that our intelligent, heart strong, and compassionate community will post here with wisdom and discernment without panic, without denial, and without telling everyone that we are all doomed.   

There is a growing field known as climate adaptation.  It's got some people writing in it who are making some scary predictions, and others who disagree with those predictions.  It has some people who are trying to approach the situation with eyes open and with reason.  

Paul W, CDeanne, herondreams and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@practicalnihilist)
Honorable Member Registered

ReplyQuote
Share: