Notifications
Clear all

I just felt the Earth shaking

(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

Hello everyone, I was working on my Tarot "bible" and I was in the process of colouring the Fool's card.  I felt some kind of earthquake.  Although Quebec city is right on a fault line (St-Lawrence River), I'm pretty sure it wasn't coming from here. 

I feel like a geological event (or maybe a weather event?) is about to happen.  I looked online and I saw there was a mild earthquake about 9 hours ago (from the time of this post) off the Philippines's coast.  But it was only a 5.2, nothing to write home about.

Has anyone else had that feeling?  I wonder if this could be about the man made sinkhole I "saw" in the middle of Russia from the  Reading the Future night earlier this year...

Or could it be coming from the card I was drawing, the Fool...  Any thoughts?

firstcat, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)
Illustrious Member Moderator

I was interested by your post but have not been able to come up with anything for it. Have you had any insights into it in the meantime? 

ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

I became concerned the other day when I read that in Utqiavik, Alaska the atmospheric carbon (greenhouse gas) level  was 420 ppm carbon which is way above the global average.  Also the weather is crazy warm up there.  This is not good because when temperatures get that warm, methane gas (a potent greenhouse gas) gets released from the frozen tundra and the formerly frozen Arctic sea, which then thickens that carbon blanket at a greater rate.  

Reading that news was for me like the earth was shaking.

BlueBelle, CDeanne, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

Jeanne, That sounds pretty unsettling doesn't it?

On a somewhat related topic, I found this recent article interesting.  It is about how much planting  urban trees can offset "heat islands".

https://phys.org/news/2019-04-city-trees-offset-neighborhood-islands.html

Unk p, BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

Thank you for the welcome Jeanne!

Lovendures, after reading the article, I'm seriously thinking about growing a forest on my balcony!  It shows us how important every single thing is for our climate.  It affects us on all levels. But as I keep re-reading this, I wonder:  if all of us had a little garden on our apartment balcony and/or our backyard, how much of an impact it could have on slowing climate change?

Because of the weird feelings I had earlier yesterday (earth shaking), and the vision that some event geological or climatic would come to pass, I looked up the effect climate change could have geologically to the earth.  I didn't think of the obvious effect geology has on the climate with volcanoes exploding and throwing their ashes in the atmosphere, or tidal waves from earthquakes could affect the oceans streams (not sure but it make sense to me) which in turn control our climate.  One thing is certain, our winter was much warmer than what the mid-west experienced.  However, there is still snow on the ground.  We're in May!

So going back to my feeling an "earthquake".  Jeanne, you are correct when you mentioned feeling the earth shake.  As I think more about it, what I felt could be compared to a person shuddering.  Maybe I felt the earth's anguish...  I feel like there is an event preparing where climate and geology would be impacted. 

When I mentioned Putin, Russia and the sinkhole, I was referring to a vision I had during our remote viewing session in January.  I saw a sinkhole, it was huge and dangerous and man-made.  This sinkhole will create problems for Russia and eventually the world.  Putin is aware of the sinkhole, he is loosing control over it.  The sinkhole is in the middle of the country, south of Siberia.  I also saw the sea in northern Russia, the ocean was overflowing in the land towards that sinkhole.  I also saw Russia and Norway (or a country in the same area) having an issue or a dispute over something happening in the see.  Oil comes to mind, but I'm not certain. 

Those could be different events or they could be one big event.  They could be related to the earth shaking yesterday or not...

A couple of hours ago, I felt the earth shaking again...  A huge 18 wheeler was driving right by my living room, hitting potholes.  ? 

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, Baba and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

The level of warming that is happening in the Arctic should be seen around the world as an early warning alarm going off.  Surprised  there isn’t more alarm being raised in the press about it.  I feel there is hope -- a lot of hope, but the press needs to be more clear about what we are facing so more people will take action.

The actual carbon level they measured was 420 ppm. Thankfully, this is not a global average (which is 407 ppm) but a random reading taken in an Arctic town where they have a meter.  But it adds to other evidence that something is happening to the Arctic, which in turn effects the whole planet.   The article is here.

In geologic time, the spiking of  of carbon from our cars and factories is no less than a bomb going off.  To us it feels like slow motion.  To many it feels like nothing much is happening. To those who understand it, the accelerating carbon levels are a wake up call.

I believe the human race will survive it when we get the dark money people out of power.  Joanna Macy, my teacher, said:

It’s that knife-edge of uncertainty
where we come alive to our truest power.

As Lovendures' post shows us, people are already working hard on ameliorating the problem.  

Lovendures, thank you for the tree planting article.  So awesome! 

It reminds me that as the planet warms, there will be many successful efforts to lessen the bad effects.  

Marley, Unk p, Sophie and 7 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@coyote)
Illustrious Member Registered

Bright Opal, that sinkhole you described sounds a lot like craters that are already forming as a result of thawing permafrost in Siberia. In fact you might want to read up on the Batagaika Crater, the largest Siberian sinkhole. Deforestation was a primary catalyst in the crater's early formation: "Because the ground was no longer shaded in the warm, summer months, it heated up more rapidly than it had in the past, eventually causing the permafrost to melt and the ground to collapse." So yes, plant trees!

Also, if we all kept gardens, we'd be providing food and shelter for a diversity of pollinators and insect life. The monocultures of industrial agriculture and grassy residential lawns is a major culprit in the loss of so much insect biomass in recent decades.

Jeanne Mayell, Marley, Baba and 9 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

there is a proverb,   "if the world is ending, plant a tree .    ''    i would like to ask everyone, if you can   , , stop now, plant a tree     the world has already ended for 80 per cent of the forests     plant trees wherever you go      p

Jeanne Mayell, Sophie, CDeanne and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

plant trees   and dont bother to ask the landlord  for permission        for,   as  Whoopie Goldberg has said,          "before there was the Mall,       .... there was the Ocean"

ReplyQuote
(@unk-p)

wherever you are, please plant trees.  There are tree advocacy groups.  Even downtown apartment buildings with no yard can have street trees, if people desire it enough to see it through

Jeanne Mayell, LalaBella, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

Hello friends.  I felt the earth shaking again.  This time for real and up close and personal...  I fell, big time.  I'm writing this with one hand.  As I was carrying folded boxes, I didn't lift my leg high enough to step on the walk way to my apartment. ? I fell hard on concrete.  ? That is typical to me, I'm a scatter brain and accident prone.  The reason it is earth shattering for me (a little exaggeration here) is because I'm moving soon, so I need to pack and paint the apartment back in white.  But I'm OK, just a few strains in my fingers, wrist, shoulder and hip.  I'll be back in action within a couple of days.

Oh well, I'll take time off, and spend it with you guys!  I'll treat myself.  Another good thing that came out of this thread for me is a reminder that every little things we do can have an impact to our environment.   I'm thinking about how to integrate nature into my new apartment.  Have a four season garden of some kind.

Jeanne Mayell, Unk p, Michele and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@laura-f)
Illustrious Member Participant

Bright Opal - an earthquake? Or something more personal?

Hang in there! (But maybe not by your strained fingers)

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, Sophie and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

I am sorry Bright Opal.  I had a big fall a few weeks ago and am just now able to walk up and down stairs without much pain.   You have a great outlook on what to do while healing.  I love the fact that incorporating Mother Nature into your new apartment is a possibility.  May your move go smoothly.

Jeanne Mayell, Michele, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

Sorry to hear of the falls amongst our group. I’m sending you all healing light and hope that you improve quickly. In the meantime, we will enjoy your company! ?

ReplyQuote
(@firstcat)
Prominent Member Registered

Hi Bright Opal,  My friend who has visions of volcanoes before they happened said there would be one soon.  We don't know where.  When we did the Tarot the lovers card came and she said earthquakes and volcanoes come together as lovers as they say.  So, we sense this is immenent.  It may be a big one.
Posted by: Bright Opal

Hello everyone, I was working on my Tarot "bible" and I was in the process of colouring the Fool's card.  I felt some kind of earthquake.  Although Quebec city is right on a fault line (St-Lawrence River), I'm pretty sure it wasn't coming from here. 

I feel like a geological event (or maybe a weather event?) is about to happen.  I looked online and I saw there was a mild earthquake about 9 hours ago (from the time of this post) off the Philippines's coast.  But it was only a 5.2, nothing to write home about.

Has anyone else had that feeling?  I wonder if this could be about the man made sinkhole I "saw" in the middle of Russia from the  Reading the Future night earlier this year...

Or could it be coming from the card I was drawing, the Fool...  Any thoughts?

ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

Baba, Lovendures, and Laura F. thank you! Giotta laugh about it.  Lovendures, I hope you feel better soon!

Jeanne Mayell, Lovendures, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

I had a dream this afternoon about a volcano and earthquake.  But I'm on pretty good painkillers so I thought it might have been it.  More often than not, when doing remote viewing, I "travel" on a map and that is how I know there could be something going on.  I'll try to do that and see if I can figure out where it will be, if there is something happening.

ReplyQuote
 Baba
(@baba)

I just had 2 dreams, one which involved tornadoes/water spouts over the Mediterranean Sea of Italy and a dream which involved a monopoly-like board game where your opponent has to guess where you are hiding (laundering) your money. It was also in Italy. My guess would be that something is about to happen in Italy. Time will tell, though! No painkillers involved - just strange dreams for me this morning!

ReplyQuote
(@lovendures)

You know, volcanos and earthquakes go together with Italy also.  That could be interesting.

ReplyQuote
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor
Topic starter  

WOW!  Just WOW!  I just had a chance to do a quick meditation and that is the feeling I got too:  Italy. 

I believe it will be a super volcano.  When I read previous posts from FirstCat and Baba, I wondered if it could be Campi Flegrei in Naples.  I am basing my theory on Baba's dream of  "tornadoes/water spouts over the Mediterranean Sea of Italy" and her dream of a Monopoly like board and money laundering.

There is a crime syndicate allegedly very big on money laundering and they are mostly operating (again allegedly) in the province of Campania.  Naples is in that area so is Campi Flegrei.  It has 24 craters with most of them under water.  Its VEI is apparently 7, same as Yellowstone.

Please take the information about Campi Flegrei with a grain of salt since I took all the information from Wikipedia.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phlegraean_Fields

Jeanne Mayell, Marley, Lovendures and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 8
Share: