Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Hurricanes

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

Florence is heading to the East Coast with TD8 and TD9 churning behind it.

Olivia is heading toward Hawaii.

Any thoughts on these storms?  We have a few predictions on Hurricanes this month.

https://weather.com/safety/hurricane/news/2018-09-06-hurricane-tropical-storm-olivia-hawaii-forecast

https://weather.com/storms/hurricane/news/2018-09-06-hurricane-florence-atlantic-ocean-bermuda-us-east-coast

Sophie, Jeanne Mayell, Sophie and 1 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Last year some of us had seen another rough hurricane season for the Gulf of Mexico.  It’s in the older predictions for this fall.  I think  someone saw PR would get hit again.  But we will have more on this during  the September 17 Read the Future night.  Come to that event!  The link is on the top left of the prediction page.  

Lovendures, Sophie, Lovendures and 1 people reacted
(@bright-opal)
Noble Member Contributor

In April I had a vision of a rough storm in the Caribbean moving towards the US.  It is due to climate change from what I could tell

Jeanne Mayell, Lovendures, Jeanne Mayell and 1 people reacted
 lisa
(@lisa)
Trusted Member Registered

Anything on Florence?  Heading towards the East Coast.  Due the end of the week.  Big. 

(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

It's a little disconcerting that for the last two days, they've had predictions that Florence will land directly on my doorstep as a Cat 4. I had a gut feeling when I saw the yellow X over Africa when I first saw the storm appear. Tarot has been telling me to stay put, tho I've been doing a few too many repeat readings where I'm now starting to get some conflicting responses. My gut says that it will come in weaker than currently predicted but it will still be a force to be reckoned with. 

Hope everyone sends good energy and prayers to those who end up in the storm's path. It's amazing what they can do to help in such situations. 

BlueBelle, villager, Jeanne Mayell and 3 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

More than 1 million  evacuate as Florence nears the east coast.  it went from cat 2 to cat 4 in just hours.

Prayers that the hurricane weakens and less rain falls than projected.  Stay safe everyone who may be in the path of Florence.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2018/09/10/hurricane-florence-driving-life-threatening-conditions-toward-east-coast/1253945002/

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Prayers to all.  We are with you.  

(@maria-d-white)
Noble Member Registered

Hurricane Florence will be bringing an awful lot of rain, very much like Harvey. If you are on its path and your area is at risk of flooding, better go somewhere safer.

Also, have a feeling that help will be slow and if you are affected by flooding, it could be a long time waiting. Clean water is the first thing to run out.

(@runestoneone)
Noble Member Registered

Just heard tonight that Florence has weakened to Cat 3, but broadened out so damage will be more widespread. Let's all pray calming thoughts and see if we can chill it down to Cat 2 on landfall.

mariad and mariad reacted
(@cindy)

After days of worrying my gut was right, I went to bed with a smile on my face last night. Flo was down to a Cat 2 storm by  11 pm. She's gotten even a little weaker since then. Don't get me wrong, Florence will be no picnic. But she won't be a major hurricane when she hits. I know the codes used when my house was built, and by all accounts, I should be fine. Naysayers were making me doubt my decision to stay. I saw (and still see) widespread flooding that will block access to our town for days-maybe even a week or two. I'm prepared for that. I stayed (no choice in the matter) during Hurricane Floyd which was similar in scope. We were where the storm landed, and we fared better than inland did. I had seen the same scenario playing out this time. 

When I hit my lowest point two days ago, as always, my daughter showed up for me in a big way:

She's in the left cloud, letting me know she's beside me, and all would be ok. It's amazing how they show up for us, if we only look and listen with our hearts.

Thank you to all who prayed, sent light, meditated, or otherwise helped in mitigating the disastrous potential this storm held. 

Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart, Michele and 3 people reacted
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Oh, thank you, Cindy! I was up all night following the news keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers. 

I am so touched by your cloud angels. Beautiful and so meaningful. I know your daughter's angelic being is ever-present in your and your son's lives. And it's wonderful for all of us remember divine and protective energies around us for guidance and support.

I kept looking up my online friends states and towns location in relation to Florences updated path.

A 2, even a high one is so much "better" than a 4+. Now, to prayer for the wind and rain to not exceed and to hopefully downgrade, as well.

Continued love, light and prayers to all of you❣

(@cindy)

I know some friends and family didn't understand my decision to stay in town. I went to bed with a smile on my face the night Florence approached knowing of the protection I felt and had been told of. I've been thru many hurricanes before, all Category 1 & 2. This was one to remember. We had a voluntary evacuation in my county, not mandatory.  Town was hit hard. We were ground zero. The eye pulled ashore on one of our northern beaches and wobbled to the southwest. I turned out to be in the center of that wobble to the southwest. I'd been in the eye of a hurricane before-decades ago, but that was a much larger eye. I had the chance to let my dogs out, and check my property, and help a neighbor remove a tree from their driveway in the middle of the storm without fear. There was no wind or rain. My damage? Some very minor tree damage, and a flying branch took out my mailbox. That protection I felt was so precise. Ninety percent of my county is without power, for some restoration will take weeks. I had my power flicker on and off, but that's it. There is a small pocket of us who are relatively unscathed. That would be those of us who were in the eye after the wobble to the south west. There is a ring of heavy damage all around us. I not only have power, but cable, phone and internet. I am as blessed as I was told I would be. I now know that I was guided as I was- not to stay put for my sake-but for the sake of others. Once roads are open, I have a place for others to come to get a hot shower, re-charge their electronics, call loved ones, get a real meal, cool off, or to refill water containers. I will have a good nights sleep each night to be able to get out and help those in need in the community. I can do this because I listened and followed guidance I was given, in spite of my fears and doubts. 

Thank you all for your prayers, light and love to my community. It helped tremendously, and will continue to be of service, as this will be a long recovery. 

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, Michele and 11 people reacted
(@michele-b)

Wow.Wow.Wow.

Cindy, I'm blessed to know you and we are all blessed by your positive energies to hear your stories and be a part of this amazing and ongoing angelic journey.

For anyone reading here, who doesn't know your story, they should. You open hearts and minds in a way that only those of us who have lived tbrough amazingly challenging experiences, many here throughout their lives, others from life changing/world changing experiences can.

Thznk you and bless you for your goodness, spirit, and light. ♥️

(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

Wow Cindy your story is amazing.  I understand you make your own decisions as to evacuation.  I hope you and your's are safe and protected. I have been lighting white candles and sending positive energy to the area every night.  I love NC and the beautiful beaches there.  

On another note, and I hesitate to post this here, but I couldm't see another place for it.  Did anyone else see the video that has gone viral of the guy at the USCG storm center that flashed the white supremecy hand sign?  He thought he was being sneeky but was caught and relieved of duty after the USCG had to post an apology.  What is wrong with these people?!  By the way someone pointed out that the same sign in sign languge means "a$$whole"! 

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, Michele and 3 people reacted
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

Yogagirl, I appreciate your note about the hand sign. I was unaware that the alt-right movement had co-opted what used to be an "OK" signal. I will eliminate it from my emoji list and stick to the "thumbs up"!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2018/09/15/coast-guard-officer-ousted-florence-duty-after-viewers-claim-he-made-white-power-sign-tv/?utm_term=.53a4f25b9b9d

(@michele-b)

Whoa, yogagirl!

Hadn't seen that nor did I know that. PC is so volatile these days.

And here I've been using the ok sign when being almost run down in traffic. I thought i was telling them "I'm ok, it's all fine,  I don't blame you!"

Time to wear mittens and  never sign o.k. for any reason. Thanks for modern info i haven't kept up with!

Wow!

(@yogagirl)
Famed Member Registered

I didn’t know either!  I saw it a week or two ago on Facebook and thought WTF!  Things are just getting crazier and crazier.

(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Here's a history of the Okay sign and how it got to mean White Power.   https://medium.com/s/story/does-the-ok-sign-actually-signify-white-power-or-what-6cf3309df985

(@michele-b)

Oh, Jeanne, this is an incredible,  jarring eye opener.

All of a sudden I am hit with the depths of your fascist warnings. Depths of my soul. That photo of the Alabama pollutants, undeserving of terms like officers,  where 4 of them are flashing signs is as crude as the other kind of flashing only mean, hateful, ugly spirited.

Dang, more light and magic rainbow angel dust glitter to spread over their misguided forms in this lifetime.

Spiritual warriors unite in the face and presence of such negative energies .

Grabbing my rosary, crucifix and ocean holy water, sage, crystals and holy books of all kinds! Out out you terrible beasts! Ugh.

RosieHeart, Jeanne Mayell, RosieHeart and 1 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Topic starter  

Wishing everyone in the path of Michael safety and blessings. 

Laynara, Jeanne Mayell, Marley and 3 people reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: