Notifications
Clear all

Galapagos oil spill

(@lovendures)
Illustrious Member Moderator
Topic starter  

A 600-gallon oil spill left parts of the Galapagos Islands covered in diesel fuel on Sunday.

"It's horrific that a toxic oil spill was allowed to happen in one of the planet's great ecological treasures," Kristen Monsell, an attorney at the Center for Biological Diversity, told Newsweek. "Oil lingers in coastal ecosystems for years, killing wildlife and disrupting food chains, and it's impossible to clean it all up."

https://www.newsweek.com/its-impossible-clean-it-all-600-gallon-oil-spill-galapagos-kills-wildlife-disrupts-food-1478889?fbclid=IwAR1qVGpIoFNcLGoVkUjbSAHp7J_rFviQLr4g10eQOV379-1epxgrhS3MGMI

lenor and lenor reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jeanne-mayell)
Illustrious Member Admin

@lovendures, Thank you, dear friend, for posting.  That news is truly tragic and sadly fitting for the depth of the darkness at this time.  As I think about that news and about the dark players who continue to operate at full tilt in our world -- Mitch McConnell, Donald Trump, Vladimir Putin, the Fossil Fuel industry, and their enablers, I hear the words:  I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness for it shows me the stars. –Og Mandin  

Lovendures, Lilinoe, BlueBelle and 3 people reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: