Notifications
Clear all

[Solved] How Technology and Innovation will be addressing climate change?

2 Posts
2 Users
2 Likes
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin
Topic starter  

I started this topic in the Positive Predictions section. So please go there to respond. Would love to hear what people know about this and what intuitive thoughts/dreams/visions people get about this?

Michele and Michele reacted
(@michele-b)
Illustrious Member Registered

Listened to NPR today about climate change and how it is literally melting Alaska's permafrost and the resulting microbial action is further altering carbon dioxide emissions in a place once considered to be a carbon bank.

I grew up on Alaska..before it was even a state, return to visit family and have had a brother snd his wife share their personal experiences substitute teaching at remote village ..Point Hope for 6 weeks after the only school was closed due to their one teacher leaving without notice. They really became aware of the direct impact climate change has had on the tiny isolated village ...everything has to be flown in at great expense..and their subsistence/living/ survival being impacted by melting ice flows. Durect impact on lack of polar bear habitat and the native peoples spiritual ceremonial connection to the hunt and eating of polar bear meat as severely being impacted by climate change.

I've been listening, reading for even the most far fetched ideas being researched to save these remote villages as well as entire species.

The idea of creating floating windmills came up.. http://www.nbcnews.com/mach/environment/scientists-want-put-10-million-windmills-arctic-here-s-why-n756481?cid=eml_nnn_20170510

Gives me hope to know that researchers and scientists are thinking of ways as unusual as building up the remaining artic ice.

Share: