Notifications
Clear all

[Closed] Hurricane Dorian

(@cerridwen)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

Anyone getting anything on Hurricane Dorian? It just got moved up to Category 4. I'm getting it could catch people off guard. 

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

I drew the 6 of Swords from the Sharman Caselli deck. Interesting. It shows a boatman taking two hooded men across rough waters to a calm shore. The literal message is to move out of the way.

BlueBelle, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 1 people reacted
(@cindy)
Illustrious Member Registered Participant

When I first saw it as a yellow x on the National Hurricane Center map over a week ago, my gut went uh-oh. I live where hurricanes are common. We've taken direct hits any number of times, including a handful where the storm name was retired after it hit us. I kept wondering when the official track was going to shift north, as I started my mental preparations on what I'd need to do. That shift doesn't appear to be coming. Dorian will hit FL from what is being shown. I've seen it often enough, they evacuate FL, then GA, then SC, and by the time the storm is done turning, it hits NC and there's no where for the NC folks to go. I haven't felt that, but couldn't figure out why I was feeling like I needed to get ready. 

Today's long term forecast maps told me why I've had such gut feelings. Long term (10 day + forecasts) are now showing Dorian to hit mid FL, move inland and then turn NE over land. It's showing that it will exit somewhere along the GA or maybe the GA/SC border back into the Atlantic and reform. It looks to rake right up the east coast before heading out to sea. Those in FL taking the first hit will have lots to deal with both in preparation, and in aftermath. However while everyone is concentrating on this first hit, folks who will be in the path of the secondary hits and such will be less prepared as they may not be as aware that it may return to the ocean and reform-even tho weaker. 

I certainly hope things change and I'm wrong, and my gut was just reacting after taking a direct hit from Florence last year. 

Lovendures, BlueBelle, VestraLux and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

Drew a card on Hurricane Dorian. Three of cups (Thoth deck).  Shows three places that might be hit the hardest. Two might be close in latitude. Then one further north. 

I am concerned about the Vero Beach area which is between West Palm and the Kennedy Space Center.

Snowbird, VestraLux, Snowbird and 1 people reacted
(@vestralux)
Illustrious Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

I am concerned about the Vero Beach area which is between West Palm and the Kennedy Space Center.

Thanks, @cindy. I've lived through many myself, and this one has me worried. (My mother lives in Florida and I'm to the north.)

Jeanne, I've also been concerned about a hurricane coming at Florida from this direction because of everything I've been learning about Delray to West Palm and northward. For several years now, the old vacation condo rental scammers have been creating a new con, opening a massive number of mid-to-low budget rehab centers, primarily for opiate addicts.

Florida was a huge "pill mill" state, but a lot of those customers were coming from all over—from West Virginia to Washington. Anyway, the rehab centers that have sprung up all over the area make insane profits by directly billing insurance companies (including Affordable Care Act insurers) many thousands of dollars for every patient admitted. One well-known, yet somehow legal abuse they commit is charging between $3500 - $5,000 for every urinalysis drug screen. They run several screens a week on the same patient, billing many thousands, even though these tests can be purchased for $30/each at Walgreens. Another is that they pay hundreds to "headhunters" for every addict they find on the street and can convince to enter rehab—but they have absolutely zero incentive to keep them there or help them recover. In fact, the more relapses and returns, the more money these places make. 

People (primarily under age 26) from all over the US have been flocking to the area for several years on the promise of rehab, even though most of them end up living on the streets because adequate beds aren't available. Judges in many states even order individuals to go there. So, the homeless problem has skyrocketed, and as I said, a large percentage are very young people. They're living on the streets, often sleeping on the beaches, completely exposed to every kind of human exploitation—and now, a mega-storm is headed directly their way.

Also, the US government recently sent hundreds of migrant detainees to that region. It's a terrible thing for anyone, but especially sad for the most vulnerable. 

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
(@vestralux)

Weird! I posted that and immediately remembered a dream I had last night (which I'd completely forgotten until just now). I was in a remote place with pine trees and wetlands marsh grass. It was already a soggy place, but the ground was flooding. I was trying to get to safety in a house on stilts before the water rose too high.

Every time I looked down, there were gross things in the water near my feet (decaying animals, for example, which seems a pretty clear symbol of death and toxicity). When I finally got to the house, I knew it wouldn't be safe for long and that I couldn't stay there. No one was home but there were two dogs inside, and I was worried about what might happen to them. I thought about cutting a hole in the screen door so they could get in and out, but I was afraid an alligator might get in if I did that.

Note: I live in southern Appalachia and haven't seen an alligator since I was a kid.   

Lovendures, Jeanne Mayell, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator

VestraLux, if this is a predictive dream, I would say that  the dead animals are a possible key piece of information. It tells me something water ( flooding likely) related has already happened and that you are about to experience  a second wave of flooding.  Perhaps a dam breaking or flooding happening from a different direction. For example, the first direction from  the ocean but the next from  opposite, maybe  the rivers flowing to the ocean.  If it wasn't windy in this part of the dream, it likely is secondary flooding from not being able to hold the excess water.  

The storm is expected to be huge and very slow moving.  Slow moving is bad news as most  of the Cat 4 storms which have hit the US have been fast moving.  We are not used to slow moving big storms.  

(@anita)
Noble Member Registered

Any chance Dorian will hit MiraLago?

bigshowoz, Lilinoe, bigshowoz and 1 people reacted
(@lovendures)

@Anita, yes in fact both Mar a Lago and his Doral resorts are in the cone of uncertainty.  It will be interesting to see if the path will shift closer or further away from those areas.  If it is closer,  I see a whole bunch of" karma memes" heading his way.  

Lilinoe, Anita, bigshowoz and 5 people reacted
(@snowbird)
Noble Member Registered

Posted by: @jeanne-mayell

Drew a card on Hurricane Dorian. Three of cups (Thoth deck).  Shows three places that might be hit the hardest. Two might be close in latitude. Then one further north. 

Of course Cups = Water.

(@vestralux)

Thanks, @lovendures. I grew up on the Gulf coast but live in the mountains, so this dream wasn't predictive for my own region. I've been having frequent and intense climate change related dreams for the last 13 years and 4 months, exactly. Most involve immense hurricanes, flooding, tidal waves, and rising oceans. If this one was predictive, it was about aftermath flooding in Florida, I think.

Palm Beach, where Mar-a-Lago sits, is an obscenely wealthy strip of real estate. But like too many places of its kind, it's just minutes away from some of the worst poverty and economic social injustice our country has to offer. Palm Beach property owners have many other homes and properties, and have likely all already flown private to escape Dorian. They also have incredible insurance and even if they didn't, can easily afford to restore their property after the storm. As for Mar-a-Lago, I wouldn't be surprised if some absurd loophole or outright injustice forces federal tax payers to bear the expense on any damages and restorations needed there.

So, personally, I won't consider a Palm Beach direct hit any kind of karma. In any case, Drumpf would just use it to paint himself as some kind of victim, which he isn't. After everything he's said and done to the people of Puerto Rico, a cyclone would have to suck him out of Air Force One to even begin to balance the cosmos. And he'd still probably find a way to tweet from the afterlife, bragging about how he'd nuked it into smithereens.   

deetoo, Anita, BlueBelle and 5 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@snowbird

Funny about that three of Cups card I pulled on the storm two days ago that showed three cups in different places pouring water down, like a fountain.  Tonight in the news, the meteorologist described the storm as unleashing a three-pronged attack : 

Hurricane Dorian became a major hurricane on Friday, as government officials and residents in the United States and Bahamas continued to prepare for the potentially devastating storm that is forecast to unleash a three-pronged assault of extreme winds, devastating storm surge and severe flooding.

VestraLux, BlueBelle, Snowbird and 3 people reacted
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

A member of our community who lives in Australia, Bernie, sent me a vision she got about Hurricane Dorian. 

I believe it will reach Category 5. I saw alot of water over Florida in a prediction we did last year.

VestraLux, Cerridwen, Lovendures and 5 people reacted
(@Anonymous)
New Member Guest

@jeanne-mayell

It’s now officially a category 5

(@cerridwen)
Trusted Member Registered
Topic starter  

It's bigger than Irma. Hit the Bahamas at 185. 

(@lovendures)

I can't imagine having 185 winds moving over the place that I lived at only 7 miles per hour.  7 mph!!!   That is insane.   I just heard some of these islands can expect 100 mph sustained winds for 30 hours straight. 30 hours!!!!

How do you even wrap your head around that?

Do any of our members live in the cone of uncertainty right now?  

BlueBelle and BlueBelle reacted
(@vestralux)

I just heard a report that there may be wind gusts of up to 220mph, which the meteorologists said has never occurred before. Those speeds are unprecedented, as is the incredible size and slow moving nature of these monster storms. My heart is with everyone in its path.   

Lilinoe, villager, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
(@cindy)

Posted by: @lovendures

Do any of our members live in the cone of uncertainty right now?  

Yes, I'm in the cone still. 

And oddly, I'm much calmer than last year when Florence was churning. We took a direct hit with Florence  (not my first direct hit,  proably nit my last either). 

deetoo, Lovendures, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
(@vestralux)

Surrounding you with light and a prayer for safety and collective calm, @cindy. ?

deetoo, Lovendures, Lilinoe and 7 people reacted
(@cindy)

@vestralux

Thank you. It's greatly appreciated. 

Still think we'll get hit, or at least seriously brushed, but I don't have gut feeling that it will be as bad as last year. Yesterday at the store, I picked up the same feeling from those who were also there. Just calm preparation, not the scattered anxiety of last year. I seriously can't imagine what the folks in the Bahama's are going through. It's been unrelenting down there. 

Lilinoe, VestraLux, Lilinoe and 1 people reacted
Page 1 / 2
Share: